Julian Assange - Friend or Foe?

Minderwiz

Career and Profession

This reading is predicated on the time of birth being accurate - please bear in mind the caveats above, which are well summed up in Astraea's prior post.

The tenth House gives us some indication about the success or otherwise of our subject in the pursuit of their profession, vocation, career, or social standing. In this case we have Leo on the MC. This might initially be seen as quite a strong sign for someone who would become a prominent public figure or prominent in their profession or calling. However the Sun, the MC ruler is not strong in essential dignity – it is peregrine in Cancer. Those who see secondary progressions as important, might well advance a theory that when this person’s Sun progresses into Leo, around the age of 19 to 20 we might see a significant change in career fortunes – this is a simplistic point but perhaps one to consider if we want to go on and look at the current situation.

The Sun is reasonably placed on the cusp of the ninth – the House of dreams, visions, exploration, long distance travel – a house for pilgrims and explorers. Interestingly it is the house of lawyers (in the sense of someone who gives legal advice) and the tenth House, ruled by the Sun is the house of the Law and it’s enforcement (those who do the enforcing are ruled by the eleventh). This person might have strong dreams and visions relating to their life’s work, indeed they may see it as their life’s work or calling, rather than simply a career.

How successful he will be is taken from:

the luminaries, principally the Sun and the planets that aspect them
The Lord of the Tenth (in this case the Sun)
The planets in the Tenth (none in this case)
Fixed regal stars posited near the cusp of the Tenth or First House. (there are none by aspect but there are parans and those might be considered later in a separate post.

As we have seen neither luminary is strong, of the two the Sun is stronger and has trines to the Moon and to the Part of Fortune (ruled by Jupiter) and a sextile to Saturn. Although the latter is naturally a malefic, it is actually the more dignified planet in his chart and not badly placed, so Saturn is likely to impose some sense of order on to his career, he may also progress through favours or the support of older men. Moreover ruled by Mercury, it might be interpreted as one of the factors giving him computer skills or internet skills – Saturn is the planet of analysis.

The trine to the Moon in the twelfth sets up something of a conflict as the Moon squares the MC. The Moon is placed in the twelfth the house of secrets, and the hidden. This might indicate someone who is both enjoys the public notice (The Moon can be taken as a signifcator of the public at large) but who prefers to have his privacy inviolate and to only enter the public gaze when he wants to be there. This suits the approach of Choleric/Phlegmatic temperament.

The nature of his career is determined by assessing Mercury, Venus and Mars. These give the three types of profession – Mercury skills using reason, letters, numbers, arithmetic, astrology, philosophical speculations, etc are attributed to Mercury, and Lilly’s list includes ‘the framing of artificial engines or things’ which in a modern sense could well be a definition of a computer.

Venus shows not just the type of career – related to fashion, gaming, and leisure – but also the enjoyment that someone gets from their career.

Mars professions include the obvious armed forces, but also police, security, surgery, bailiffs, door keepers and the arms trade.

To decide which is the dominant for career we look first at the angles EXCEPTING the IC, any of the three at or near is the significator. None of the three are so placed, nor do any of them meet Lily’s next test of ruling the MC, nor his third and fourth tests of aspecting the Moon either partilely (best) or simply within moiety Lilly concludes from that that such a person will not really achieve much.

Lilly then goes on to say that the significator should be taken from whichever of the 3 ‘according to the first mover antecedes the Sun’ – I’m not completely sure but I take this as a reference to whichever rises before the Sun. That would give us Venus as the significator as it rises just before the Sun. I would have taken Mercury on the grounds that it is the better placed and has more overall dignity.

There’s nothing which clearly points to overwhelming success here but we are using the Australian angles and there is an argument that leaving Australia would change his chances of success in a career which is likely to still be Mercurial, given his dominant Mercury in terms of mental ability

Venus however suggests that the person has a fascination with Venus pursuits and life is a game – the sort of hacker Assange allegedly is, would see hacking as a game, him against the security programs of the target and that seems to fit.

So Venus and Mercury both have cases for them and both seem to give reasonable indicators for Julian Assange. Mercury’s trine to Jupiter also suggests some success if we take him as the significator of profession.

Nothing suggests major success here, however Dave has raised the issue of relocation, and that might change the MC and it’s ruler, and possibly the significator of profession, if one or more of the 3 becomes angular in 1st, 10th or 7th.

Minderwiz

And now for something completely different?

OK, some possible questions that others might want to take up?

What if any role do the outer planets play in his chart?

His relationships

The effects of relocation (if any)

What comes next in his life?

Of course you might have your own issues and questions relating to Julian Assange so please feel free to take the thread in your own directions

NamasteIndia

Kibeth said:
Townsville 6 Australia 07/03/1971 14:05

^ His birthtime is anyone's guess, but I'll take this one.

!
is the date 3rd july 1971

i am getting libra ascendant with moon in first house and mars in 4th house...

Minderwiz

NamasteIndia said:
is the date 3rd july 1971

i am getting libra ascendant with moon in first house and mars in 4th house...

Yes, Kibeth was using the US format of MM/DD/YYYY which can be confusing to anyone in the rest of the world where the format is DD/MM/YYYY.

I've seen a copy of the Wanted Notice and it writes his birth day as 3 July 1971, so there is no confusion,

If you are using a standard Vedic approach of whole sign houses and a sidereal zodiac you should indeed get a Libra Ascendent and the Moon would be in the first, so it looks like your chart is correct.

A Vedic view would be most welcome.

Kibeth

alt approach

Hi again.
No I actually use the DD/MM/YYYY method like everybody else. How odd!

"WikiLeaks released Afghan War Diary, a compilation of more than 76,900 documents about the War in Afghanistan not previously available for public review. In October 2010, the group released a package of almost 400,000 documents called the Iraq War Logs in coordination with major commercial media organisations. "

I've been trying to crack this guy's shell for a while based on his natal chart to little success as far as these questions are concerned... What is his motive? His goal when he created Wikileaks is a mystery. And above all: IS HE FRIEND OR FOE? The backstage of Wikileaks told of his obsession with posting leaks of the Iraq War nearly exclusively, to the exclusion of every other news (this is why a dozen or so members stood up and left), which wasn't, they said, what Wikileaks stood for. That and Assange's general attitude/mind through the eyes of people who knows him personally.

What is Assange really up to?

The Iceland miracle, where a country literally became clean overnight thanks to the efforts of Assange and his organization is truly a miracle. Is Assange trying to create another miracle by stopping wars? Is he doing it for the greater good?

There's only a few ways to derive morality from a natal chart as one and all can make the best of a square-filled chart, or turn out inexplicably evil from a trine-flooded one. Even Hitler's chart wasn't looking evil for one.

To the point, I will try to see what other information his birth date yields.

Life Path

Now J Assange here has a life path of "1".

Calculator: http://larobot.com/numerology/calc.htm

Explanation: http://ezinearticles.com/?Divining-Your-Life-Path-Number&id=3004

"Usually number 1's spend at least two thirds of their life trying to shake off the emotional and financial shackles imposed on them by others. They are usually self-made individuals who, like salmon swimming upstream, have to overcome great odds in order to succeed. They innovative and inventive personalities usually end up changing the world for the better in some way.

A person with a number 1 Life Path is usually blessed with motivation, enthusiasm, creativity and inspiration. They tend to be physically healthier and mentally stronger than most people are. Their good looks vitality and lust for life is a source of awe for others who often admire their stamina and ability to get their act together. (.....“Julian can deal with incredibly little sleep, and a hell of a lot of chaos, but even he has his limits, and I could see that he was stretching himself,” Gonggrijp

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/06/07/100607fa_fact_khatchadourian#ixzz18GvSZxeW....)

However sometimes a person traveling the number 1 Life path can be self-absorbed, pushy and overwhelming. Their aggression and ambition is often interpreted as hostility and selfishness. Most number 1's learn hard lessons about the value of good timing and tact during their life journey.

Many who try to have relationships with number 1s cannot stomach their driving ambition and social climbing, which is indicative of their lust for success (especially material) at any cost. They tend to see people as objects and are possessive, jealous and obsessive. They are also not beyond entertaining an infidelity that will advance their career.

Number 1s who stray from their paths often end up in clingy codependent relationships with mentally ill or addicted partners. If you are a number 1 and experiencing this kind of situation, it is a definite message that you are failing your life's purpose to become self-sufficient in life."

And we know Assange is highly rebellious to established authority. He's a rebel. Goes his own way.

There's more though. When you consider what he probably isn't.

He's not a life path "9", a humanitarian with good intentions. He MIGHT be doing this for the greater good, but it's less about the world and more about himself.

Nor a life path "2", which descriptions are as follows.

"Those following a number 2 Life Path tend to be diplomatic, sensitive individuals. As they have an inherent sense of morality and fairness, they tend to be indecisive as they can clearly see both sides of any conundrum or argument. They often make great judges, mediators, lawyers, counselors or social workers because they have an incredible talent for resolving disputes."

A critic of his with a life path 2 ...

"Wikipedia co-founder Larry Sanger has said: "Speaking as Wikipedia's co-founder, I consider you enemies of the U.S.—not just the government, but the people." "

here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiLeaks#Criticism

So someone with a clear moral-balance thinks Assange lacks it.

Chinese Astrology

Assange is a Fire Pig.

As described by Astrotheme (http://www.astrotheme.com/chinese_astrology.php)

"You are a reliable and helpful person, honest through and through. Intellectual independence is an essential virtue: each and everyone must take one's responsibilities and accept the consequences of one's faults.

You avoid underhand manoeuvres and scheming like the plague! Your unfailing sincerity commands your entourage's consideration. You fight shams and all forms of hypocrisy."

His insistence on being completely frank and honest is explained now. But it doesn't stop there, he has even made this his life goal.

NamasteIndia

so changing his birthdate to 7th march 1971 i have read the chart and i noticed in the ascendant there is moon. Moon in asc. creates lot of confusion for native a mind which is wavering also there is Arudra nakshatra which is ruled by rahu so native is having negative thinking often.
Moon is lord of 2nd house so the native will make his wealth work for him and lot of family influence would be seen on this native.
there are chances of sudden heartattacks because of pluto in 4th house
5th house lord in 8th house indicating misuse of knowledge and intelligence also using creative ideas wrongly.
6th house lord in 7th house means problems with marriage spouse would be sickly and presence of mars in 7th means native would be voilent with spouse overall not smooth married life.
10th house of career lord in 6th house indicating he will get sucess if he works hard and the more he works harder the more chances of sucess since its upachaya house.
will add more inputs later

Bernice

Excuse the intrusion but having watched a late BBc program where the questioner put a lot of people pertinent to the WikiLeaks issue 'on the spot', it would appear that Julian Assange is a bonafide Truth Teller - a Whistle Blower. The Powers That Be are pulling out all the stops to silence him.

I've thought this information might be useful (or interesting) to attempt to find in his chart(s).

As Minderwiz says, a relocation chart might reveal further info.

Bee :)

Minderwiz

Some Questions

Bee, you are not intruding one teeny weeny bit, I for one really welcome your take on things

Kibeth said:
Townsville 6 Australia 07/03/1971 14:05

^ His birthtime is anyone's guess, but I'll take this one.

Kibeth said:
Hi again.
No I actually use the DD/MM/YYYY method like everybody else. How odd!

Odd indeed!!

07/03/1971 is 7th March 1971, which NamasteIndia uses in her last post.

Now one thing I'm always conscious of is to ascertain what date system is being used, US or International, as I was caught out so often in the early days of my time on Aeclectic.

I can understand that some US Astrologers seeing the date expressed as 03/07/1971 might cast a chart for 7th March, or even state the date as 7th March and if posted on the internet as such, others elsewhere could take up that date. That's why I wanted to see the date as written on the Arrest Warrant/Wanted Notice.

The date there is clearly given as 3 July 1971, with 'July' written as a word, not a numeral.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/nov/30/interpol-wanted-notice-julian-assange?INTCMP=SRCH

Could Interpol have made a mistake?

The 14:05 birth time comes from TMA's anonymous source and the first time it was mentioned publically was 7th December, a week after the Wanted Notice (TMA also state the birth date as 3 July 1971

http://mountainastrologer.com/tma/birth-time-for-julian-assange

So I draw the following conclusions on the birth date:

1 - there is a very small chance that Interpol confused a US style date with and International date, though how this might happen, given an Australian birth is incomprehensible

2 - If the source used by TMA and now quoted by Astrobank is genuine, the date of 3 July is confirmed, as they would have pointed out the error, should the birth by 7th March.

3- No others have tried to refute the 3 July date by pointing to evidence the birth was actually in March.

4 - The 3 July date is the one to work on but we have to accept that whilst Interpol is a reliable source, at the moment that date has not been completely corroborated, i.e. by Assange, his mother, relative or close friend, though given the rush of articles, I could have missed that.

But most importantly, it stresses the need for great care in finding and using data - a good Astrologer checks and rechecks their sources and always states the sourc when publishing a chart or giving a reading.

One last observation - It's very significant that this thread has ended up trying to cut through the mists surrounding Assange and becoming an exercise in detective work to find the truth and publishing of the results - In itself it says a lot about the man and his role the world - Perhaps Jung was right about synchronicity.

Minderwiz

Assange granted bail

It's just been announced that Assange has been granted bail, pending his hearing on extradition

Bernice

Well, the Mountain Astrologer seem pretty certain about the birth data - I'm inclined to go along with them.

Minderwiz: One last observation - It's very significant that this thread has ended up trying to cut through the mists surrounding Assange and becoming an exercise in detective work to find the truth and publishing of the results - In itself it says a lot about the man and his role the world - Perhaps Jung was right about synchronicity.
More BBC news this luchtime (1.05pm GMT). His bail has been approved, but it's conditions are currently unknown. I'm wondering if a horary might clarify his final situation in relation to the legal actions being brought against him.

Another observation :))):
Julian Assange is rather like "the finger that points to the moon" as attention is being focussed on the 'finger' rather than the 'moon'. Discrediting the finger does not invalidate the moon.

Bee :)
tea: Ooops, Minderwiz pipped me at the post re. bail :grin: