The Third Roses & Lilies RWS pack

Bhavana

someone who wanted it really bad must have contacted the seller and offered a nice amount for it.

Abrac

Very interesting indeed!

Yeah, somehow the seller figured out they're sitting on a gold mine. :laugh:

gregory

Wow ! I was watching that. Not very hard, as in not about to bid so not checking a whole lot ! but with interest.

But it did have a card missing :(

rwcarter

She ended it a second time? I was watching it both times. Was thinking of bidding on it the first time it was up, but when she put it up the second time with the additional info (images separating from backs and missing card), I was watching more out of curiosity to see how much it would go for.

BTW, what makes it the "third roses & lillies back"?

OnePotato

I hope whoever bought it has the sense, and room left in their budget, to have it professionally restored.
This is not a job for some Elmer's glue and a stack of heavy books.

Abrac

Didn't notice it has a missing card, that's a shame. :(

The letter's the real find though, imo.

roppo

But there are all 78 cards, all of them ( I counted them, chekcing one by one).

I believe the letter from Rider does confirm the theory of "R&L being the very first".

rwcarter

Guess it's a moot point, but I also count 78 cards pictured in the auction. Wonder why she said there were only 77?

Still don't understand the "third Roses & Lillies back" comment though. Is that from the letter? The replacement coming out in March being the fourth?

roppo

I suppose there have been only two R&L packs extant, one is now Mr Kaplan's, the other truelight's. So I call the pack in the listing the third R&L (of course we can't be really sure as the pack is now out of our reach).