Julian Assange - Friend or Foe?

SirRushing

Kibeth said:
Thought this one deserves a separate thread on its own. This seems a good place to start from my previous thread. So I repost this.

What I would like to understand is what on Assange's chart makes him intellectually superior to 99% of the world (he's a a hacker). The government systems he's invaded are undoubtedly one of the best protected in the world. And what makes him an ethical one (most hackers will destroy the systems they invade without a second thought, but not Assange). He is a maverick for sure. What makes him move to the beat of a different drum from others? If his chart shows signs of insanity (afflicted Saturn for instance)? He's a fascinating character and nowhere near repulsive, personally.

So Julian Assange, is he a friend or a foe?

Townsville 6 Australia 07/03/1971 14:05

^ His birthtime is anyone's guess, but I'll take this one.

Toss your ideas, guys!! GOGO!

First off he didn't hack anything. A military person did it and gave Assange the information. Assange wanted more information and told this person that he will give him some of his hacking knowledge to try to help the military person not get caught for hacking a second and third time.

That is why Assange wants to be let off the hook, because someone came to him with the information. He didn't ask for it, nor paid anyone to do it for him. Someone volunteered to give it to him, but he had no problem accepting the information for his monetary gain for his website.

Personally, I am neutral on this. I don't hate the man, but I don't like him either, but I do find him very fascinating. Sometimes I like shady characters and sometimes I don't.

dadsnook2000

Indirect hacking

The buzz that is beginning to circulate here in the U.S. is that Assange provided software and instructions to the hacker so that the large quantity of information could be retrieved and passed to Wikileaks. That places Assange into the aiding and abetting category, subject to the same prosecution and penalties as the original hacker. It isn't that he just received the information, it is that he aided in obtaining classified information that he wasn't authorized to have. I believe that charges along those lines will result in Grand Jury indictments very soon. Dave

Minderwiz

SirRushing said:
First off he didn't hack anything. A military person did it and gave Assange the information. Assange wanted more information and told this person that he will give him some of his hacking knowledge to try to help the military person not get caught for hacking a second and third time.

Well I think Kibeth was referring to his hacking during his youth in Australia, not the US cables.

Kibeth said:
What I would like to understand is what on Assange's chart makes him intellectually superior to 99% of the world....... He is a maverick for sure. What makes him move to the beat of a different drum from others? If his chart shows signs of insanity (afflicted Saturn for instance)? He's a fascinating character and nowhere near repulsive, personally.

I don't see anything in his chart to suggest any intellectual superiority - technical proficiency is a different thing, but I can see why he would be attracted to computers, and why he would see life as a serious 'game' and indeed why he might 'gamble' or take risks (though calculated ones from his point of view).

I think its dangerous to diagnose mental illness from a chart. There's nothing in his chart to suggest insanity or anything approaching it. If you are referring to the Saturn/Neptune opposition, I wouldn't take any notice of it personally but a modern Astrologer might claim the aspect shows an inability to see structures, an illusion of certainty, obscure analysis, dysfunctional analysis or other such interpretation of the aspect, I don't think even the most fluffy offbeat Astrologer would claim that anyone with this aspect is insane! If you want to look for Astrological symbols of insanity read Mitchell Gibson's 'Signs of Mental Illness'.

Dadsnook2000 said:
The buzz that is beginning to circulate here in the U.S. is that Assange provided software and instructions to the hacker so that the large quantity of information could be retrieved and passed to Wikileaks. That places Assange into the aiding and abetting category, subject to the same prosecution and penalties as the original hacker. It isn't that he just received the information, it is that he aided in obtaining classified information that he wasn't authorized to have. I believe that charges along those lines will result in Grand Jury indictments very soon. Dave

That will be an interesting development if it happens. No doubt such indictments will lead to a warrant for his arrest and the instigation of extradition proceedings, either here (UK) or in Sweden depending on when the extradition is sought and where Assange is at that time.

Conspiracy theorists will no doubt be saying that the Swedish charges were simply a holding device to detain him, ready for extradition to the US.

Kibeth

Minderwiz said:
Well I think Kibeth was referring to his hacking during his youth in Australia, not the US cables.

Yes, I was referring to that.

Minderwiz said:
I don't see anything in his chart to suggest any intellectual superiority - technical proficiency is a different thing, but I can see why he would be attracted to computers, and why he would see life as a serious 'game' and indeed why he might 'gamble' or take risks (though calculated ones from his point of view).

Your assessment seems accurate. Especially on account of that Capricorn in House III. I'm still looking for that sign of intellectual superiority, a gap I must fill in my knowledge!! What I have un-earthed are some signs of intelligence though not necessarily "superior". This here is what Cafe Astrology spewed:

Trine Mercury - Jupiter

He is intelligent, has big ideas: he is tolerant and has a strong sense of justice. He has good judgement, good sense and has his feet on the ground. He has the "gift of the gab", and likes to speak, he also likes literature. He is erudite and will normally be successful socially.

Sextile Jupiter - Pluto

He likes to direct, is intelligent and is an organizer of the first order.

House III is the area of social and intellectual learning.

House III in Capricorn

Nothing is left to chance, everything is calculated, dissected slowly and methodically, twice rather than once, in peace and quiet by himself. He is introverted, and doesn't speak about his plans until they are underway.

House X in Leo

All the leadership qualities are there: authority, sense of organization, initiative, intelligence, but also thanks to outside help. He is a fighter.

Moon in Scorpio

Many Lunar Scorpios are intelligent and astute.

12 Trine Mercury - Ascendant

He is intelligent, with quick and lively reflexes. He is preoccupied by his circle, likes to exchange ideas with his friends, but also with strangers. Of an open nature, he goes out to others.

Mars in Aquarius

With Mars, the planet of energy and drive, in an Air sign, these individuals get off on mental and intellectual pursuits.

Sextile Jupiter - Pluto

He likes to direct, is intelligent and is an organizer of the first order.

Uranus in XI

His freedom is important to him, even with regard to friends. These are extravagant, original, intellectual. They are not from the same background and have a different up-bringing.

Minderwiz said:
I think its dangerous to diagnose mental illness from a chart. There's nothing in his chart to suggest insanity or anything approaching it. If you are referring to the Saturn/Neptune opposition, I wouldn't take any notice of it personally but a modern Astrologer might claim the aspect shows an inability to see structures, an illusion of certainty, obscure analysis, dysfunctional analysis or other such interpretation of the aspect, I don't think even the most fluffy offbeat Astrologer would claim that anyone with this aspect is insane! If you want to look for Astrological symbols of insanity read Mitchell Gibson's 'Signs of Mental Illness'.

Thank you for the recommendation.
I must however disagree. I have an afflicted Saturn and I do know I'm nuts. :)

Minderwiz said:
That will be an interesting development if it happens. No doubt such indictments will lead to a warrant for his arrest and the instigation of extradition proceedings, either here (UK) or in Sweden depending on when the extradition is sought and where Assange is at that time.

Conspiracy theorists will no doubt be saying that the Swedish charges were simply a holding device to detain him, ready for extradition to the US.

Sweden is one of my researches. In that country it appears the Muslim population raped and molested Swedish women in astonishing figures, but their media isn't allowed publish, or let know, such reports. It was a few activists who let the cat out of the bag. The government's reasoning for this I do not know. I can however deduce Sweden's sexual prosecution levels are treated seriously or purposely kept under wraps to suit political motivations that has nothing to do with justice itself. Does this make sense?