Legend of Zelda Spread-The Six Temples

DanThorpe

Ok so i im not sure how many people are familiar with the Legend of Zelda series.
But i am a big fan, and when i found a LOZ tarot deck on Etsy i just had to get it.
Feeling inspired by the deck i set out to create a custom spread specifically for that deck although i have found it can be informative on any deck.

The spread takes place on the Adult half of the Legend of Zelda-Ocarina of Time.
where the protagonists quest is to go to each of the temples. Light-Forest-Fire-Water-Spirit and Shadow and defeat the darkness within but ultimately growing from being a child who has then accepted his destiny who must emotionally and spiritually grow if he is to save the land of Hyrule.

The spread is read in a clockwise manner from the top card (Light) All the way to the purple card(Shadow) At the top left before retuning to Light again.

I have attributed the first 4 temples to the Minor Arcana suits with Spirit and Shadow separate. There is a full description on the screenshots below of each Temple-What Tarot association-Legend of Tarot association and the Elemental Association.
This Spread is designed for when you need to see things that are not sugar coated.
Think of each temple as a step to development and understanding, If you take the lessons from each temple then you will leave this quest fulfilled.

6Temples%20Spread%20Fire%20to%20Shadow_zpsspyk50dk.jpg
[/URL]

spiritofjosh

I love this! Especially the water temple position being about "reflections" because the water temple was definitely hardest and shadow Link was definitely memorable.

winemermaid

Ok so i im not sure how many people are familiar with the Legend of Zelda series.
But i am a big fan, and when i found a LOZ tarot deck on Etsy i just had to get it.
Feeling inspired by the deck i set out to create a custom spread specifically for that deck although i have found it can be informative on any deck.

The spread takes place on the Adult half of the Legend of Zelda-Ocarina of Time.
where the protagonists quest is to go to each of the temples. Light-Forest-Fire-Water-Spirit and Shadow and defeat the darkness within but ultimately growing from being a child who has then accepted his destiny who must emotionally and spiritually grow if he is to save the land of Hyrule.

The spread is read in a clockwise manner from the top card (Light) All the way to the purple card(Shadow) At the top left before retuning to Light again.

I have attributed the first 4 temples to the Minor Arcana suits with Spirit and Shadow separate. There is a full description on the screenshots below of each Temple-What Tarot association-Legend of Tarot association and the Elemental Association.
This Spread is designed for when you need to see things that are not sugar coated.
Think of each temple as a step to development and understanding, If you take the lessons from each temple then you will leave this quest fulfilled.

Holy cow, this is AMAZING! I'm going to have to show my hubby when he gets home and maybe he'll let me do a reading using this spread! Thanks for sharing, it is beautifully thought out. Looking forward to testing this spread out! :)

Teyata

DanThorpe,

I LOVE this idea! What a great concept! It's great how you have the descriptions color-coded and included attributions that work for The Legend of Tarot deck and other decks: whether you see Wands as Fire and Swords as Air or vice versa. Sometimes I like to think of my personal development and Fool's Journey as a sort of RPG quest. It keeps me motivated!

giustizia

What a wonderful idea! Ocarina of Time is my partner's favorite video game, so I'll definitely be trying this out as well. Thank you so much! :)

DanThorpe

I was just wondering of anyone has had any results since i posted this spread =]