Can Someone Tell Me What This Oracle Is?

rwcarter

I bought a box of oracles and tarot decks a month or so ago. There's one oracle deck that came without a box or booklet and try though I might, I haven't been able to figure out what it is.

There are 66 cards in the set. The cards are 5-1/4" square. The card number is in the upper and lower corners of each card. Each card has a large central image surrounded by 8 other images in roughly the compass points (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, and NW).

The backs of the cards are gray. In the center of the card is a circular purple design. The copyright is Linda and Roger Garland 1991.

Anyone know what this oracle is? I can post a jpg of one of the cards if that helps.

lunakasha

These are the Dream Cards by Stephron Kaplan-Williams.

They come in a set with the large, square cards you described and a smaller deck with definitions for all images on all of the cards, as well as a book.

Let me find some links for you....

This set is apparently OOP but you can find some via amazon marketplace:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/067173797X?tag=cmk1999&link_code=xm2&camp=2025&dev-t=D216JD0ZGSFGW8

Here is his website where you can try some sample readings:

http://www.dreamwork2000.com/

I have this set and find some of the images a bit strange and unsettling, which is true of most dreams....they are fun to work with, although I am not sure how much you can do without the other cards or book. Maybe the website can help with interpretations.

:) Luna

rwcarter

Hi Luna,

Thanks for that link. Turns out I need to get reacquainted with my collection of oracles. In addition to the loose cards I got in the lot of stuff, I also already have a complete set (box, cards, book and explanatory cards) that still has the plastic sleeves on the cards, although I had removed the shrink wrap from the box. I think I've had that for 5+ years now. Although Linda and Roger Garland are listed on the cards, the box has Strephon Kaplan-Williams on it, so I never made the connection.

Rodney