Psycards Study Group - 18. Destruction

Master_Margarita

This card looks like a pretty good counterpart to the Tower card of tarot, although the commentary notes that this is a whole city that is being destroyed, not just a tower. Not sure that this is a significant distinction <shrugs>.

Is that a victim in the foreground holding a Bible? That could be a message about the consoling nature of religion, a comment on religious wars, or a statement about its ineffectiveness. All in the eye of the beholder.

I wonder if the bow and arrow of The Skills and The Father have been put into play here.

:heart: M_M~

.traveller.

I think that it is significant that it is a city rather than a tower being destroyed. A tower gives the impression of an isolated event effecting only a few. The city, with it's church, shows more wide scale impact and the destruction of the structures of tradition.

Summersweet

.traveller. said:
I think that it is significant that it is a city rather than a tower being destroyed. A tower gives the impression of an isolated event effecting only a few.

Yes I agree, the tower shows it to be more inward as well and what we bulid up in our mind and happens all of a sudden by a lightening bolt. Destruction could be something that has bulit up over time, it could go on and on and also shows death which the tower doesn't.

With the church I also see it as relating to beliefs and values although it isn't as destroyed (yet) so maybe this could be linked with keeping your values and morals or atleast the basic structure to them as the inside is burnt away. If you think of the time this is set the church played an important part in community and bringing people together.