The Dreams Of Gaia Tarot

Madrigal

On the fence with this one. It's hard to imagine working through a Tarot lens with this. It seems so much more like an Oracle with a progression of archetypes and a sub grouping of the elements being its only Tarot tethers. How does it read for folks?

Mariqueen

I happened to find this deck on amazon just browsing the other day and it caught my eye, I bought it on impulse and received it today and couldn't be more thrilled. The artwork is amazing and I love how the deck doesn't follow RWS at all and gives more of a challenge when reading. I love the imagery and the way this deck speaks to you. It's definitely more spiritual and witchy almost. I highly recommend owning a copy of this deck.

I only have one complaint, the cards I received, the edges were a bit warped and stuck together as if the guilding had almost sealed them together. It's not a big deal since once they get used the edges will smooth out and guilding will rub off, but I was disappointed by that getting them straight out if the box :(

conurelover

On the fence with this one. It's hard to imagine working through a Tarot lens with this. It seems so much more like an Oracle with a progression of archetypes and a sub grouping of the elements being its only Tarot tethers. How does it read for folks?

Well all cards we use to read are Oracles, are they not?

conurelover

I happened to find this deck on amazon just browsing the other day and it caught my eye, I bought it on impulse and received it today and couldn't be more thrilled. The artwork is amazing and I love how the deck doesn't follow RWS at all and gives more of a challenge when reading. I love the imagery and the way this deck speaks to you. It's definitely more spiritual and witchy almost. I highly recommend owning a copy of this deck.

I only have one complaint, the cards I received, the edges were a bit warped and stuck together as if the guilding had almost sealed them together. It's not a big deal since once they get used the edges will smooth out and guilding will rub off, but I was disappointed by that getting them straight out if the box :(

I just thought that was the humidity where I live. :(

MoonGypsy

That is a very common occurrence with out of the box gold or silver metallic/gilt edged decks. As long as the edges
are pried apart very carefully, there usually is no damage. Mine was like that, too...but they all turned out fine. :heart: It is such a gorgeous deck, and i am over the moon with the vibrant beauty, symbolism
and Ravynne's art. The book looks quite good, too. A very beautiful presentation on all levels.

Madrigal

Well all cards we use to read are Oracles, are they not?

Ultimately, yes, but I was using the term oracle the way it's used here, to differentiate it from the Tarot lens.

Luna's Crone

I just thought that was the humidity where I live. :(

i had a bunch stuck together but if bend the stuck cards like you are going shuffle them, they come apart with no difficulty and all my gilding is fine.

Luna's Crone

major arcana

I received two different XIV maj. self and faith. that was cool. with imaginative intuitive ability and reading the book first. I think as one works on it, will find it get easier to read. I was gonna place it in my collection, but now i think i may work on it over the winter to use for reading. The same with Chrysalis.

Tara

Numbers of cards do not fit with tarot

The images on these cards are stunning, I agree but I would see it as more of an oracle too for the simple reason that it does not follow the structure with numbers of tarot. Therefore, it does not have the added benefit and depth of tarot with numerology and astrology, or the tree of life for that matter.
Pity they did that For example, they have the hermit for the 10 - The Wheel and The Empress/Mother for no 4, instead of the Emperor. 4 does not fit with The Mother archetype.

Tara

Does anyone agree?

DaughterOfDanu

i had a bunch stuck together but if bend the stuck cards like you are going shuffle them, they come apart with no difficulty and all my gilding is fine.

I received two different XIV maj. self and faith. that was cool. with imaginative intuitive ability and reading the book first. I think as one works on it, will find it get easier to read. I was gonna place it in my collection, but now i think i may work on it over the winter to use for reading. The same with Chrysalis.

That's what I do with any deck that has gilded edges or heavy lamination. I take the deck and bend it gently back and forth which makes a bunch of crunching and cracking noises. From there I have no issue pulling cards apart.

Also if anyone does have an issue with the typo, they can contact Blue Angel for a replacement too. I may do that and keep the original as a bookmark :)

The images on these cards are stunning, I agree but I would see it as more of an oracle too for the simple reason that it does not follow the structure with numbers of tarot. Therefore, it does not have the added benefit and depth of tarot with numerology and astrology, or the tree of life for that matter.
Pity they did that For example, they have the hermit for the 10 - The Wheel and The Empress/Mother for no 4, instead of the Emperor. 4 does not fit with The Mother archetype.

Tara

Does anyone agree?

I've yet to do a reading with this deck, so I'm still on the fence about how I'll view it. It's very structured with incredible thought and planning put into each card, unlike many oracles, but it doesn't fit into the traditional tarot's framework. The majors are heavily restructured and the minors often don't correlate to their traditional meanings in an obvious way, though I pick up on a subtle undertone of those traditional meanings on quite a few.

I think it all comes down to personal opinion, because I'm typically much more lax on tarots that are altered perhaps because I find intuitive and pictoral styles of reading to be more attractive than focusing heavily on the cards traditional meanings and structure or things like astrology, numerology, etc. Yet I can see myself struggling with this if I approach it strictly like a tarot because when it comes to reading I often fall back on the cards traditional meaning first and then let my intuition and what I see in the card shape my interpretation during the reading.

I feel just as with anything that it's an evolving system. This deck still has Ace-Ten and Courts (although modified) yet the majors are completely reworked. So for now, I'm going to view it as a tarot, but one that does not fall within the three major categories that decks fall into (RWS, Thoth, Marseilles)