The THIRD ED DANILOFF is coming! EEEHAAA

rwcarter

Moderator Note

A second thread about this topic has been merged with an earlier thread.

Padma

I could be persuaded . . . I've always liked the look of it.

It's a freaking awesome reading deck, with a very interesting voice. Don't hesitate! I have the first ed and despite the flimsy cardstock...ooooo! I wasn't sure, till I owned it. Then I fell in love with the voice of it. Reads like a dream! Deep, and yet with a play of subtle irony to it. It has a definite sense of humour. And dead accurate.

That is, if decks had a personality. ;)

prudence

It's a freaking awesome reading deck, with a very interesting voice. Don't hesitate! I have the first ed and despite the flimsy cardstock...ooooo! I wasn't sure, till I owned it. Then I fell in love with the voice of it. Reads like a dream! Deep, and yet with a play of subtle irony to it. It has a definite sense of humour. And dead accurate.

That is, if decks had a personality. ;)

I agree with every word. Also, the facial expressions are so meaningful in readings. Love that queen of swords.

Nica

Well, there goes my plan to save up and pause tarot purchases.

I have both 1st and 2nd edition of this deck, and love the idea of it coming in a smaller scale.

If somebody could please photograph it side by side with either of the previous editions, I would really appreciate it.

prudence

Well, there goes my plan to save up and pause tarot purchases.

I have both 1st and 2nd edition of this deck, and love the idea of it coming in a smaller scale.

If somebody could please photograph it side by side with either of the previous editions, I would really appreciate it.

Yes, I'd like to see this as well. I've got both editions too, and I'm really loving the new backs. Oh and in case anyone wants to know, I keep my Daniloff decks in iPhone boxes, they fit perfectly inside and iPhone boxes are so super protective, I can throw the deck into any bag without a worry. It's like the boxes were made for the deck. The fit is that perfect.

Shade

A second thread about this topic has been merged with an earlier thread.

My apologies, I did a search but didn't see one. Perhaps a spelling error on my part.

Tippyjane

Exciting news! I just wrote him to order. I've wanted this deck for so long.

Nemia

I have the second edition and LOVE it. Daniloff is a great artist and the cards look like the love child of a Carolingian abbess Ada* and Reformation painter Lucas Cranach, with a very good idea of the 21th century's mentality. The figures look fully aware of being watched by us and full of secrets they want to keep from us - but we want to decipher them.

Yes, if there ever was a deck asking to be anthropomorphized it's this one. The use of colour is wonderful, the compositions are sophisticated variations of medieval illuminations or apsis paintings, oh, it's a wonderful deck. I don't read with it often but I look at this deck often, and its majors are ideal for affirmation work.

* patroness of the Ada School of book illumination

Padma

Wow! The Ada school of book illustrations link you provided very much shows the influence in his art, Nemia! Thanks for posting that :)

greatdane

Thanks for all the comments! I hope Alexander pops in here with more info!

And SHADE, thanks for those pix!