Shaman Wisdom Cards....book??

HearthCricket

I just bought the Shaman Wisdom Cards, by US Games, and it was the deck only. After looking all over Amazon I could not find anything suggesting it ever came with a book, but while at the store, a young man who hangs out there and reads a lot of Shaman things, looked like he was reading from a book that matched the packaging of the deck.

So...does anyone know if it comes with a book, too? Any ISBN numbers or any links to a place where I can get the book, also?? Thank you!

BTW...love the deck!

Little Hare

Is it this deck?

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/shaman-wisdom/

I have it and unfortunatly have hardly used it :/ it is a deck that for me requires alot of study... also the one teensy little down thing about it is that on AT the cards are much brighter then when you get them out of the box... that being said there is something beautiful about the deck!

I actually thought that the only book that came with this deck was the LWB

Aulruna

I'm also not aware that there's a book available for this deck - quite unfortunate!

As for the book you saw the guy reading - the Shaman Oracle by Kenneth Joseph Estrada and the Wolf Song Cards by Lew Hartman http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/wolf-song/ may look a little similar from a distance.

Sorry, couldn't come with anything better...

HearthCricket

Thank you for the replies! I actually saw that young man again and he was reading the Animal book by Ted Andrews, so it just looked similar. Nice to know we are not all going crazy. As for the Wolf Song Deck...it just arrived and now I am going to play with it! My Shaman Wisdom cards are on my night table and I just love them. I love the way the book is written. I feel like I am sitting by the fire, talking to a Shaman or a great teacher of Native American lore and legends, telling me what each symbol/animal stands for!

Aulruna

Ooooh please start a thread about the Wolf Song cards once you've had time to play with them a little! I have eyed those for a long time, but with all my other animal oracles, I've hesitated.