General Oracles Study Group #16

DragonFae

I created some Tarot/Oracle pages to use in my journal and-- in doing so thought they might be the basis for this week's activity.

These are the components of the journaling page:

Deck:____________________________________

Card:____________________________________

Short Meaning:____________________________

Life Experience Reminder:________________________________

My personal message:___________________________________

This reminds me of ____________________card from_______________________
because_____________________________________________________________

Question for this card:_________________________________________________

You can do this activity once, twice or everyday this week. I'll start by doing an example below. Please join in anyone who wishes...... :) :)

DragonFae

The Deck: Wisdom from the Hidden Realms

Card: Sun Dancers

Short Meaning: joyful activity, celebration, abundance

Life Experience Reminder: Dance while you can, when the sun is shining because you have no idea what is around the corner. Live fully. Reminds me of when people find out they have a terminal illness and the movie the Bucket List.

My Personal Message: Be light hearted like this faery-let yourself rise above the cares of life, dance on the air. (ie Stop worrying so much about things you cannot change.)

This reminds me of The Green Woman from the Faeries Oracle. because "The Green Woman dances naked in the moonlight, and in the sunlight, and in the shadows as well."

Question for this Card: How does one "let go" of cares and start the dance?

2dogs

I've been doing the bit on linking to cards in other decks by picking a card representing calmness and peace of mind from one deck then looking for corresponding cards. The Oracle decks have been generally clearer than the Tarots, which mix in other ideas. In this deck the Resting Tree felt the nearest.

Your question for the Sun Dancers is also relevant. I was wondering about meditating on sequences of cards leading from one showing my current position to one where I wanted to go. Some similar cards that might lead to the Sun Dancers could be the Phoenix, the Lady of Lightning, the Spiral Dancer. You could find a card for where you are now and try to find some moving in the right direction e.g. looking at the wings, starting from the Prison Waif you could go to the Eyes of Beauty, the Sun Dancers. Maybe the Resting Tree is in there too. Using multiple decks would give more possibilities - there are a few cards in this deck that could show a negative starting position but the Tarots in particular have a lot of real downers ;)

Kathy123

Is this weekly general study group still going on? I see that this post is about 3 weeks old, but I don't see a higher number on the main forum (week #16)???

DragonFae

Kathy....I usually do the post and have had a computer issue which took a while to resolve and right now I'm off on a short vacation....I hope to start getting additional weekly ideas for studying up again starting next week. Thanks for your interest...I hope you'll join us on some of the activities! :)

Kathy123

Thank you so much for the reply, enjoy your vacation and I look forward to upcoming study groups :)

Wispy

Hello,

I see that this study group has been going for awhile. Would it be okay if I jumped in, or should I wait for the next one? I have the Oracle of Light and Shadows deck.

DragonFae

Please do....I have not been posting weekly threads lately but please find the older threads and jump in....perhaps it will get the convo going again.