Intensive Deck Study - Newly Started

Penthasilia

I have not done any 3-5 card spreads this week and I have not really done much work from the book I am working with (psychic tarot) so next week I will try to include these tasks in my studies.

I am waiting to do my personal spreads until after I go through each individual card- if that makes any sense. To me, I feel that putting the energy into the cards before doing a reading will provide me with a better feel for how to lay them out, etc.

Plus, I mean come on, you need to wine and dine them first before you expect, well... you know ;)

:D

Soaring Eagle

I am waiting to do my personal spreads until after I go through each individual card- if that makes any sense. To me, I feel that putting the energy into the cards before doing a reading will provide me with a better feel for how to lay them out, etc.

Plus, I mean come on, you need to wine and dine them first before you expect, well... you know ;)

:D

I like how you state that. It makes perfect sense. I guess that's one reason I really haven't felt right about doing a reading, I want to get to know them a little bit better.

janie144

Soaring Eagle said:
That is great!!! Keep up the good work. I was just wondering where you had been, as you have not posted, and then here you are.

Thank you for the words of encouragement, I havent posted much I know, I have also been full of the cold this week :( and worse I seem to be spreading it round the whole family. But I have been enjoying my IDS and I find as you pointed out earlier the more time I spend with my deck the more I see, today a small yellow tulip in the three of cups, which I have found means happiness in life and cheerfull thoughts, how cool is that? and I have never noticed it before :)

Penthasilia said:
Plus, I mean come on, you need to wine and dine them first before you expect, well... you know

This made me laugh :D but in all seriousness I think it is very good advice and i might just hold off on readings for now, I have always wanted to join in the reading exchanges but never really had the nerve, so if I hold off on the readings and just spend time getting to know my cards who knows I might head over to the exchange thread in December when my IDS is done :)

Emily

I'm holding off from doing any big readings with the Animal Wise too until I know it better. I pulled a couple of cards when I first opened it but I don't know the cards well enough yet to be able to properly see what they might be trying to tell me. If it was a RWS clone or Thoth-like then I would be reading with it from the off but the Animal Wise is different and I don't want to rush it. :)

Soaring Eagle

Vision Quest

I have been diligently working on my IDS. I have added more postings to the Vision Quest study group. I am really inspired by all the work every one is doing.

Here are the links to 5 of Water , 6 of Water , 7 of Water

At this rate, I may finish early. If I do, I will have to move onto another deck, possibly the Animal Wise so that Emily is not studying alone. Or maybe the Celtic Dragon? I'll have to think on it when that time comes. There's still a lot of studying to do.

Soaring Eagle

Nice job Soaring Eagle and Emily! I have been reading your posts as well. Just been busy updating today. I'll comment soon :D I am also thinking about the Vision Quest Tarot myself. I'm glad you guys are really connecting with your decks!

I have the fool through the empress done so far. I feel like I'm a slacker compared to Soaring Eagle over there :p. The links are all in the study group:

Fool: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165551
Magician: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165552
High Priestess: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165560
Empress: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165582

The Empress intuitive story was interesting...

I finally took a minute to read through your posts. WOW!!! I like how you are adding the stories. This is not a deck that I felt I could connect with, but after reading your posts, I may have to give it a try in the future. When I saw the High Priestess - Bast, I truly only saw a human with a cat head, and cats in the background sky. I couldn't understand it as High Priestess. After reading your story, I definately could see Bast as the High Priestess.

You are doing great!! Keep up the good work.

Ivy Rhiannon

I finally took a minute to read through your posts. WOW!!! I like how you are adding the stories. This is not a deck that I felt I could connect with, but after reading your posts, I may have to give it a try in the future. When I saw the High Priestess - Bast, I truly only saw a human with a cat head, and cats in the background sky. I couldn't understand it as High Priestess. After reading your story, I definately could see Bast as the High Priestess.

You are doing great!! Keep up the good work.

Ah Thanks Soaring Eagle!!!

Great to hear your daughter joining in to Pent! That is awesome!

Everyone is doing great with their studies :D Neat to see how we are all doing things differently and getting such great results!

Penthasilia

2 of Swords- Maat tarot

Ok guys- so here is the link to my new post: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2902484#post2902484

My daughter bowed out today- she is not feeling well :(

Anyway- this card is just so absolutely fantastic it has put me in a fabulous mood for the day! The imagery is fantastic and it makes me so excited to move to Alaska.

The wolf- he reminds me of my moon-doggy- our siberian husky Brighid. They have the same type of face and look to them.

This card was a pleasure to work with- and to me, so much better than the traditional blinded 2 of swords. The Inuit woman in this card makes it for me, the wisdom and caring on her face are spectacular.

The card gave me the story again- similar to how it came up for the Tower card, so I just wrote what she told me.

I do appreciate the feedback from everyone- and have been enjoying the posts. Soaring Eagle- you are driving through your deck- wow! I plan on one card a day, and that should leave me a good 10 days at the end to practice spreads within my 3 month timeframe for the IDS.

Hope you all are having a great day! Keep up the great work- I am loving the posts :D

Amy

Soaring Eagle

Vision Quest

So, I've had TONS of energy built up today (very unusual amount of energy) and I have added more threads to the Vision Quest study group.

If you want to check them out, here are the links:

Eight of Water , Nine of Water ,
Ten of Water .

I'm not sure where all this energy is coming from, but it's good for my studies. :)
Not that I'm getting much housework done, though. My energy seems to be learning based, if that's possible.

Penthasilia

So, I've had TONS of energy built up today (very unusual amount of energy) and I have added more threads to the Vision Quest study group.

I'm not sure where all this energy is coming from, but it's good for my studies. :)
Not that I'm getting much housework done, though. My energy seems to be learning based, if that's possible.

Very possible- I find that when it is not associated with housework, my energy levels can soar :p

<going to look at your threads now>