Which decks do you use in the winter?

delinfrey

Winter is coming soon and I am already planning for decks to use.
I am trying to do season-based deck choices this year and it has been working quite nicely.

For autumn, I try to use more "witchy, juicy" decks or darker, autumnal images. For this autumn, I have actually decided to try out oracles and do a lot of shadow work. For autumn decks (tarot) I will probably only use Archeon, Original RWS, Zombie, Deviant Moon, Steampunk, maybe Vampyres...

But what to use for winter? What are your winter favourites? I live in the Nordics, so the winter months are dark and snowy. I was thinking about:

Fountain
Dreaming Way
Hidden Realm
Golden Klimt

and maybe use the holiday season to learn Apokalypsis and Illuminati?

Do you have any suggestions or thoughts on your favourites?

AnemoneRosie

I second Fountain.
I'd also go with Wild Unknown, for myself. And my Gratitude Tarot because many of the images are of spring and mid-summer, so that I can remember that it won't be winter forever (it's hard for me to remember that in mid-winter).
And also Tarot Noir because I often don't want my pips to have scenery on them.

Sigrdrifa

Another +1 for Fountain and Wild Unknown. I'd like to add Hudes and Anna K. Also Sacred Rose: those sparkly stars give the feeling of midwinter magic.

Le Fanu

Bohemian Gothic, Silver & otherwise
Dark Grimoire
Greenwood
Golden Tarot of the Tsars

delizt

Winter go- to deck for me is the Golden by Kat Black

Terrapin

Winter Decks

Haindl
Crow's Magic
Original RWS
Marseille Madenie
Linestrider
Pagan Otherworlds (now that it's published!)

And yes, the Hudes! What was I thinking when I sent it away 3 or 4 years ago and now I really miss it; alas, it's OOP and way expensive. ): Need it back in my life.

Libra 58

I use the same deck for a year, so at New Year I will change deck. Don't know yet witch one it will be.

RiverRunsDeep

I L-O-V-E choosing decks on a seasonal basis! :)

My faves for winter:

A Christmas Tarot: a Game Crafter deck that looks like a collection of Victorian Christmas cards. So lovely!

Deep Crystal Illuminated Tarot: by Carol Herzer. A RWS clone in shades of blue. It reminds me of snow, ice, and cold, wintry days.

Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot: the children, the toys, the candy, and the creepiness are like a haunted winter holiday. Plus, the card backs remind me of ivy and winter berries.

Golden Tarot of the Tsar: luscious shades of red and gold, hints of frankincense and myrrh, somewhat church-y in a nostalgic and benign way. Not sure why, but I do associate this with winter

Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg: again, not sure why. Just "feels" dark, cold, and wintry with splashes of jewel-like, stained glass color.

I enjoyed reading everyone else's selections.

Nickigirl

I think Linestrider would be great! I don't have Fountain (YET!) but that seems wintery to me too.

delinfrey

Linestrider would be wonderful. Sitting in my garden in the deep snow in front of the fireplace - the cards would look fabulous laid out on the snow!!! Probably will order in November.

Wild Unknown, maybe I will take it out again. I love the deck, but for some reason the whole brand cult and commericalism around it has made me eel uncomfortable using it.

Ordered Dreaming Way + lenny yesterday, so probably will be using that as well.

I was actually thinking about the Ceccoli as well. I have it, and it truly is haunting - maybe good for some inner child work (got to order the oracle as well, heh...)

But will definitely be using the Fountain then, under some Nordic Lights eheee...