De-Enabling Thread

Dusk Till Dawn

Yes, the browns and reds mix together so odly, that it really causes you to loose consiousness, and so you won't be able to read with it.

Aerin

Marina said:
You are absolutely right. I mean, someone should create a deck called "Cruel Faeries Deck". Or something like that. Would be nice. All those cruel, vindictive and manipulator faeries...

Oh no, i'm enabling myself on my own imaginary deck. Creepy!

It's OK. I found myself wanting a really Grimm fairy tale tarot this morning, with all the horror left in for once.

Luckily for our bank balance, not very commercial.

Debra

jackdaw* said:
Tell me why I don't need/want the Kunati Touchstone ... it's in the local shop, calling my name ...

1. It's like the Golden, which you already have, only less interesting.
2. Many people seem to be trading it away here, which tells us something...

Starshower

Can I handle the Haindl?

Hi. I've asked for enablement elsewhere, & note that only 1 person waxes enthusiastic (but he makes up for being the only one with sheer brilliance.)

Please could people de-enable me from the Haindl?
I'm scared of all the near-death initiatory experiences & deep, dark, painful, murky stuff I might have to trawl through, in mud, in the dusk, with my hands tied behind my back, before I'll be able to read with it & truly Know Myself.

Oops - have I just de-enabled myself? Lol.

Seriously though, I'm feeling its powerful pull ... have very little cash ... but feel it may be right for me now, after so many lovely, cheery, easy-reader decks. Can I / do I need to overcome this?

Rasa

Haindl

Well, Starshower, it's important to remember that when someone is in love, their perspective on the Other may be a tad biased.. From what I've seen, that person who was speaking enthusiastically about the Haindl appears to be doing so because they have a very -special- bond with it.. and thus, are not able to see its flaws clearly, as they are still in the honeymoon phase.

Here are just a few of the cold, hard truths:

-The artwork looks pale and muddy on most cards. A lot of grey and brown, and dreary blue.

-In addition to being really non-traditional in its approach, it has an incongruent feel to me, being as the suits are each themed towards a different culture. It seems a bit disjointed, the styles are too different. It also tries to combine too many different systems (iching, astrology, runes, mythology of very different cultures, Hebrew letters), making it overly complex. Good luck reading this one without reading the very long (2 volumes!) set.

-Some people might feel that the never-closing, never-sleeping eye on the back is always watching them.. creepy!

Starshower

Thanks v much for that, Rasa.

{"The artwork looks pale and muddy on most cards. A lot of grey and brown, and dreary blue".}

- sounds like my poor old boyfriend on a bad day - lol! ;)
Yes, I know about how being in love colours one's attitude. Isn't it wonderful?

The incongruity of the suites would befuddle me, I think ... too many disparate elements detract from the sense of the deck as an integrated, consistent Whole - mirror of life.
All those divination / worldview systems ... do they have anything to do with tarot, & can they really all mix deliciously together, like a well-balanced stew? Or would some tastes overpower others & the whole thing be just too much of a muchness & indigestible?

I THINK de-enabled-ly, but still feel I OUGHT to have it & dive right in ...
Worse - I WANT IT STILL! Am I sick?

Any more help gratefully received.

ilweran

Starshower said:
All those divination / worldview systems ... do they have anything to do with tarot, & can they really all mix deliciously together, like a well-balanced stew? Or would some tastes overpower others & the whole thing be just too much of a muchness & indigestible?

More to the point, do you want to study all those other systems so you can get the most out of this deck? I bought the deck, bought the books, have I ever read them (or with it)?? No.

If you were to dig deeper, I seem to recall that some people found the choices made incomprehensible.

gregory

And do you want those YELLOW EYES STARING AT YOU before you turn the cards over ?? You already KNOW it is sinister... :eek:

Starshower

Thanks, ilweran. I'm not sure how gripped I'd be with studying so many disparate systems. I think I would - I love discovering different world-views.

Hi gregory. All WHAT yellow eyes???!!! :eek:o:

gregory

The Haindl backs are SCARY BIG TIME. Big Yellow Eyes.... EVIL.... :eek: *hides under desk.*