Doreen Virtue: Messages From Your Angels Deck

GoddessArtemis

I am by no means an Oracle deck sort of person--I prefer my tarot decks any old day. But tonight, I went to our local new age bookstore to browse around and came across Doreen Virtue's Message From Your Angels cards.

Since they have a sample box open for customers to look at, etc. I started to ask the deck questions, just to test it out. One was something like, "What do you have to tell me about my current day" and I got a response like, "Don't worry; I want you to be happy..." etc. etc. Can't remember which card it was, but I nearly cried. I really needed to read that.

Whether it's because I'm also working to make contact with my Guide, or I dunno what...but the responses that came from the deck were so heart-warming and positive. I almost have to wonder if my Guide led me to these decks, since I generally don't look at this section of the bookstore...

After that, I tried several other oracle decks...and except for one other one (Doreen Virtue's Archangel Oracle Cards, which they did not have in stock, but which also has LOVELY angelic paintings, so peaceful!)...I didn't connect with any other oracle cards.

I guess this deck just spoke to me..it's a beautiful and while I'd usually spend my money on tarot decks, I had to get this deck.

I see form other threads on Doreen Virtue that many people have this deck. Please share your experiences with it, and how you use these cards. I really, really like them.

GA

P.S. For those with an MP3 player or who want to download the files to your computer for meditation, Audible.com has a lot of Doreen Virtue's material available as downloadable audio. I just came across that, and I'm considering downloading some. Go to this site, and do a search on her name: http://www.audible.com

GoddessArtemis

When I tried out the open-box set of these cards at the store, the cards seemed to respond so well.

But ever since I brought home my freshly bought pack, I get the most random, weird, irrelevant responses from these cards. Any ideas on why this may be happening and how to work around it? I'm getting very frustrated with them...

GA

geministar

Hi Goddess Artemis,

Firstly, apologies on not seeing this thread earlier. I have quite a few of Doreen's decks and love all of them although I must admit that this deck that you mention is not at the top of my favourite list. I really like the Mermaids one and the Goddess Guidance deck much better. You were obviously drawn to this deck for a reason. They are very beautiful.

There are sample spreads to use in the front of the LWB which comes with the deck.

Im very sorry to hear you are receiving such strange answers from your readings with them. The way I like to use them is probably how you would. Start by making sure Im relaxed, focus on my question, then draw as many cards as I feel I need to. Then I sit quiety going through each card and read intuitively but also reading the book.

Maybe you arent getting accurate readings because this isnt the type of deck you usually go for so perhaps have been a bit blocked when doing your readings. Just a suggestion.

I would love to hear how you continue to find using these cards, Goddess.

Gemini xx

Kahlie

Hey GA,

It might be because of the Questions you have been asking. I use this deck online here. They also have Healing with the Angels there.

I use them for daily guidance but other than that, I haven't found them must useful..... maybe that's because of the questions I normally ask or because everything in the whole deck is positive.

With Messages from your Angels it isn't rare for me to draw 3 Cards and get: A positive Yes - Go with the Venture, a Negative - Wait you don't know enough and a Neutral - Things are growing. This makes it very weird unless you are already able to connect which of your projects goes to which cards... *sigh*

As well as that it normally doesn't connect that well to my day. I'm thinking on stopping doing Readings with them - although something nice and positive in the morning is nice. And when I did Healing work the evening before ArchAngel Raphael ALWAYS gets drawn in the morning. A nice confirmation, that's true.

Kahlie

geministar

Kahlie said:
I use them for daily guidance but other than that, I haven't found them must useful..... maybe that's because of the questions I normally ask or because everything in the whole deck is positive.

I agree with Kahlie here in that I only ask general questions, nothing complex. Just questions like 'what do I need to know'. If I want more of a detailed answer I will go to a tarot deck or another oracle deck.

I do believe that the bulk of the cards are positive but it doesnt mean you will get wrong answers, just gentle ones and they are also good when you are feeling a bit down and need a bit of a pick-me-up.

Gemini :)

MCsea

Just a thought GA that maybe there were Angels helping you in the store, and when you came home you were not so in tune as the 'big' issue was 'resolved' I think all Doreen Virtue decks have a time and a place, they are lovely and simple but they always work best when we are connecting with the angels.

MARINA

Dolphin_Dreamer

GoddessArtemis said:
When I tried out the open-box set of these cards at the store, the cards seemed to respond so well.

But ever since I brought home my freshly bought pack, I get the most random, weird, irrelevant responses from these cards. Any ideas on why this may be happening and how to work around it? I'm getting very frustrated with them...

GA

LoL same here Goddess! My guess was either they (angels) frequent the stores or they figured you paid only for the cards and stayed back at the store to increase sales hehe j/k I found that they are amazing for doing readings for others. Even if I don't understand what they are trying to say, the other person has been wowed by them. The most profound thing with them for me is the amazing pictures, they take me away, and my name is in it :D :angel:

I think for me it took a bit for me to get my head out of the tarot way of doing things, but like you, in the store the card I drew I nearly cried. Often I would ask of something when I was on the down side and drew a card that said my child in heaven was happy lol I've never had kids... so thought ok must be a past life thingy hehe and of course it didn't help me. Later I was still bothered and the card came up from Yvonne about my pets, then I clued in and the other reading made sense. My dogs, I told my mother they were her grandsons and we were always as close and connected like they my children... For me after he passed, when I need to focus I used to always think of him. I am single so this child in heaven would mean little to me unless I remember my bond with my dog(s).

4 fold message So sometimes it's a matter of trying not to be so literal and to break away from the stringent rules we follow in life. If you have a strange way or symbolic way of looking at things that is diff then others, it's possible the angels are communicating to you in that way first, not how others would (ie ppl might say pet rather than your child) Put in a diff way, the angel cards communicate with you according your views which gets to a more personal level rather than just literally taking the card for what it says. So to me it was saying "You are different and see/feel things different. That's ok" and they were acknowledging this it was up to me to acknowledge this. The other was to remind me of my focus or the feeling or processes that might take me out of my mood, next is simply my dogs, my deep loves were being watched over by them! :party:

I also see the point that to me it is important for me to 'dig' myself out of my own moods, so the biggest thing of all was that it was telling me how to do it myself, that it was up to me cause it wasn't easy and in retrospect, I was in the mood cause I was being too stuck on how others think.

Hope that helps...

Logiatrix

Hi, all...

I went ahead and posted a link to this thread in the INDEX, to be found here.

Please remember to post about specific cards seperately, so we can also index them as such. Thank you very much!
:)

GoddessArtemis

Thank you so much, all, for your input. I'm here to say that these cards are still not making sense to me at all since I brought them home!

I ask questions (per instructions of the accompanying booklet) where a certain relationship is headed. I keep getting the card about "You have a great gift of working with children". Okay, this makes no sense to me, since this is an adult relationship I'm asking about. I've even asked for clarification cards (as Doreen Virtue recommends), and the clarification manages to confuse, not enlighten, the interpretation.

I've nearly given up on this deck, because its responses seem so random. Maybe the angels DID stay back in the store to sell more cards (hehe Dolphin_Dreamer)--haven't had much luck with these since I bought the deck.. :(

GA

Kahlie

GoddessArtemis said:
I ask questions (per instructions of the accompanying booklet) where a certain relationship is headed. I keep getting the card about "You have a great gift of working with children". Okay, this makes no sense to me, since this is an adult relationship I'm asking about. I've even asked for clarification cards (as Doreen Virtue recommends), and the clarification manages to confuse, not enlighten, the interpretation.

Did you consider that maybe the Angels are telling you that this is not a mature relationship? That one or both of you are acting in immature fashion? Maybe one is much more nurturing and willing to help, playing a mother role, while the other is playing an adolescent havoc wreaking role?

Kahlie