Anino Lenormand

blue_fusion

I'm madly in love with your art style :) Dig that beautiful Fox! (and Dog, and Birds, and Stork, and so on and so forth!) :laugh:
It may have a tarot version in the future. :D Here's a bit of a back story: the style organically developed from some particular doodles of mine some years ago. I featured these in ex libris (bookplates) which I gave as freebies alongside my handmade decks (see sample in the attachment which I nicked off my website). Those featured either fanciful reworkings of traditional Filipino clothing or Filipino mythical creatures (hence the mermaid). I have a list of notes for deck ideas and I put down the style as something which has potential for a tarot deck (it had a sweeping name, similar to Tarot Whispers at the House of Dusk lol), but since I was still struggling with the style back then, I put it aside as something to work on on a rainy day. But, well, this Lenormand deck happened and I seem to have more mastery of the style... so who knows what the future may bring. :D

PS maybe have a chat with Seven Stars here? She ships world-wide but not from the States, where she lives. Her decks are lovely, great card stock, and they ship fairly promptly and cheaply. She may have some suggestions for you?

Good suggestion! I should ask her! :D Does her deck come with a printed box? Because I used to think she had her stuff printed via PS - which didn't do boxes on a per-deck basis, but which had affordable shipping rates. They've raised printing costs though. I wanted to price the deck at $30 for the early bird and $35 for the normal version - this is feasible with The Game Crafter, except that US international shipping rates are rather expensive. I am warming up to the idea of crowdfunding the deck so it can still be offered at the price range I want but will still also have affordable shipping. I'm just also a bit scared since it will be my first experience crowdfunding a deck if ever. :)

Attachments

• proxy.jpeg
    proxy.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 115

Village Witch

PS maybe have a chat with Seven Stars here? She ships world-wide but not from the States, where she lives. Her decks are lovely, great card stock, and they ship fairly promptly and cheaply. She may have some suggestions for you?

I own one o Seven Stars decks. Her card stock is excellent. Another author with great card stock is JeriTottenDesigns on etsy.com.

Both authors decks come in a plastic looks-like-glass box that fits together loosely. The lids fall off and are not good for carrying the decks. I keep a rubber band around the boxes. I don't like having to do that.

Padma

Village Witch beat me to the punch - I was going to say the same thing.

Being an artist myself, I can attest to the fact that the organic style is usually the best one to run with :D as it expresses itself easily, and with grace and flow.

I think you have the perfect match for the style with a Lenormand deck. :)

blue_fusion

I own one o Seven Stars decks. Her card stock is excellent. Another author with great card stock is JeriTottenDesigns on etsy.com.

Both authors decks come in a plastic looks-like-glass box that fits together loosely. The lids fall off and are not good for carrying the decks. I keep a rubber band around the boxes. I don't like having to do that.

I think I know their printer. Interestingly, said printer also offers a one piece hinged plastic box (much less problematic than the plastic box with a lid)...

Village Witch beat me to the punch - I was going to say the same thing.

Being an artist myself, I can attest to the fact that the organic style is usually the best one to run with :D as it expresses itself easily, and with grace and flow.

I think you have the perfect match for the style with a Lenormand deck. :)

Oh wow. Would love yo see your works. Have you considered making your own deck? It's a great experience. It's like creating an entire mini exhibit :D

Padma

I'm attaching two of my paintings for you, Blue Fusion :) One of them (the lion) is 5 feet high by 3 wide. The dog is 16 x 20". The lion is my organic flow, and the dog is part of the portraiture portfolio I have. I do portraiture for a living.

I'm only posting two here just for you! This is *your* thread, about *your* wonderful art! :love:

I am still formulating the deck in my mind. Letting it burble away on the back burner! Not yet ready for prime time ;)

Attachments

• beautiful Thor.jpg
    beautiful Thor.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 109
  • Resurrection of the Magnificat (683x1024) (1).jpg
    Resurrection of the Magnificat (683x1024) (1).jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 128

MoonGypsy

Holy Cannoli,Padma! You are sooooooooooo talented! You MUST create a tarot [or even Lenormand]
Deck!

Padma

Thanks, MG! :love: Maybe some day.

Now, Blue Fusion - I must say what really strikes me is the lovely flow and energy contained in your small (almost wood-cut like!) images. You convey so very much in the small doodles!

:)

And you know, normally I don't love borders, but yours are an intricate part of the art, and very much go with it. They'd look like shorn lambs without the amazing border work!

blue_fusion

Thanks, MG! :love: Maybe some day.

Now, Blue Fusion - I must say what really strikes me is the lovely flow and energy contained in your small (almost wood-cut like!) images. You convey so very much in the small doodles!

:)

And you know, normally I don't love borders, but yours are an intricate part of the art, and very much go with it. They'd look like shorn lambs without the amazing border work!

Yours look amazing! What medium do you use? Acrylic? They look so life-like! I thought the dog's was actually a pic! Interestingly, i got a Lennie vibe with the dog and a Tarot one with the Lion. I think that lion image could be a nice starting point for a deck. It has this non-literal, symbolic feel to it (I am not good at expressing my ideas! Lol).

Padma

When doing portraiture for clients, they want it to look just like their photo ;)

I can see the lion being the Magician or the World card in a tarot deck, yes.

My problem is I love to paint on massive canvasses, and that would be hugely impractical for scanning the work to be used as cards.

I use acrylic paints and texturizing mediums.

Glad you liked my paintings!

Let's get back to talking about your work ;) This is, after all, your thread!

blue_fusion

When doing portraiture for clients, they want it to look just like their photo ;)

I can see the lion being the Magician or the World card in a tarot deck, yes.

My problem is I love to paint on massive canvasses, and that would be hugely impractical for scanning the work to be used as cards.

I use acrylic paints and texturizing mediums.

Glad you liked my paintings!

Let's get back to talking about your work ;)

Okies. But one last thing (because I really think a deck done by you would be awesome): I have read in the past that an alternative to scanning large canvas paintings would be photographing them at high resolutions. You can maybe have a local carpenter have an adjustable scheme made for your canvas and camera so the photo centers nicely and flatly (I have a scheme in mind I can PM you if you want). :D

In other news, feedback has generally been positive for a crowdfunding campaign. I am warming up even more to the idea. I just have to do a bit more research - still really torn between which printer to use...