Flonz Victorian Lenormand

strings of life

baylys, I'm now following this thread. You have piqued my interest and I want these in my hands! They are similar to an idea I'm flirting around with (but not exact). It's funny how the creation of a deck happens. When you want something specific that is there already, create it.

My favorite so far is the black stamped image with the sepia calligraphy on a white paper.

You could play with aging (tea staining, the ink pads recommended already). The ink borders are intriguing too. What about several versions and people could mix and match if they like? Meaning, different styles of decks for purchase. People can mix around after the are the owners.

There would be no guess work with these: Tree is tree, child is child. A must for me with Lenormand.

Great job! I hope this becomes a real deck!

ETA: That tree may be my favorite Lenormand tree ever! The image won't leave my head :D.

Lovely! I prefer the black stamp with sepia writing. You'll give the Postmark a run for it's money!
I thought of the Postmark as well. That's the creme de la creme for me when it comes to Lenormands. Simple, direct imagery.

Are you hand-lettering these?
I have the same question since it looks like real lettering.

Chronata

Wow...these are quite nice!
Really like the simple victorian images.

I also think the black ink looks better than the brown. (I like it on the cream paper), and actually makes the image appear older.

The sepia looks a little too "bright" a color, and is not quite the color a real old or distressed card might become.
You need something between those two colors...like a Burnt Umber...a darker brown.

Still, the black looks nice, with the brown calligraphy.

I look forward to seeing more images.

kalliope

Oh, I'm a fan! I love minimalist Lenormands, and you've chosen great stamps. I especially like the Tree and the Lady.

I definitely prefer the black ink images. I agree with Chronata that a slightly darker, brownish-black ink would be nice for the lettering. Either the white or cream paper works for me. Tea-stained edges would be nice if they were rather subtle. I suppose you could stain the whole card, too, if it produced a nice effect.

I look forward to seeing more!

gregory

Definitely the black with sepia script. And not that sepia border in the first post.

Either card colour works for me.

baylys

You guys are awesome. Black it is!

I knew there was a way of doing the edges that wasn't ink. I'll have a play with some tea-bags today.

Yes the lettering is all hand-written. I have been unable to find the size and style of alphabet that I wanted, unless I spend about $30 getting it from the US. Quicker and easier to write it myself. I will go to the craft shop today and look at other ink colours for a darker one.

I am going to put small playing card references in the like a K with a small heart. Only about as big as the numbers. I'm just waiting for payday to buy that set of stamps.

I may have to become a line drawing artist as when there are images he doesn't have, he will happily make them for me, but it has to be X size, the lines have to be clear etc, etc. I am also trying to contact people that own the images to get permission to turn them into stamps. I want to do this RIGHT!!!

Thanks for the support, it's going to be fun.

Laura Borealis

I love the hand-written lettering. :thumbsup:

Calligraphy fonts never look right to me - there is no variation in the letterforms.

baylys

I love the hand-written lettering. :thumbsup:

Calligraphy fonts never look right too me - there is no variation in the letterforms.

Oh, there will be plenty of variation here, believe me! My hand was cramping up last night as I wrote the Lady so I had to write quick before my hand fully seized.

rylla

These are GREAT!

For me is sepia with black as well. Love the handwritting. It makes such a difference!Looking forward to see this deck coming alive! It's very exciting.

baylys

I tried tea-bagging the cream card I have and it came out PERFECT!!!!

I also tried using black ink lettering instead of sepia.

I put in the card refrences (the suits will be stamped, but I'm too impatient to wait to buy the set).

Excuse any blurriness in the writing, I didn't wait for the card to dry.

What do you think?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361937328.857709.jpg

baylys

Card comparisons

Tea-bagged card once vs nothing
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361938211.490602.jpg

Tea-bagged twice vs nothing
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361938231.722526.jpg

Tea-bagged thrice vs nothing
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361938264.320936.jpg

Personally I think once is enough. Just enough to take the edge off the starkness of the cream but three times looks like it had a bad session in the tanning booth.