De-Enabling Thread

nisaba

Er ... yes. Well done. And all that nasty blue and green swirly stuff - enough to make you carsick, and I'm not even in my car. I don't know *what* I was thinking. I'll hang onto my copy of Tim Low's book, I think, and just salivate over the exquisite photography.

Debra

Attagirl.

Ok.

Indovino. Lots of people think they will read with it. No one ever does.

Tarô Místico (Mystical Tarot). 44 cards. Not "proper tarot" as you say in your profile.

il Tarocco Bizzarro. Save your money. Gather all your friends about for a hoot 'n holler evening. Same effect. Even better if everyone crashes on the couch and floor and you see each other in the morning.

Tarocchi Veneziani. Harmless to "wish" for it, as it is more elusive than, um, whatever is really really elusive.

Aerin

Le Fanu said:
Both. Strike both off.

Flimsy wimsy cardstock (you've heard it all before). Too literal a rehash. Come on, nisaba, you must have some serious decks on your wishlist...

I agree. Every deck the same as the last one. Even *I* removed them from my list, I felt I was being had.

That Science Tarot, what a muddle. Just muddle. Give me a Quantum any day, and you have that one.

Debra

And the Science Tarot :rolleyes: has a suit of Bunsen Burners :rolleyes:
Get a grip, hon.

Le Fanu

LOL @ the Science Tarot. And the wrong type of LOL!

So forgettable and it isn't even out yet.

Glitterbird

The Science tarot would make me sea sick trying to read with it, too many different styles in one deck.

quintessence

It's bad enough trying to do the math with all that, like, numerology stuff, but now you also want to do the science?

nisaba

Re the Science Tarot and everybody's answers:

<hysterical laughter> That was fun. I'm keeping it on my wish-list for entertainment purposes. Tell me again why I shouldn't?

Debra

On the other hand, they're Launching the Science Tarot at the California Academy of Sciences, which is an absolutely fffantastic place--really truly fabulous--and they're having readers. So maybe I'll go, and send a report, but not buy the deck. http://www.calacademy.org/events/nightlife/

And that will be easy, because no one needs a deck with Carl Sagan in it.

willoe

Debra said:
And the Science Tarot :rolleyes: has a suit of Bunsen Burners

Uh.. is it a problem that this fact makes me want it more?

I'm a total science nerd :p

Carl Sagen in tarot sounds kinda bad though... maybe not enough to de-enable, but enough to make me think twice.