Can anyone recognize this deck

Lillie

It's not a tarot deck, it's some kind of fortune telling deck, possibly like a lenormand, or the gypsy witch cards.

Don't know what it's called though.

gregory

By the spelling of "favorable", it should be American. (Oh yes - and there is Miss Florida !!!!)

42 cards. Like Lillie says - fortune telling rather than tarot.

Looks sort of 20s ish....

Lee

I love the "Married Man," walking his wife's lapdog! :D

-- Lee

Madame Squee

Adjustment said:
I saw this deck up for auction and i would like to know if anyone knows what is called. http://cgi.ebay.com/42-antique-1920...ryZ35837QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It has "Gypsy" in the name, something like Gypsy Queen or Gypsy Dream. I've seen it many times over the last several years, and I don't think it usually goes for this much ($46 USD right now). It looks like a really neat deck. If you set up a favorite search for "telling cards", you'll most likely find it in the near future in much better condition at half the price (maybe... the market for used fortune telling and/or tarot cards is rather volatile :D). Good luck!

HearthCricket

Wow....that is a neat deck! What a treasure! I would love someone to put that out, again, with an aged look. Wouldn't it go nicely with the Housewives Tarot? I can just see it being sold at Ike's store, on Walton's Mountain, along with a piece of bubble gum....And Grandma yelling at Ben for buying it with his spare money, calling him a heathen.... :D

Madame Squee

gregory said:
Gypsy Queen it ain't: Look !.
Eeek! My world is crumbling!!!

Hmmm... well, I'm at work, but I'll see what I can come up with...

I know I've seen it many times... it has to be gypsy something or other!

(I spend way too much time on ebay!!! :D)

Anam Cara

I have this deck! :)
Well, I have MOST of this deck!! ;)

I bought it on ebay a few years ago...the box is a little tattered, 2 of the cards are missing, and it didn't include instructions...but I love it dearly!!
The 20's illustrations are great and I love the cover of the box! (speaking of which, the cards are all illustrated in shades of red and green...only the box is illustrated in a full range of color....but the simplicity of it only makes this deck even more charming!)

If you like it, I highly recommend it...but you might want to hold out for a better price...
:heart:cara