William Blake Tarot of the Creative Imagination

Akiwa

I was given this deck as a Christmas gift, and I am finding it interesting. Is anyone out there using it? And if so, how much do you adhere to Blake's cosmology as described in the book? I do not know that much about Blake, but find some of his underlying ideas very compelling, particularly the idea that we are redeemed by our creativity, and that we are all artists... I have long thought this. I find his associations with the elements challenging... I would have put the suit of painting in earth, for example, science I agree with in air, and music to me would be water, poetry would be fire. I realize these are the RWS associations, just having trouble making the leap to the Blake associations. I've not read the whole book yet, so maybe that will illumine things. I'd love to know what others think, and how they like this deck. Thanks, and Happy New Year!

rwcarter

I have two (both?) editions of the deck, but haven't tried to use it yet. There is a Study Group for the deck at William Blake Tarot. One of these days when I'm in the mood for and have time to wrap my head around a different system, I'll try my hand at the Blake tarot.

nisaba

I love this deck and I use it, but mostly by scrying into the images rather than having studied its system. I love how most of the cards refer back very closely to Blake's work: in many other decks, they are either a clumsy collage, or they are merely executed in that style. This is somewhat collaged, yes, but rather well.

RavenOfSummer

Hi all! Just trying to clarify my confusion on something...I was under the impression that the William Blake Tarot was OOP, but I just did a search and came up with this website where you can apparently buy the deck for $32 USD: http://www.blaketarot.com/Buy-Tarot-Cards-Online.html

Was I just confused/wrong about this being OOP? Has anyone purchased this deck recently?

CharlotteK

Hi all! Just trying to clarify my confusion on something...I was under the impression that the William Blake Tarot was OOP, but I just did a search and came up with this website where you can apparently buy the deck for $32 USD: http://www.blaketarot.com/Buy-Tarot-Cards-Online.html

Was I just confused/wrong about this being OOP? Has anyone purchased this deck recently?

Yes I bought a copy from Ed Buryn very recently, but it's the Revised William Blake Tarot not the original. It's a very interesting deck, I'm extremely pleased with it.

RavenOfSummer

Yes I bought a copy from Ed Buryn very recently, but it's the Revised William Blake Tarot not the original. It's a very interesting deck, I'm extremely pleased with it.

Oh thank you, that's so good to know! Do you know what the differences are between the original and the revised?

CharlotteK

The cards are wonderful representations of Blake's art, and the free downloadable pdf book available on Ed's website (www.blaketarot.com) is comprehensive on the cards and gives a lot of information about Blake's metaphysical philosophy and system. There's a handy crossrefencing of major and minor arcana with more traditionsal cards. It's a great package. I haven't worked with it very much as yet, but i get the cards just to look at them fairly often.

RavenOfSummer

The cards are wonderful representations of Blake's art, and the free downloadable pdf book available on Ed's website (www.blaketarot.com) is comprehensive on the cards and gives a lot of information about Blake's metaphysical philosophy and system. There's a handy crossrefencing of major and minor arcana with more traditionsal cards. It's a great package. I haven't worked with it very much as yet, but i get the cards just to look at them fairly often.

Thank you so much CharlotteK! That's great to know. Excited I found these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemia

It's a deck I don't use for readings (admittedly, I don't do many readings for myself anyway...) but I also love looking at them and just playing with them. Shuffling, sorting, getting lost in thought.... while moving them around on the table. They're wonderful, and I love Blake. This is a truly great deck with inner stringency, originality, and it's still tarot. And it's beautiful.