Get "certified" - it's cheap! ; )

Cassandra022

firefrost said:
Whatcha think to this?

• How the cards have contributed to your personal development.

It all began for me when my tarot not only became an extension of me – I allowed them to be me! What to have for breakfast one day? The Eight of Wands told me I had to be swift, and being so self-disciplined, I simply allowed myself a cup of tea, knowing the hunger pains would soon dissipate!

Housework, what should I do first. Draw a card and see what my deck thinks is the most important and should be done with haste. I must confess that when I drew the Hanged Man reversed on this subject I really didn’t know what to do. It wanted me to get on with things, but did I do the ironing or make the beds? It was quite a dilemma for a short while. I had to sit and pull cards until I eventually got to one that made sense to my predicament. It was the Nine of Cups, the wish card. I wished for a cup of tea so put the kettle on while I decided what to do next. I do so love how the tarot fits into my life!

I always sleep with at least two cards under my pillow, and they visit my subconscious being with messages during the night. I do so treasure these gifts! Other taroists I know who aren’t up to my own high reading standard are quite envious of me, but I give them a gift of a personal reading and tell them that everything comes to those who wait.

Since using the cards for my personal development, I feel like I know everything there is to know about my life and some others’ I’ve read for as well. So much so that I’ve told my clients that I can give them a 100% accurate reading. The cards know all and never lie.

This is just a couple of my many, many, experiences. I just don’t see how I can develope much more, after living the tarot as I have.

haha this is excellent. glad the cards approve of tea ;]

Pen

If we're to be believable as one person, perhaps we should post early on and edit on the thread as we progress? Then we can fall in with each others' mindset and not contradict one another.

This is what I have so far - any suggestions welcome.

Pen

Origin of the Tarot

Ever since its conception in ancient Mesopotamia, the origins of the tarot have been shrouded in mystery. Only in the early part of the late 1800s was its amazing story unveiled by the Count de Gabegie, a French hairdresser otherwise known as Ellessia - a reversal of the letters of his Christian name, Aisselle.

One day, whilst strolling along the Folies Bergère, he saw a lady playing with some brightly coloured cards, and immediately recognised the figures thereon as a secret code encapsulating the lost grimoire of Hermes Trismegistus, the great and powerful mage of Pre-Deluge Egypt.

This revelation came to Ellessia in the form of anamnesis; he experienced himself as a slave in a vast hall or temple, walking slowly behind a priest who was clad in white vestments and swinging a censer of sweet frankincense. They were progressing between a double row of monoliths on which were depicted the very same figures as those on the cards – painted in identical colours!

Ellessia later calculated that all of the writings of Hermes the Twice-Great, or Tot as he was known to the Romans, which ran into tens of thousands of pages, was encoded in the twenty-two cards of the major arcana, which was an encyclopedia containing everything, including the Hebrew alphabet, astrology, kabala, mathematics, mythology, alchemy, amphibology and every other discipline and historical event in both the known and unknown world.

From Ellessia’s findings, historians have calculated that the tarot was carried on the backs of the camels of those nomadic tribes who later became known as Romanies or Gypsies, along the Silk Road from ancient Mesopotamia to all over Europe.

NB: Gabegie is French for chaos, and aisselle for armpit.

Ambience

I love the way he has become a regulating body- you have to give him credit for his business acumen. Then again- posting on ebay- that does reduce it's value and public trust. I imagine the regulator would have a problem with that.

Pen

photokat said:
Should the hopeful student be a female or a male?
Although the (split) personality will surface throughout the essay anyway....

To be fair, transexual...:)

All great so far, except that Alex sounds quite nice...:(

Pen

Cassandra022

goldenweb said:
If we're to be believable as one person, perhaps we should post early on and edit on the thread as we progress? Then we can fall in with each others' mindset and not contradict one another.

This is what I have so far - any suggestions welcome.

Pen

Origin of the Tarot

Ever since its conception in ancient Mesopotamia the origins of the tarot have been shrouded in mystery. Only in the early part of the late 1800s was its amazing story unveiled by the Count de Gabegie, a French hairdresser otherwise known as Ellessia - a reversal of the letters of his Christian name, Aisselle.

One day, whilst strolling along the Folies Bergère, he saw a lady playing with some brightly coloured cards, and immediately recognised the figures thereon as a secret code encapsulating the lost grimoire of Hermes Trismegistus, the great and powerful mage of Pre-Deluge Egypt.

This revelation came to Ellessia in the form of anamnesis; he experienced himself as a slave in a vast hall or temple, walking slowly behind a priest who was clad in white vestments and swinging a censer of sweet frankincense. They were progressing between a double row of monoliths on which were depicted the very same figures as those on the cards – painted in identical colours!

Ellessia later calculated that all of the writings of Hermes the Twice-Great, or Tot as he was known to the Romans, which ran into tens of thousands of pages, was contained in the twenty-two cards of the major arcana, and was an enclyclopedia containing everything, including the Hebrew alphabet, astrology, kabala, mathematics, mythology, alchemy, amphibology and every other discipline and historical event in both the known and unknown world.

NB: Gabegie is French for chaos, and aisselle for armpit.

a french hairdresser! whose pseudonym means armpit! amphibology!

I approve :D

Pen

firefrost said:
Whatcha think to this?

• How the cards have contributed to your personal development.

I had to sit and pull cards until I eventually got to one that made sense to my predicament.

:D :D :D

Pen

Rovay

...I got the feeling that there will be all kinds of people who will fall for this, get the certificate after writing nonsense, and then think they are a fully ranked divinitors.

Pen

I added the last para to my post to make up the 273 words. It seems about the right amount, and I like the number...:)

I'll probably tweak it over the next day or so though.

Pen

Pen

Rovay said:
...I got the feeling that there will be all kinds of people who will fall for this, get the certificate after writing nonsense, and then think they are a fully ranked divinitors.

I think it's a good way to draw attention to the worthlessness of these certificates though.

When our project is finished we could start a special thread posting both the complete essay and the certificate to show just how pointless it is to have one of these.

Pen

firefrost

goldenweb said:
I added the last para to my post to make up the 273 words. It seems about the right amount, and I like the number...:)

I'll probably tweak it over the next day or so though.

Pen

Mine just over 300 I think. I'll leave it for now and see what the editors make of it. :)