"Give Your Deck a Chance to Speak" Spread

Enlightenment23

Hey guys :grin:

So here's a fun spread I've created.

It's the Give Your Deck a Chance to Speak spread.

I wondered how my deck felt about my reading habits so, I decided to ask it these fun questions:

1. What types of questions do I ask you too much about?
2. What types of questions do I ask you too little about?
3. What question in particular are you dying for me to ask about, but I haven't gotten around to it (this card should represent the "theme" of surrounding your question)
4. Tell me what you hate the most about how I read.
5. What can I do to counteract this?
6. Finally, how can we strengthen our relationship so I can have more resonant readings?

Sample Spread

1. What types of questions do I ask you too much about? High Priestess

I tend to ask questions I already know the answer to deep down inside. For example, "What are my feelings for X?" This is mainly for practice purposes -- there's no better way to get to understand tarot than pulling cards on your own feelings about someone or something if you ask me :)

2. What types of questions do I ask you too little about? 8 of Pentacles Reversed

My dissatisfaction with my career perhaps. Which is funny because I thought I asked about this way too much. Good to know my deck isn't tired of it yet :)

3. What question in particular are you dying for me to ask about, but I haven't gotten around to it** (this card should represent the "theme" of surrounding your question) Queen of Swords (Lovers Rx)

I push people away when it comes to my romantic life and I couldn't be arsed to get into a serious relationship at the moment, but I think my deck wants me to explore that and maybe find the root of this issue.

4. Tell me what you hate the most about how I read. Justice

I am a very analytical, logical, decisive reader. I am not biased and I try to set my emotions aside when I read. But it seems to me that this is an issue for my deck. Who woulda thought?! Haha

5. What can I do to counteract this? 2 of Swords

Aah okay. Justice and 2 of Swords are similar in that they're both impartial, but the 2 of Swords doesn't make any decisive conclusions -- she just hovers in between two thoughts. I think this is reminding me that situations aren't black and white...there are different aspects of situation that make the whole big picture.

6. Finally, how can we strengthen our relationship so I can have more resonant readings? The Hermit

Could be saying, "Hey E23, be more patient during your tarot readings. Take the time to process the cards at your leisure, in a quiet room, and ponder the mysteries of the spread. Think, meditate, reflect...and wisdom will come to you :)"

**I know some may think that 3 is the same as 1, but it's different IMO because someone may ask way too many questions about love in general, but the deck may be pushing you to delve into a question that might be about finding self-love while you're single and lookin' for "the one."

Atomic

Oh, I must try this one. :) I suspect my cards think I have nagged a lot about my lovelife and dating lately.

ana luisa

Oh, I must try this one. :) I suspect my cards think I have nagged a lot about my lovelife and dating lately.

I encourage you to, Atomic !!! I did for 3 of my decks and it was AMAZING ! The things a deck can tell... })

DDwarks

Tried it and love it!
Well done and thank you!

DDwarks

I've come back to say that *thanks to you* I finally get my Legacy of the Divine Tarot.
FINALLY!

Enlightenment23

I'm glad you guys like the spread! It helped me get a sense of my favorite deck as well. I think my readings have been better because I've been "Hermiting" more whenever I stumble upon a card I don't get. Hope it can help you guys as well!

think

This is a great spread Enlightenment23 - I'm off to try it now :D

think

1. What types of questions do I ask you too much about? High Priestess

I tend to ask questions I already know the answer to deep down inside. For example, "What are my feelings for X?" This is mainly for practice purposes -- there's no better way to get to understand tarot than pulling cards on your own feelings about someone or something if you ask me :)
Oohh, that's a good interpretation. I also see the HP as delving too deeply into things. Like wanting to know the exact ins and outs. So maybe your deck feels you ask too deeply about something. Some things are best left to find out for yourself.

2. What types of questions do I ask you too little about? 8 of Pentacles Reversed

My dissatisfaction with my career perhaps. Which is funny because I thought I asked about this way too much. Good to know my deck isn't tired of it yet :)
As a reversal, this could be saying you ask too little about being content to stay where you are in your role for a while. Being concerned with vying for more professionally, or something.

3. What question in particular are you dying for me to ask about, but I haven't gotten around to it** (this card should represent the "theme" of surrounding your question) Queen of Swords (Lovers Rx)

I push people away when it comes to my romantic life and I couldn't be arsed to get into a serious relationship at the moment, but I think my deck wants me to explore that and maybe find the root of this issue.
Hmm, yeah. Queen of swords - why men are afraid of you, something like that. (Not that they are, just maybe a beautiful, professional, spunky, sassy chick fears them somewhat...)

4. Tell me what you hate the most about how I read. Justice

I am a very analytical, logical, decisive reader. I am not biased and I try to set my emotions aside when I read. But it seems to me that this is an issue for my deck. Who woulda thought?! Haha

5. What can I do to counteract this? 2 of Swords

Aah okay. Justice and 2 of Swords are similar in that they're both impartial, but the 2 of Swords doesn't make any decisive conclusions -- she just hovers in between two thoughts. I think this is reminding me that situations aren't black and white...there are different aspects of situation that make the whole big picture.
Ooh, this is really good. Keep up the advice, but don't make decisions. Nice one.

6. Finally, how can we strengthen our relationship so I can have more resonant readings? The Hermit

Could be saying, "Hey E23, be more patient during your tarot readings. Take the time to process the cards at your leisure, in a quiet room, and ponder the mysteries of the spread. Think, meditate, reflect...and wisdom will come to you :)"

**I know some may think that 3 is the same as 1, but it's different IMO because someone may ask way too many questions about love in general, but the deck may be pushing you to delve into a question that might be about finding self-love while you're single and lookin' for "the one."
Ah, yeah. I like that interpretation of Hermit being more thinking, solitude.

Great interpretations there E23. I think your readings are awesome, and I'm sure your deck does as well :D

em_idol_twins

This is a great spread. I tried it yesterday, totally resonates. If there is a competition of the spread of the year, no doubt this spread will be the winner.

Thanks E23! :)

winter garden

This produced some very interesting results - thank you :)