Intensive Deck Study - Newly Started

Emily

(((((hunter )))) hope you are feeling better soon.

Soaring Eagle

Vision Quest

I have been studying and making more journal entries. I have also added more threads to the Vision Quest Study Group. The moderator has said that soon it will have it's own sub-forum in the Study Group section. Yay!! I only need to post one more thread, then it will be ready.

Good Luck to everyone in their studies!!

Ivy Rhiannon

I have been studying and making more journal entries. I have also added more threads to the Vision Quest Study Group. The moderator has said that soon it will have it's own sub-forum in the Study Group section. Yay!! I only need to post one more thread, then it will be ready.

Woot That is awesome soaring eagle! :D

Penthasilia

Maat tarot IDS: 4 of Swords

You ROCK! :D I am loving everyone's threads. This is a great IDS group. Thanks for getting this set up and started for us!

(((Hunter)))- hope you feel better and we will miss you.

Maat tarot IDS today: 4 of Swords

I posted my thread for the day here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2906245#post2906245

Today's card was the 4 of swords, and interestingly it continues on in the idea of ancestor work. It was a great card, and very soothing. The colors in it are spectacular, and the opportunity to sit and learn from the Iceman was phenomenal. Though it was an incredible experience, it didn't hold the emotional connection of the King of Swords. I think it is because the KoS reminded me of close family, where the 4 of swords takes you back to your ancient ancestors and past. It warms you, but doesn't feed you quite like the KoS- if that makes any sense.

Funny enough, the next card is the Death card, with the full moon in Taurus- so I was going to be all cute and special and decide to do two cards since today is the full moon. Well, when you decide to get cute and special, you can easily get b*tch-slapped by your patron goddess/god (as I did) with an ah-ah, no, no- not today :) My wounded 3 year old self wailed out "WHYYYYYY- but I wannaaaaaa?! and my slightly humored goddess shook her head and told me to do my ritual tonight, using my drum, and then I would be ready to hear what Death had to tell me. Well, shit, she is the goddess of death, so I couldn't argue with her logic. It just makes me sigh, as I do love immediate gratification. So- tomorrow should hold an interesting post for me. I will let you all know how everything turns out :D

Soaring Eagle

Thank you Ivy Rhiannon and Penthasilia!! I did enjoy posting all of my journal entries. It actually turned into quite a learning experience for me, as I found some things that I needed to elaborate on, and some things I had completely missed. There is now someone else who is posting in the study group thread, so I am no longer alone in my studies. This person has already made me notice things that I wouldn't have noticed.

It's the difference in how everyone can look at the same card and see something completely different. It is great!! I'm thoroughly enjoying studying this deck. I have made the final thread, so by tomorrow the study group should have it's own sub-forum. All of the cards are now listed. I listed each card seperately until I came to the court cards and then I posted all four of the court cards from one suit together. It came together really nicely. I will post the link when they set up the sub-forum.

Owl Song

Congratulations, Soaring Eagle! That's wonderful news; you must feel quite a sense of accomplishment.

Penthasilia, great post on the 4 of Swords. Good luck with your ritual! I know it's hard to be patient so I give you credit for following the direction of your patron goddess. Keep us posted. :)

I think I'm going to pick up Corinne Kenner's book on astrology and the Tarot and incorporate it into my work with Legacy of the Divine. I miss my astrology work.

Soaring Eagle

Congratulations, Soaring Eagle! That's wonderful news; you must feel quite a sense of accomplishment.

Penthasilia, great post on the 4 of Swords. Good luck with your ritual! I know it's hard to be patient so I give you credit for following the direction of your patron goddess. Keep us posted. :)

I think I'm going to pick up Corinne Kenner's book on astrology and the Tarot and incorporate it into my work with Legacy of the Divine. I miss my astrology work.

Thank you, I do. When I first came to AT the study group only had 0-3 of the Major Arcana posted. I really wanted to study this deck so I started posting. Now I have a little company, and will be able to study more.

Oh, and Penthasilia, I know how hard it can be to wait. Patience is a virtue, one that I don't have.

Penthasilia

Oh, and Penthasilia, I know how hard it can be to wait. Patience is a virtue, one that I don't have.

Neither do I unfortunately- but I had no choice in this one :D Hence the whining- LOL.

Chiriku

Posted a new thread in the Maat Study Group yesterday I think-- Ace of Swords. I've been reading through a little bit of the Activity Book on my Kindle e-reader during my precious few breaks at work.

Penthasilia, I'm thinking that in keeping with Julie's suggestions in the book to first think up one's own explanations for a card before reading hers, I will wait until I've done some journaling or at least thinking about each card before I read your wonderful rich explorations (the ones I've read so far are grand).

Soaring Eagle

Vision Quest

The Vision Quest Study Group now has it's own sub-forum. Yay!! :) Much easier to find here.

My IDS is not complete, though. I still want to spend more time on studying this deck. I actually rushed some of the cards to have all the threads completed rapidly. I also don't want to complete my IDS until I am no longer doubting my interpretations of the cards when I do readings. This is my major problem, and I want to learn to quit doubting myself. It's not so much I doubt each card, but usually one card comes up that seems odd, and I doubt the entire reading. This IDS will help me get over that, I think. :s