What is the best tarot resource you've found?

gregory

No-one has mentioned Barbara Moore,. Hers are the books I tend to go to when it's reading I need help with.

celticnoodle

I'm still pretty new to tarot (under a year) and I have passion for it now. I'd love to learn and grow my understanding as well as intuition. I'd love to hear what everyone's favorite classes, books, and any other resources may be.
TIA
Jules

You're here at THE BEST tarot resource! Aeclectic Tarot. This site has everything you need or can even think of. And, if there is anything missing, just get in touch with the mods or Solandia to see if you can add that. Though I cannot imagine that there IS anything missing.

Now, that said, I will say that there is one book that I feel is also the absolute MUST in every tarot library, especially if you want to develop your intuition while reading tarot. That book is titled "Psychic Tarot: Using Your Natural Psychic Abilities to Read the Cards" by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard.

This book is GREAT in helping you to develop your abilities, easily with wonderful ideas and exercises in it. And! it is very reasonably priced! A win/win along with this lovely purple world right here! :D

linnie

You're here at THE BEST tarot resource! Aeclectic Tarot. This site has everything you need or can even think of. And, if there is anything missing, just get in touch with the mods or Solandia to see if you can add that. Though I cannot imagine that there IS anything missing.
You beat me to it, CN :) As soon as i read the thread title, I thought "AT!!!" :D

celticnoodle

You beat me to it, CN :) As soon as i read the thread title, I thought "AT!!!" :D

:laugh: Great minds think alike!

:eek: That's kind of scary for you, isn't it??? ;)

Nemia

You're looking at it right now. AT of course.

Then, my own tarot journal that I started in 1991 - hand written first, then Evernote, and two extra journals for shadow work and Lenormand.

Books: anything by Mary Greer, Anthony Louis, Robert M. Place and Elizabeth Hazel. For Thoth, Crowley himself, Milo DuQuette and Snuffin. Katz/Goodwin are good reads, too, but there's much stuffing between the precious chunks (sorry).

I love also Benebell Wen's tome, Deborah Lipp and many other books. Having a tarot library is very helpful. It's difficult to pinpoint one book. I like reading three books parallel - one of them is usually a tarot book.

Websites: there are tarot blogs where I graze regularly but can't mention one specific. There are many very good ones. I like Villa Revak.

My decks and their lwbs are also good sources. Much can be gleaned from looking properly at a deck.

MysticMoonlight

I agree, right here at Aeclectic Tarot is top notch information. It has helped me grow over the years immensely. I definitely wouldn't be where I am today with Tarot without it.

With above said, I do love to have a book in hand, to reference in a pinch, etc. plus I just love books and love reading so I do have several books that have stuck with me over the years that I simply love and use regularly. They go with me and/or have a permanent place on my nightstand.

In no particular order:

A Magical Course in Tarot by Michele Morgan
Psychic Tarot by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard
Learning the Tarot by Joan Bunning
Phantasmagoria by Ian Daniels
Any book by Barbara Moore. Her deck accompanying books are excellent.

bradford

This site does have the best information. But it also has the most information. It's important to keep the critical skills active, since the beginners will offer advice with as much enthusiasm and certainty as the experts.

Ix Chel

The best book is my Tarot Journal. It is a summary from various books. I am a fan from Pollack.

EmpyreanKnight

There are so many quality Tarot resources that it boggles the mind. Even just determining the "best" is so difficult, but anyway:

Online resource: honestly and I'm not brown-nosing - this forum. All the interactions I had (especially the feedback I got from my readings and interpretations) and all the info I gleaned from it is priceless. And the members and especially the mods I met here are some of the nicest and most courteous I encountered in the internet, which we all know can sometimes be a merciless, trashy trainwreck. Very much above par.

Books: So many good books I'm sweating buckets just thinking which to include as my best. But in terms of bang for the buck: Benebell Wen's Holistic Tarot especially if you want to learn the RWS system.

For the Thoth, I really want to say The Book of Thoth by Crowley, but I feel that it would be pretentious and a bit disrespectful of me to say that if I haven't even read it yet (tho I already have a copy). So I'd have to go with Lon Milo Duquette's Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot