Tarot recommendation for an Oracle-reader

AnemoneRosie

Maybe the Osho Zen? It's rather oracle-like, and the titles along the bottom might be helpful.
Of course, Thoth has titles along the bottom as well, but that might be a bit much.

CharlotteK

Tarots I have that feel just as much oracle-like are Osho Zen, Waking the Wild Spirit (OOP so could be hard or expensive to get), Voyager, Tarot of the Sidhe, Revised William Blake, Tarot of the Spirit, and, strangely the Animal Totem Tarot (which although has an excellent book reads extremely expressively).

willowy

I agree with Voyager tarot,very oracle like.Or what about a animal deck,like the animal wisdom tarot by Dawn Brunke,if you really want to give him something to puzzle with ,you could go for the transparent tarot,abit minimialist but intuition triggering images and the book is excellent.

Gwynydd

I remembered another one: Wheel of the Year Tarot. I have a friend who loves oracles and claims she 'can't read' tarot. But she saw this deck of mine and said, 'I can see what these cards mean by the pictures! This makes sense to me, and I think I could read the tarot if it was this deck.'

Le Fanu

My goodness THAT'S the one! How on earth did you know the one I was describing? there are so many Egpytian-based oracle decks around. I looked at it briefly in person but looking at it now, it's quite beautiful. I'd love to know more about it. It may also help others in their suggestions.

Thank you for all these wonderful suggestions. There are some great ideas here and some I had completely overlooked and never thought of - like the Voyager. I dug my copy out to have a look and consider. That's a possibility. Ludicrously I never even thought of the Grande Belline Tarot and I have a spare of that one (as you do). I love the Distant Past but I think it's too obviously painterly for his tastes - too much classical artwork and some "sacred" cards - like the World and the Hierophant - not quite his style, although I love it. I did think of the Thoth too - those deco lines would appeal. And the Japaridze is a great recommendation. That one is a great choice. I read with that one and find the imagery very free-ing. Tarot but somehow freer.

There was one deck I had in mind before I actually posted here and was curious to know if others would recommend it, but nobody has, which is interesting, so I'll keep it to myself :D

Gwynydd

Hanson Roberts would be another one

ayuryogini

Until I looked at the art work on the Belline Oracle, I immediately thought of the Good Tarot, mainly because it's described as "an intuitive oracle in tarot format", and considered a positive feeling deck.

The art work is so different from the Belline Oracle; that could be a good thing, or not, but I thought the deck was worth a mention.

EmceeDirector

I work with Chrysallis tarot for some time and it is very intuitive, at least for me. Also it has a very good book companion.

I just purchased the Chrysallis recently myself. It's wonderful. Incredibly intuitive.
Very positive and spiritual!

aquestionmark

For me, I think of storytelling/poetic decks and these are a few of my picks..

William Blake
Navigators tarot of the mystic sea
Tyldwick
Tarot of 1001 nights
Tarot of the Origins (though May be too dark)
Fantastic Menagerie
Tarot of the Zirkus Magi
Lynd Ward tarot
Waking the wild spirit
Tarot of the sidhe