Zayin is letter 7 and Samekh is letter 15:
http://www.ancientscripts.com/hebrew.html

Hebrew is based entirely on Phoenician letters:
http://www.ancientscripts.com/phoenician.html

Zayin and Samekh are Gemini and Sagittarius:
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~cemulshi/simple.html

In Gemini and Sagittarius are the Nodal exaltations:
http://www.astrologycom.com/exalt.html

The Dragon's Head (north lunar node aka Rahu)
and Dragon's Tail (south lunar node aka Ketu)
are traditional power points in the horoscope.

In astrology, the Moon's Nodes are not planets in the strict
astronomical sense, but rather sensitive points on the ecliptic,
where the Moon crosses from north to south latitude and
vice versa. The body of the "energy dragon" is the fourth-
dimensional path of the Moon by declination, as she
weaves her web around the earth.
http://www.astrologycom.com/nodes.html

You won't read this in Tarot books, but you may write it.

rcb30872

Thirteen said:
Balance has been taken care of. Direction, getting where you're going, is the trick.
Thanks autumn star

That makes more sense than the balancing thing.

So in summary, in a round about way that what has been said, like one part of you wants to do this, but another part wants to do something else. In a way, it is like that say there is a particular thing that you come across and for some reason why you don't seem to be able to make a decision because a part of you wants to do it and the other part doesn't even want to know about it!

Also, would it be a question of deciding whether to do something because it is expected of you or doing something that is quite out of the ordinary, and some people may be shocked or upset about you doing this particular thing.

Another idea, would it be in association with something that you really want to do, but then you have the feeling of self-doubt, fear or whatever, which may be stopping you from doing it. But then you decide to do it regardless of these niggling doubts and whatever else. Or perhaps, then the fact of not knowing what the outcome is, for instance you may decide that you may really dislike your job and you want to try something else, do you go ahead and do the new thing regardless of the risks? or do you stick to the old?

Please let me know if I am at least on the right track!

Bec

kwaw

The number 7 is attributed to the Moon and to the Goddess Minerva [Agrippa 'Occult Philosophy' Vol. II, chap.XX]. Minerva, the Goddess of practical wisdom, sprang fully armed from the head of Zeus, ready to do battle. According to Plato Wisdom is the charioteer of the virtues, and he attributed it to the reasoning aspect of the tripartite soul, with the spirited and appetitive aspects of the soul providing the horse power, under her reigns [one of the titles of Minerva was 'the bridler', it was she it is said who broke in and bridled the winged horse Pegasus]. St. Aquinas, following St. Augustine, changed reason to will. You may note that the gender of the charioteer in the TdM is somewhat ambiguous, in some [dodal?] the figure is clearly breasted; in the early painted decks she is clearly a woman; and I would suggest in line with the symbolism of the number 7, represents the somewhat androgymous, manlike Goddess Minerva. She is called the Goddess of practical wisdom because wisdom or knowledge for its own sake is worth little if one fails to act upon it. Following this line of symbolism then the card would indicate the will power to act upon a course that you know is the right one. Failure to act is not a choice or decision, it is a failure to use divinely given free will, leaving one enslaved to desires of the appetitive and passionate aspects of the soul, which will lead hither and thither and get you no where.

Kwaw

rcb30872

Thanks kwaw

I must admit you completely lost me at the beginning. But the end bit makes a load of sense. Thanks for your help.

Bec

Fulgour

more better greek

kwaw said:
St. Aquinas, following St. Augustine, changed reason to will.
The Dragon's Head (North Node):
Aspects to the North Node concern or affect relationships to prevailing trends, attitudes and opportunities. The Dragon's Head represents your karmic objectives in this lifetime. It points the way towards soul growth and evolution. The sign holding your Dragon's Head reveals the flavour of your karma in this lifetime, while its house placement shows the area of life in which you need to develop, or become conscious of this karma. GBH

Rosanne

Fulgour said:
The Dragon's Head represents your karmic objectives in this lifetime. It points the way towards soul growth and evolution. The sign holding your Dragon's Head reveals the flavour of your karma in this lifetime, while its house placement shows the area of life in which you need to develop, or become conscious of this karma. GBH

The Chariot=The dragons Head=Zayin= No. 7 =Gemini = North Lunar Node aka Rahu Am I right so far? If I am how do I find where the Chariot is in my Horoscope? and where is my Devil? I tried to find out this in my New 'Parkers Astrology' and I am completly bamboozled :confused: ~Rosanne
PS. Loved your post Kwaw!!!!

Fulgour

The Lunar Nodes move very slowly and so may be located
fairly accurately just by year, each always opposite from
the other. But they are shadow planets, sites of eclipses,
and in the Tarot Majors the "astrology" is divine, sacred.

autumn star

rcb30872 said:
Thanks autumn star

That makes more sense than the balancing thing.

So in summary, in a round about way that what has been said, like one part of you wants to do this, but another part wants to do something else. In a way, it is like that say there is a particular thing that you come across and for some reason why you don't seem to be able to make a decision because a part of you wants to do it and the other part doesn't even want to know about it!

Also, would it be a question of deciding whether to do something because it is expected of you or doing something that is quite out of the ordinary, and some people may be shocked or upset about you doing this particular thing.

Another idea, would it be in association with something that you really want to do, but then you have the feeling of self-doubt, fear or whatever, which may be stopping you from doing it. But then you decide to do it regardless of these niggling doubts and whatever else. Or perhaps, then the fact of not knowing what the outcome is, for instance you may decide that you may really dislike your job and you want to try something else, do you go ahead and do the new thing regardless of the risks? or do you stick to the old?

Please let me know if I am at least on the right track!

Bec

Hi ...

I think that you are getting there ... for example, if you felt pulled in opposite directions about something ... you doubted yourself, but you still wanted go ahead and do something ... then you would have to control those thoughts, and make them work together, and then you could move forward with what you wanted.
hope that makes sense :)

Thirteen

rcb30872 said:
it is like that say there is a particular thing that you come across and for some reason why you don't seem to be able to make a decision because a part of you wants to do it and the other part doesn't even want to know about it!
That's not quite it. It's not a matter of saying, "I've come across this new mp3 player. A part of me wants to buy it, and another part of me doesnt--"

No. That's not it. Both parts WANT the same thing. It's HOW to get there that's causing trouble. And the split is between two different parts of you. Like between your head and your heart--or head and body. This is far more like a teenage boy seeing a beautiful girl. He wants her, no question. His head says, "Play it cool, don't come on too strong..." but his body is saying, "Jump her! Jump her now! Don't let her get away!" ;)

Our boy has to gather up the reins there and say, "I'm going to pay attention to her and treat her like a gentleman...and that way we ALL will get what we want." THIS is what you have to remember with the Chariot. That however much those beasts are pulling each in their own direction, there is a part of you that KNOWS how to get there, successfully--if everyone pulls in the same direction.

Or perhaps, then the fact of not knowing what the outcome is, for instance you may decide that you may really dislike your job and you want to try something else, do you go ahead and do the new thing regardless of the risks? or do you stick to the old?
It's not a matter of not knowing the outcome. That's the frustration that the Chariot card brings. The Chariot is a very confident card. I mean, think about what it must have been like being a chariot driver. You step into this cart drawn by two horses at breakneck speed into the heart of a battle with arrows flying--and you're going to come up along side someone and try to defeat them in battle while driving this thing. Re-watch the chariot sequence in Ben-Hur. This is not for the faint of heart! This takes the confidence of daredevil! Of an extreme sports fantatic.

So, no, it's not about fears or doubts or uncertainty. You have absolute confidence in your ability and the outcome. You're going to be riding high on adrenaline as you tackle this problem--headlong into battle, get out of my way or get trampled! That's the problem. Your confidence and aggression may lead you to run over people in order to succeed. Thinking that "the end justifies the means" is the danger in the Chariot.

And the biggest warning of the Chariot: Don't ever think that winning is the be-all and end all. You don't win a war and then everyone goes home--you win a war and then you have to deal with the country you conquored. Similarly, you may get what you want--win that new job--but now you have to keep it. Once you get where you're going...what will you do? Victory is just the beginning.

rcb30872

Thanks Thirteen

I appreciate you saying what you have said, but part of me is going "Am I ever going to understand The Chariot?"

Bec