Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 298 : April 15 - April 21

Carojulie

Thank you so much Rose ! Yes, it sure will !
And I hope you all have a nice relaxing week also !
:)

Scarlet Woodland

Decided I was being a bit too impatient with the Bonefire and am going to wait till my replacement cards have crossed the pond.

Trimmed and gilded the Tarot Of The Magical Forest (in shimmery lilac) over the weekend and it's so adorable I've switched to that instead :)

Carojulie

Hi Scarlet,
The tarot of the magical forest is suppper cute once trimmed, isn't it ?
I trimmed mine and edged it in purple, for want of a better sharpie. Shimmering lilac must look great !
Do you have pictures ?
For mine, I trimmed the titles off, and I just added an initial and symbol of the suit on the court cards to prevent any mixup, but in reality it was not even 100 % necessary.
Did you trim the titles off ?

Scarlet Woodland

Hi Scarlet,
The tarot of the magical forest is suppper cute once trimmed, isn't it ?
I trimmed mine and edged it in purple, for want of a better sharpie. Shimmering lilac must look great !
Do you have pictures ?
For mine, I trimmed the titles off, and I just added an initial and symbol of the suit on the court cards to prevent any mixup, but in reality it was not even 100 % necessary.
Did you trim the titles off ?

It's sooo cute... with just the right little touçh of creepy :D Trimming has made a huge difference. Hadn't realised the borders bothered me that much till I lopped them off. Have kept the titles on for now till I get used to spotting the diff between the kings, queens, justice and the emperor. Do plan to take them off after a couple rounds in DOTW though.

The shimmery lilac looks lovely, will post a wee pick once I'm back with my laptop. It could probably use one more layer of gilding but will save that for when I lop the titles off.

The Fey Tarot's my next gilding project. Finished trimming it at the weekend but still can't figure out which colour to use. It seems to want a mid-light blue but I only have royal or teal in blues. Might end up trying out my sparkly sunflower yellow :)

AJ

last to the bar..I'm working with the Tao Oracle, thanks VG

Rose Lalonde

Loving this week with Rosetta gold as my second deck. I held off on getting even the mini last year, because I'd sunk all my $ into Tabula Mundi, but now that I have it, I'm very glad. (couple of unboxing photos here) Also got the 12 decan cards for TM, which I'm using as a tarot calendar - idea I stole from Nemia. -- A fun tarot week.

I hope you all are enjoying your decks! :D

VGimlet

Hope everyone had a great week with their decks as well.

Here is the new thread for the coming week.

Green Faerie

As is usual of late, I had a hard time this week finding time for myself to work with my cards, but I did have a coffee meeting with a younger friend of mine who is interested in learning tarot, and we had the Tarot Mucha, the Green Witch Tarot, and the Tarot of the Hidden Realm all spread out over the table as we talked. She really loved the TotHR, and saw a couple of things immediately in the Magician and the Justice cards that I hadn't noticed. It was a wonderful conversation and really made me happy. :)