Faeries: Year and Soul Cards (for fun!)

Melissa`

Ok, we just threw the system around in chat for a bit and it seems to work rather well. Don't get this confused please with the system of finding your soul and year cards with the tarot. We had to improvise the addition to make sure all of our wonderful faerie friends were envolved and got to play.

Soul Card:

1. Add your birth month and the day you were born together.

2. Add the numbers within the year you were born together.

3. Next add those two numbers together.

example:
Sept. 28, 1978
9+28=37
1+9+7+8=25
37+25=62
62= The Glanconer

Year Card:
Use the same steps as above except for the year, add the current year with your birthday.

example
Sept 28 - 2003
9+28=37
2+0+0+3=5
37+5= 42
42= Myk the Myomancer

What if your number is higher than 65 for either Soul or Year?
Easy! Reduce the number. Say if you came up with the number 66.. simply add the two together and get 12. Which would then be Singer of the Chalice.

Have fun everyone and happy playing!

Blessings,
Amaya

Rhiannon

Hi Amaya! This was so fun to do with you guys last night.

Mine worked out to be #33 - Faeries of the Future
and #17 Himself for my year card.

I thought it was interesting that Himself was also my fave card! I will have to work with these and post my thoughts later.

R :)

rostie

for soulcard i have 54, epona's wild daughter and for year card just as you rhiannon 33, faeries of the future...hmm, very right i think...

i'll have to say, i have it a little difficult with dorcha, epona's wild daughter, i always try to avoid her...not good! i know ;)
and fairies of the future is just so right, my whole own world have changed this year, and i had to make so big decisions about my future, nice to know they guard me :)

thanks for the tip!!! very interesting!!!

with love,
sara.

Melvis

Oh dear. My Soul Card is #58, Ffaff the Ffooter. I guess keeping my head out of the clouds is a lifelong pursuit for me! My Year Card is also #42, Myk the Myomancer, which is a pretty good card for a Tarot person, I think! :D

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

darwinia

Perhaps I shouldn't say, but I would find the restrictive "fun" of pinning things down like this irritating. For the same reason I didn't care for Mary Greer's system as outlined in her book, this would frustrate me and my imagination.

Okay, it's an exercise for interest, I can see that. But then what? Don't you then always have this limiting association in your mind? Or maybe it's just a dandy way of connecting with the cards for 10 minutes?

Has anyone taken it further by writing or drawing something to go with the association? Journalling or doing something else that isn't by the numbers or isn't by the book?

It seems to be that if you're going to constrain yourself to the system, there might be a way to individualize the experience other than saying "Wow, look who I am!"

For interest's sake?

Diana

This is Nuff talking here. I've taken over Diana's keyboard. I don't talk much normally, 'cos I'm pretty grumpy. But I just wanted to say that Amaya's way of using our cards is giving us all much delight, and in fact we're all busy working out our own Soul cards right now. This thread is being watched very closely by us Faeries, so everyone had just better enjoy it.

darwinia

n = true zero¹³

lunalafey

have not met these Fey......

thanks to Amaya in chat, I know what my soul and year cards are...
Year: collective of pixies
soul: singer of chalices...
I was given key words, but if anyone could add to it, I'd be very thankful...

Freesiaskye.... for interest's sake, what might be YOUR cards?
I have a difficult time with the soul and year card system because of when my birthday is....I can't see how this 'fun' is limiting, it's an association in the mind, but not limiting, if anything it's an expansion. 10 minutes with a card for what ever reason is good for study.
Perhaps you can take your ideas and develope something you feel is not so limiting and share it with us all.....if it works like a charm...then perhaps you can write a book about it.

sagitarian

year and soul cards

My soul card is 40, Honesty.
My year card is 25 The Faery Godmother.

VERY interesting! Indeed. I will have to think about this some and then post again what i "make" of this reading, any ideas are more then welcome! hehehe.

Khatruman

Been away from the fae for a while

Perhaps this flurry of new decks I have been getting has had me storing away my decks for quite a bit, but the fair folk haven't been out of my mind. In fact, I have gotten the Fey Tarot and Waking the Wild Spirit within this time, so their are now some more of the wild folk with me. Perhaps I need to take some time this week to return to these fine creatures. Seems some of the whistful ones are stirring up feathers, or pixie wings, here!!!

I must say that I hold similar aversions as freesiaskye does towards my soul card, etc. I think it is for the same reason I strongly avoid astrology: there is a certain limiting nature to it. I have changed my signature line, but if folks do remember, I tagged on a quote from Walt Whitman's "Song of Myself" "Do I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself... I am large, I contain multitudes." Any aspect that pins you into a type of person can have limiting aspects. I was always one to avoid being a certain type, or hang with a certain crowd. I have changed, and continue to change, and that is often on a daily basis. People use astrology quite often to peg a person: "Ahhh, he's an Aries.... yeah, I know what he's like." Well, if you have just met me, NO YOU DON'T!!!

I understand this is fun, and I don't want to Poop any Parties, but sometimes I am Himself, sometimes I am Ohh, That Gnome!! *L* perhaps within minutes..*s*...

Peace