Oracles Weekly Focus: July 12th

DragonFae

This weeks focus is an effort to engage different "senses" while working with the oracle cards. Sometimes while focusing on our other senses we get "outside" our head and more in touch with our intuitive self.

Here are a couple things you can try:

1. Find a relaxing CD...classical music, celtic music, nature sounds, what ever appeals to you....not something you would sing along to but something to meditate to. Pick a deck and also a pencil or colored pencils and paper. Concentrate on the music and relax your mind before drawing a card. Place the card FACE DOWN....and then focusing on the card create a sketch, desing, picture, pattern.....what ever comes to mind....Take your time, muse as you sketch, perhaps including any words that pop into your mind in the drawing....At the end look at the card and the sketch side by side....how are they alike, different, what are they "saying" to you. (engages the sense of listening and touch)

2. Using incense, candles, essential oils or your favorite aroma therapy....surround yourself with a pleasant relaxing aroma. Close your eyes and let your sense of smell be engaged. Now using the deck of your choice shuffle the cards and deal three cards face down. Again pause close your eyes and simply enjoy the scent. Flip each card over and spend a few minutes examining each one. Jot down any words or ideas that come to mind for each card. (Engages the sense of smell)

Feel free to post additional ideas for this week...the purpose of engaging the senses is to "trick" the mind out of THINKING...leaving it open.......and thus open yourself to more intuitive readings.

emmsma

I've often used incense and have an essential oil I've recently started using with my cards.

You have a lovely mind. Always coming up with good ideas to help us connect more with our cards.

oak_woman

I'm very much drawn to these ideas. For the past few weeks I just haven't had time to commit to a daily exercise but I'm determined to try this one, even though part of the week has gone now.

And I know where to find the other weeks' exercises again if I want to go back and work with them in the future.

Thank you, Dragonfae. Your hard work hasn't gone unnoticed :) :heart: