Creating a spread

JoannaCrystal

Hey guys 😊

I want to make my own spread.. The thing is, I don't know how to start!

The type of spread I want is something more personal, something that tells me about what's going on inside me or the querent..

I'm trying to make my readings at a more therapeutic way than fortune telling!

The thing is, I don't know where to start!
I know that spreads have to be a shape and also some kind of order.. I know that it has to have a main subject, but then, i'm stuck..

I have no idea how to start!

I want to create a free spread and also covering the most importants areas of life such as personal, love, job, home..
Can you guys help me with some tips?
What positions I may use? And how to put them in a good way?

Much light for you all!

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

CrystalSeas

I know that spreads have to be a shape and also some kind of order.. I know that it has to have a main subject, but then, i'm stuck..
<snip>
What positions I may use? And how to put them in a good way?

While it's true that having an order and a shape might be useful, it's also true that you don't have to do anything in order to make a spread. Nor are there a set of positions that you must use.

You can include (or leave out) anything that seems useful to you in terms of answering a "therapeutic" question. And the shape can be as creative or as boring as you want.

In the end, there are no rules to follow. Like most creative endeavors, a sense of design is useful, and a logic organization is as well. But it's kind of like Michaelangelo said about cutting a statue out of marble: Just cut away the stuff that doesn't belong and leave the stuff that does*.

*Well, maybe that's not an exact translation, but it gets the gist of it.

AnemoneRosie

It sounds to me as though you're looking for something like this?

My method of spread creation is to have some standby number of cards. For this example let's say three, because it's easy and quick so you'll get the point. You can always add more. My first step is to go to the question. Usually the question will have a person (the person asking the question, or someone their asking about such as their ex, or their co-worker) - that's one position. They will be asking about themselves either in relation to that person (position two) or how they can accomplish a goal (position two). Then the third card becomes a sort of "tie-breaker" - either how to get there, or a suggestion, or something for them to work on to help them get further along. And that's an all-purpose general breakdown to how I make a spread!

In essence, it starts with a question, for me.

JoannaCrystal

It sounds to me as though you're looking for something like this?

My method of spread creation is to have some standby number of cards. For this example let's say three, because it's easy and quick so you'll get the point. You can always add more. My first step is to go to the question. Usually the question will have a person (the person asking the question, or someone their asking about such as their ex, or their co-worker) - that's one position. They will be asking about themselves either in relation to that person (position two) or how they can accomplish a goal (position two). Then the third card becomes a sort of "tie-breaker" - either how to get there, or a suggestion, or something for them to work on to help them get further along. And that's an all-purpose general breakdown to how I make a spread!

In essence, it starts with a question, for me.
Totally loved it!! Thank you sooo much!!

Actually I think I will try that 3 cards method as well!! Eheh ☺

Much light for you

JoannaCrystal

While it's true that having an order and a shape might be useful, it's also true that you don't have to do anything in order to make a spread. Nor are there a set of positions that you must use.

You can include (or leave out) anything that seems useful to you in terms of answering a "therapeutic" question. And the shape can be as creative or as boring as you want.

In the end, there are no rules to follow. Like most creative endeavors, a sense of design is useful, and a logic organization is as well. But it's kind of like Michaelangelo said about cutting a statue out of marble: Just cut away the stuff that doesn't belong and leave the stuff that does*.

*Well, maybe that's not an exact translation, but it gets the gist of it.
Maybe you're right!! Maybe I should just start and see where it goes 😊 thank you so much!

Much light for you

Barleywine

It sounds like you're after something similar to the "personal destiny" spread I just posted, that has a deeper psychological focus. I used the concepts of "I Am," "I Feel," "I Think," "I Want," "I See," "I Learn" and "I Become," with optional "higher order" awareness factors under the headings of "I Sense" and "I Aspire." This spread is fairly typical of most that I create, in that it shows a developmental progression and makes use of position meanings.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=263258

Morni83

1. Write on a piece of paper what do you want to know. For example:

a) my current "vibration"
b) my worries
c) family
d) people in my life/friends
e) health
f) career
g) money
h) love
i) karmic lesson
g) divine message (anything you need to know from "god", "universe", "spirit", "guides" etc)

2. We get 10 cards, so now you need to position them in an easy to remember way, so you can use a known layout, like the box of 9 card and you could just lay them out like this:

1-2-3
4-5-6
7-8-9

(and just fit in the meanings)
Or you can place "my current vibration" in the middle (position 1, so you know that you're in the center), then you can arrange:

* - career - money - health (as 7-8-9) as "the lower things" or "closer to the earth" or like the 1st chakra that refers to mundane things (it's all so you could remember easier).

* - family and people could go to positions 4 and 6, so you remember that all the people are standing with you in the middle.

* - worries, love and karmic lesson could go in positions 1-2-3 because they relate to "flighty" or "higher" things relating to the heart and crown chakras, closer to the soul.

The 10th card could be "divine message" - something that (just in case you forgot to ask) could be communicated to you from your spirit guides or "god", like a warning or an advice in your current life period.

I sometimes use a similar spread, but I use 3 cards for each position, so it becomes a huge 30 card spread. Each one of the 3 cards will have their own positions, like "situation-challenge-advice", so that I know what brings about a certain energy and where does it lead.

JoannaCrystal

1. Write on a piece of paper what do you want to know. For example:

a) my current "vibration"
b) my worries
c) family
d) people in my life/friends
e) health
f) career
g) money
h) love
i) karmic lesson
g) divine message (anything you need to know from "god", "universe", "spirit", "guides" etc)

2. We get 10 cards, so now you need to position them in an easy to remember way, so you can use a known layout, like the box of 9 card and you could just lay them out like this:

1-2-3
4-5-6
7-8-9

(and just fit in the meanings)
Or you can place "my current vibration" in the middle (position 1, so you know that you're in the center), then you can arrange:

* - career - money - health (as 7-8-9) as "the lower things" or "closer to the earth" or like the 1st chakra that refers to mundane things (it's all so you could remember easier).

* - family and people could go to positions 4 and 6, so you remember that all the people are standing with you in the middle.

* - worries, love and karmic lesson could go in positions 1-2-3 because they relate to "flighty" or "higher" things relating to the heart and crown chakras, closer to the soul.

The 10th card could be "divine message" - something that (just in case you forgot to ask) could be communicated to you from your spirit guides or "god", like a warning or an advice in your current life period.

I sometimes use a similar spread, but I use 3 cards for each position, so it becomes a huge 30 card spread. Each one of the 3 cards will have their own positions, like "situation-challenge-advice", so that I know what brings about a certain energy and where does it lead.
Hi there Morni83 😊 sorry for the late response!

This seems quite awesome!!
My main issue was figuring out what positions to put and the order, and with your advice I can easily play around with the cards and make a lot of spreads!! Awesomeee!! I'll give it a try!!
Thank you so much!!

Much light for you!!