Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

rylla

I decided to go with borders/no titles/not cornered/edged in Bic Yellow Gold Metallic

This deck seems to have a green/yellow cast or maybe those are just the dominant colors? Too much green/yellow for my taste. I think I preferred some of the art in Wildwood, but overall I think DruidCraft is a better general deck. Too bad they couldn't just add people courts to the Wildwood, oh well.

When publishers make these oversized decks that are not user friendly I wish they would at least choose card back designs that would not be impacted if the buyer decides to trim the deck.

PICS...

Those (left) borders look great! I trimmed mine 'to the bones', but I like yours much more.

aquestionmark

Trimmed Baba Decks

Blasphomy!!!

I trimmed my used copy of the 2nd edition Victorian Romantic because the edges were quite tattered and I was ready for a change..

I would not have trimmed my fantastic menagerie deck but one of the cards was cut off-center and it was bothering me too much. I like how the trimmed deck turned out.

Baba has nice borders on their decks that don't necessarily bother me but I am liking the results on these two decks...

Attachments

• VR Borderless.jpg
    VR Borderless.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 196
  • Print error back.jpg
    Print error back.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Menagerie print error.jpg
    Menagerie print error.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Menagerie trimmed.jpg
    Menagerie trimmed.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 182

Padma

Goodness! That can't be the second ed Vickie I sold you...? The gold edge was slightly shuffle worn, but never tattered...?

Anyways - both decks look great :) Good job, AQuestionMark!

aquestionmark

Goodness! That can't be the second ed Vickie I sold you...? The gold edge was slightly shuffle worn, but never tattered...?

Anyways - both decks look great :) Good job, AQuestionMark!

It's my copy from before yours, since I was able to purchase yours, I could then trim the other one ;) Things worked out well..

Padma

It's my copy from before yours, since I was able to purchase yours, I could then trim the other one ;) Things worked out well..

Awesome, thanks for letting me know! But really, both decks look much better, altered. You did a very good job, Question! :) Did you use a punch corner rounder?

Padma

And to think I just use nail clippers to round my corners - looks like you have the R2D2 of corner punches! :thumbsup: No wonder your decks look so great - that, and a steady hand!

GlitterNova

I just trimmed my first deck--the Victorian Frances Gothic oracle. Only 36 cards by my hands are sore! No corner rounder so I used Padma's idea of nail clippers. They're not perfect but it worked well enough for me.

Nemia

As mentioned in another thread, I trimmed and edged my PCS Commemorative. It turned out really nice!

The black edge just fits the hand-drawn frames that Colman Smith added to each picture. In trimming, I took great care not to damage it. It's irregular and so is the trimming job, but that's just what I wanted - this slight irregularity is a result of keeping to the original frames. The black edge corrects the rounded corners which were left without the original frame (I wondered whether to leave them with sharp corners but then decided to round them and add the edge).

I must say that I was quite content with the deck the way it was; without the thread here about borderless RWS decks I probably wouldn't have trimmed mine.

Another project I didn't add to this thread yet is my tarot of the Master. Taking off those weird green borders did wonders for the deck. I left the corners sharp. Now they look more "authentic" as far as fresh, modern printed cards can look. The green border screamed "not good enough the way these cards were!", and I didn't like that.

They're MUCH nicer now. I love that deck!

Attachments

• pcs trimmed 2016-03-22 15.13.45.jpg
    pcs trimmed 2016-03-22 15.13.45.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 186
  • pcs trimmed and edged 1.jpg
    pcs trimmed and edged 1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 164
  • tarot of the master 4.jpg
    tarot of the master 4.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 185
  • tarot of the master 3.jpg
    tarot of the master 3.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Tarot of the Master 2015-12-09 07.39.56.jpg
    Tarot of the Master 2015-12-09 07.39.56.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 171

rylla

As mentioned in another thread, I trimmed and edged my PCS Commemorative. It turned out really nice!

The black edge just fits the hand-drawn frames that Colman Smith added to each picture. In trimming, I took great care not to damage it. It's irregular and so is the trimming job, but that's just what I wanted - this slight irregularity is a result of keeping to the original frames. The black edge corrects the rounded corners which were left without the original frame (I wondered whether to leave them with sharp corners but then decided to round them and add the edge).

I must say that I was quite content with the deck the way it was; without the thread here about borderless RWS decks I probably wouldn't have trimmed mine.

Another project I didn't add to this thread yet is my tarot of the Master. Taking off those weird green borders did wonders for the deck. I left the corners sharp. Now they look more "authentic" as far as fresh, modern printed cards can look. The green border screamed "not good enough the way these cards were!", and I didn't like that.

They're MUCH nicer now. I love that deck!

That ugly green borders always bothered my eyes :) I planned to do the same but I was hesitating for some reason. Thanks for the pics and great to hear you like the trimmed version much more. Gives me courage to do the same :)