360 Degrees of Wisdom

yaraluna

esperanto

amaris parla esperanto?

i learned a bit and forgot it but have the book with me, so i better practice hehehe!

yara

LixiPixi

Photos?

Does anyone have a few scans of the cards/deck that comes with this book? I can't seem to find any anywhere :( and I'd really like to know what they look like.

Thank you...

LP~

purple_scorp

Hi LixiPixi,

I may have confused you with my question about the cards.

There are two sets of cards that come with Lynda's book. One have red backs, the other blue. One has the numbers 1-30 on one side, the other has each of the twelve astrological signs.

The idea is that you shuffle and draw one card from each pack so that you end up with a combined sign/number. You then turn to the corresponding symbol in the book to get your interpretation.

Sometimes people buy Lynda's book without the cards and then, they just randomly select a page from her book.

A few of us in the study group have decided to create our own cards based on our individual interpretation of the symbols. I've posted all of my cards in the individual threads.

Hope this clarifies the card situation.

with love
purple_scorp

LixiPixi

Hi purple_scorp - thank you for the reply. I've been looking to purchase Lynda's book and I saw that it includes 42 cards. I was hoping to see a couple of scans of what they look like. But since you've explained that they're just numbers and astrological symbols, I see why they're not readily available for viewing. I think I can do without a scan of them :) I just didn't want to buy it without a better idea of what I was getting. It all makes sense now :D

I'll have to go back through the threads and take a look at your cards. Thanks again for the reply!

LP~

Amaris

yaraluna said:
amaris parla esperanto?

i learned a bit and forgot it but have the book with me, so i better practice hehehe!

yara

I studied a bit and have forgotten everything! But, of course, the joke is that no one speaks Esperanto natively ... And that's how well I speak it! LOL!

Amaris

LixiPixi,

I was sooo confused for the longest time by the word "Symbol" in the name Sabian Symbol. I think of "Symbol" as a visual element, rather than a verbal element, so I kept looking for pictures, too! Eventually, I got straightened out. purple_scorp described them perfectly.

Hope you end up joining us over here. The Symbols are lots of fun!

Amaris

Simone

Actually i am GLAD there are no images - the names of the symbols talk to me more than any image could - and the fun thing, I think, is that they evoke different images with everyone!

(that's why i never look at the created images, they interfere with my own imagery - sorry, purple_scorp ;) )