The Wild Unknown Tarot - Son of Wands

Sulis

An upright, black stick or wand stands vertically in the centre of the image and next to it and weaving himself around it is the Son or Wands; a pale coloured snake. His head is just below the the uppermost tip of the wand, he's facing towards the right and his tongue is sticking out a little bit, tasting the air... To me, he looks as if he's looking at something quite intently and standing upright, maybe about to strike.
Just above his head, a burst of golden coloured energy bursts from the wand's tip, lighting the top of the card with a yellow / orange sunburst effect. The colour fades towards the base of the image.

So sons in this deck are knights in more traditional tarot imagery and for me that means that they are ruled by the energy of fire so this guy is Fire of Fire...
Knights, corresponding with fire are all about movement, energy, change, transformation and action and the Wand Knight (or Son) is the most active of them all.
This is an immature energy, I like to think of the knights or sons as being almost an adult energy so somewhere around teenage level.. They often think that they are masters of their particular element but in reality they're not.
Like all fiery types this person can have a short attention span, he or she needs input to keep him interested in something, he starts things with great gusto but he can get easily bored and will quickly move onto the next interesting or exciting thing, person or project. He may not always finish what he starts if something 'better' comes along.
He is charming, a leader and so is very sociable... Think popular kid in high school with a big social circle but maybe he or she is a bit of a drama queen; they need to be kept interested so drama often seems to follow them around. This person can be quite hot headed with a temper (that fire energy again ;)) but he'll flare up then be fine a little while later - I can't really see a Wands type personality holding a grudge.
Wands court cards are ambitious, they know what they want and are focused enough to go and get it but the Son of Wands hasn't quite got that focus yet and is more likely to know what he wants and be prepared to go and get it as long as it holds his interest.
He can be quite fickle.
In romantic or love readings, I don't think this person is ready for a long term romance and he could signify a one night stand, a quick burst of lust and passion but with nothing really to base something long term on.. As a person, he can be a bit of a 'player', his own enjoyment being his priority and so he can be selfish.

As a situation, this card can represent something that changes fast or something that needs constant input to keep it going (fire needs to be stoked or it will go out).

Attachments

• Son of Wands.jpg
    Son of Wands.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3,300

Water Lady

I just got this deck and the first shuffle through, I thought what are all these snakes for????
so your links are very welcome.
after reading it and looking at the son of wands, my first thought was..."I am here and I am ready" but of course it is bravado...immature energy,

Sulis

I pulled this card in a reading the other day and it struck me how much like a firework or the background looks and that seemed very appropriate for this Son / Knight - something that burns brightly and ferociously but fizzles out very quickly. I think this guy is like that, filled with burning enthusiasm until the next exciting thing comes along.

Ace of Stars

I did a reading recently and in the "nurture this" position I got the 8 of Wands, and in the "let go of this" position I got the Son of Wands.

In my head the 8 and Son (Knight) of Wands are quite similar -- speed, momentum, motivation -- so I was a bit baffled by this reading at first.

But then I looked at the cards -- in the 8, the Wands are all converging towards a central point, being struck by lightning. In the Son, the energy of the wand seems to be spreading outward. So I got the message: focus my energy, stop spreading myself so thin. I was struck by how evocative the images were -- how much Kim says with the lines in the cards.

Sulis

I did a reading recently and in the "nurture this" position I got the 8 of Wands, and in the "let go of this" position I got the Son of Wands.

In my head the 8 and Son (Knight) of Wands are quite similar -- speed, momentum, motivation -- so I was a bit baffled by this reading at first.

But then I looked at the cards -- in the 8, the Wands are all converging towards a central point, being struck by lightning. In the Son, the energy of the wand seems to be spreading outward. So I got the message: focus my energy, stop spreading myself so thin. I was struck by how evocative the images were -- how much Kim says with the lines in the cards.

I can completely see what you're saying here and I love the way you've compared these 2 cards.. This is what I love about this deck, in a reading small things like the way the lines are going really have meaning.
And yes, the Knight of Wands is a very outgoing type so the lines radiating outwards make sense in that way too.
And the lines converging to a point in the 8 of Wands - I like that too :).