Victorian Flower Oracle: Primrose and Snowdrop

.traveller.

Primrose and Snowdrop
Hope

Image: Primrose pulls Snowdrop out of the snow.

I don't have my cards with me, so I am going on memory. Having two flowers on one card speaks of interaction, just like Tea and Coffee, and Tuberose and Daffodil. The snowdrop appears when all else seems dead but can be easily missed in the snow since it is a white flower. Hope is like that, it only appears when we need it, but we might not see it. Primrose is associated with childhood, originally named Paralisos for a youth who died of grief for his lost love.
Further digging around links Primroses with fairies, and the phrase "leading down the primrose path". The primrose path is a bad end.

So the hope of Snowdrop will lead one to Primrose's bad end?
yuck.

Barbaras Ahajusts

"No! Don't give up, you are almost done! It's not all that cold out here. Look the sun still shines!"

Primrose seems to be letting the Snowdrop see that if she just gets into full bloom, (stands up for herself) Snowdrop can handle her role; in the rough time of her growth.
She doesn't need Primrose's assistance, but Primrose, being the hardy one, is a good candidate to encourage others. (It might be bitchen cold, my friend, but you can do it!)

Whether false hope or not, hope is that eternal knot we hang onto. We pull together to build up others, ourselves or just instill that positive affirmation that all will come to us at the perfect time.

One nay sayer can ruin the hopes of anyone. Positive people always generate hope & excitement in others. They draw like people to them.

:)Barbara