Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Pierre Madenié Tarot Facsimile is launched

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Marseilles & Other Early Decks


 
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory's Avatar

I just wonder if Yves' account thinks it can only accept cash-based payments. Because I just paid Sulis with my credit card and also baby_dream earlier - no problems at all.

I love the idea of sweet innocent Sulis being the official AT mule...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #41
Sulis's Avatar
Sulis  Sulis is offline
believer in magic
 
Join Date: 03 Feb 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 23,197
Sulis 
believer in magic

Sulis's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post

I love the idea of sweet innocent Sulis being the official AT mule...
EEeeee-Awwwww (that's my best mule impersonation ).

I have some Paypal balance so I really don't mind at all .
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #42
Annabelle's Avatar
Annabelle  Annabelle is offline
Seeking wisdom, peace, and solitude
 
Join Date: 16 Jan 2005
Location: In the piney woods of East Texas, USA
Posts: 9,751
Annabelle 
Seeking wisdom, peace, and solitude

Annabelle's Avatar

My PayPal payment just went through fine with no error messages. But then, I have my account hooked up to pull directly from my bank account, not through a credit card. Perhaps that is the difference?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #43
Flaxen's Avatar
Flaxen  Flaxen is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 03 Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,198
Flaxen 
Resident

Flaxen's Avatar

Mine didn't go through and my account is linked to my credit card.

Probably a blessing in disguise...I'll wait until I can really afford it and hopefully the glitch will be sorted.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #44
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
My PayPal payment just went through fine with no error messages. But then, I have my account hooked up to pull directly from my bank account, not through a credit card. Perhaps that is the difference?
That's what I suspect, as bank accounts are sort of cash based. Mine kept asking me to add funds. SHAN'T ! I will not let them have access to my bank account. They don't LIKE it, but.... when I signed up they didn't make you let them, I believe they do now ?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #45
Sulis's Avatar
Sulis  Sulis is offline
believer in magic
 
Join Date: 03 Feb 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 23,197
Sulis 
believer in magic

Sulis's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulis View Post
Would you like me to order one for you too and I can get Yves to post it straight to you?

I'm using Paypal balance... Isn't it weird that some people are having problems with the Paypal button but others aren't???
Done ..

So Yves you should have three orders from me - one's for me, one's for Gregory and one's for Le Fanu - I've PMed you with gregory's and Le Fanu's addresses.

Phew .
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #46
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar

With special thanks to Sulis. I have been able to pay her but not Yves. Odd.

So in theory, mine should be on the way tomorrow. Oh bliss. Can we expect all those fabulous decks on the site to one day be reissued as facsimilies? That would be incredible...

(never happier than when an unfamiliar historical deck is on the way.)
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #47
Yves Le Marseillais  Yves Le Marseillais is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 20 Oct 2007
Location: MARSEILLE FRANCE OLD €UROPE
Posts: 575
Yves Le Marseillais 
Citizen
Cool On the road again...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
With special thanks to Sulis. I have been able to pay her but not Yves. Odd.

So in theory, mine should be on the way tomorrow. Oh bliss. Can we expect all those fabulous decks on the site to one day be reissued as facsimilies? That would be incredible...

(never happier than when an unfamiliar historical deck is on the way.)
Hello Le Fanu,

Thanks to Sulis dedication, your deck like others will start his journey tomorrow morning.... after it had a strong coffee hé hé !

Regarding other decks to be reissued as facsimiles, bear in mind that next one already booked is François Chosson in full priority.

After, all will depends from negotiations still running.
But be sure that I have many decks targeted even if I don't want to become a factory or an ordinary publisher.

I just want to:
Sensibilise Tarot amatores to Tarot of Marseilles Pattern.
Help Collectioners to enrich their collection with really well made facsimiles.
Help Marseilles's people to rediscover one part of their roots.

Tarots selected or to be selected could either be from Marseilles or from other cites and or country close to France.

Somebody for exemple on this thread just suggested me Pierre Cheminade's deck dated 1742.
I just would like to see some pictures of it if anybody is aware of it.

Curiously another cardmaker with exact name and surname is mentioned in Marseilles in spite the other one is from Grenoble.

I have to put my Sherlock Holmes hat and start inquiring...

Best

Yves LM
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #48
Rasa's Avatar
Rasa  Rasa is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 15 Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,125
Rasa 
Citizen

Rasa's Avatar

I told my husband about this deck, and he said, "don't you have enough Marseilles decks?"
I told him that I didn't, and that this one looks special.
So he offered to give me the money to buy it as an anniversary present (we will have been married 2 years on Thursday)!

I just ordered it through the website, and I can't wait to receive it!

I like how the lines and blocks of colour are so sharp and clean.. It's a lovely contrast to my Dodal. I will have fun comparing the images to the Conver, too.

I also appreciate what looks like good attention to production details... the paper wrapping looks like it will be beautiful, and I always like boxes with lift off tops rather than those with flaps that just tear and fall off.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #49
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves Le Marseillais View Post
Hello Le Fanu,

Thanks to Sulis dedication, your deck like others will start his journey tomorrow morning.... after it had a strong coffee hé hé !

Regarding other decks to be reissued as facsimiles, bear in mind that next one already booked is François Chosson in full priority.

After, all will depends from negotiations still running.
But be sure that I have many decks targeted even if I don't want to become a factory or an ordinary publisher.

I just want to:
Sensibilise Tarot amatores to Tarot of Marseilles Pattern.
Help Collectioners to enrich their collection with really well made facsimiles.
Help Marseilles's people to rediscover one part of their roots.
Well you know you have a loyal follower in me...I shall be watching your every movement very carefully
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #50


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.