Psycards Study Group - 14. The Mother

Master_Margarita

Here is the image of this card.

The first thing I notice about this card is that it is impossible to tell from the ambiguous background whether the chair in which the Mother is sitting with her children is indoors or outdoors. The floor at her feet is faintly green, but it's not necessarily grass. The background up higher is faintly blue, but it could be a wall. I think the Father card has a more clearly defined horizon line.

Mother sits with three children of varying ages. Her gaze is not outward towards us, the onlookers, but either turned inward in thought or towards one of the children. Perhaps she is listening to something one of the children is saying.

In contrast to the Father card, where Father points the way, but does not touch his child, the Mother on this card is touching, or being touched by, all three of her children.

Hobson says:

Your relationship with the first person you encountered will set the pattern of your life. Understand that and you will understand yourself. This is the message of the Mother card.

:heart: M_M~

.traveller.

Maybe "Mother" is everywhere, so she doesn't have a defined location in the card.
I notice that her gaze is turned away, Father's gaze is much more confrontational. She also wears sensible shoes, the daughter is barefoot. When we have children, do we lose our carefree nature? What about how the standing boy reaches across his Mother almost in a protective gesture?

Summersweet

Yes the boy doesn't seem to be that close as the other 2 children, hmm. To me this card shows a lot more protection than the father could does. It also makes me think about bonds and links as the mother and children link together in their touches and how they 'hold' each other, togetherness.