Enquiry into a Biblical Phrase

Rosanne

Firstly a big big hug LRichard :heart:
Yes over the years the name has come up, and throughly debunked by others.
I printed out what was available sometime 2004- then it dissappeared.
I have not seen this completed site before- but I may not have looked properly.
So yes this is what I wanted, not from a card point of view but an alphabetic point of view.
I remember making an Italian word association with a Classic Tarot Magician = Bateleur and I could find words that began with B, so I figured maybe the debunking had some merit.
The thing is when I started to take Jewish mysticism seriously, it all reared it's head again, in my heart/mind (add in here any word you like). It is my type of visual understanding, that when I see letters, I see pictures within the shape- then I understand the concepts.
A local practising Orthodox Jew told me, that I should practise. He said I was a child of the Book, it was just I had learned the 'other' Book.
I am not mathmatical in any way except balancing my bank account.
So I am working my way through the Hebrew alphabet, in painting and drawing.
I will now scrap my original attempt at cards, and start again.
So many thanks...and I will continue through the other forum, which I have not completed yet.
~Rosanne

kwaw

Mark Filipas theory has been discussed in several threads here. The trouble with his word lists are that are nothing other than would be expected by chance, without any statistically significant difference to what one could achieve using other letter to trump variations. In the following thread for example I showed how a similar word list could just as easily be created starting with Alef/Fool - which proves nothing, other than that the method proves nothing. Nonetheless, for those interested in such, it provides another level of meaning/exegesis (using whatever your preferred attribution of letter to trump is).

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=77050

Rosanne

Hi Kwaw- thanks for the link to the past thread. 2007?? not so long ago as I thought.
Here's the rub...
(using whatever your preferred attribution of letter to trump is).
The elasticity of the Tarot.
It can be....a Yoga Tarot and a Christian sequence and Greek mythology etc etc.
It is all of these now, depending on what images I assign to each card in my preferred attribution of Number to Trump, or in the case of Hebrew, Letter to Trump.
I now have 5 main Trump orders or sequences.
So back to my original statement-Using The Kabbalah and Tarot is an artifical construct.
Nothing wrong with that- so is the Yoga Tarot.
I decided to see what my preferred attribution is.
That is harder for me, because I get easily influenced by various debate.
One day I believe this, another day I believe that.
The one thing that is unchanging is the Hebrew Letters. I do not have to change them to suit myself. I have a concrete order. I now also have a model that is not the Tree.
So somehow I reckon I will get to what I believe, in what goes where and why.
~Rosanne

kwaw

Here's my descending/ascending pips table with the three main fool/letter variations:

(I prefer Alef/Fool then 1-1 in TdM sequence.)

And here it is with Mellets (the first published letter to trump attributions, 1781)

MelletTrumpsPips_zps37cac4ef.jpg

Given the variation that exists in Yetziratic attributions, particular among the single letters/planets - I have just included those that exist in the oldest manuscripts for examples sake.

Yygdrasilian

circulus in probando

“I Am who I Am”
who I Am who I Am who I Am
- sounds like a circular argument to me, if an existential One. Purely coincidental with respect to the first 3 digits of Pi, I’m sure, if the association was unintended. But, as we’ve no way of knowing whether it was or wasn’t, it’s guesswork either way. Though it would be a fitting compliment to one’s deity if it were intentional.

In symbolic terms, the circle, if there is One, poses an interesting cartouche within this Hebrew book of "Names". As rendered prior to the Babylonian captivity, the letter “He” depicted a stick-figure with its arms upraised in a gesture likewise expressed in the meaning of the ancient Hebrew word “Hey” : Behold!

Within the “I Am” of the 3:14 Name, such stick-figures flank the outreached hands of “Yod”, perhaps to herald the arms of the host who bestows “Aleph” upon His chosen. Given the form of an Ox Head, the letter could mean food, sustenance, and/or the means of reciprocating these gifts and atoning for sin through Temple sacrifice- Behold, the means of nourishment and piety are given!

Of course, the Sepher Yetzirah attributes the letter Aleph an elemental quality of Air too. So, in Kabbalist tradition, the hands may also be giving the breath of life - an attribution in tune with the role of one’s Creator and similarly indicated in the “who” of this name: Aleph-Shin-Resh = Air, Fire, Head. As if the life-giving breath were feeding the flame of awareness in one’s noggin.

Or, at least, that’s one way of reading it. You’re welcome to your own “cipher”.

אהיה אשר אהיה
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/28_chart.html