The Heart of Faerie

Alta

Well, I am a mod and even I am not sure if this can go here or should be in Oracle decks. So, whatever.... fine with me.

I just got my copy of the Heart of Faerie Oracle today, it had been on pre-order for so long that I had forgotten about it. Because it is by the same artist (although the collaborator is Wendy Froud rather than Jessica MacBeth, though the latter is mentioned on the Acknowledgements page), of course comparisons are inevitable. And that is what I did.

I wouldn't say that 'much' of the art, but a not-insignificant number of cards are re-works of the cards in The Faeries' Oracle. Several of them have been re-titled. I am not sure how to describe it, but the pictures look different in quality, in sense that they do not seem as other-worldly.

Divided differently too. There are Faerie Queens, the Consorts, and various other divisions. Cards sort of clump so I'll have to work with them for a bit to see if that improves. There is always fanning powder I guess.

Hard to say 'like' or 'don't like'. I am so accustomed to the other deck I'll have to try and separate from that.

Alta

faunabay

You mean it's out already???? :bugeyed: I thought it was supposed to be in March sometime!!! eek! Off to place an order.

I'll HAVE to have them even if they're not the same as the original faerie oracle. !!!!!

.traveller.

Which cards are reworkings? I was looking to get this, but I was expecting all new artwork/cards. Are they the same size as the FO? What are the backs like?

faunabay

OK, it's ordered! :) I meant to preorder it but kept putting it off. (shrug) Oh well, it's on it's way to me now.

I really wish it had all new artwork! (pouts) But it'll still be the froud faeries. :)

Alta

They are exactly the same size as the Faeries' Oracle. I'll post a couple of scans including the backs. The backs have hearts on them.

Attachments

• Heart of Faerie-01.jpg
    Heart of Faerie-01.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 613
  • Heart of Faerie-02.jpg
    Heart of Faerie-02.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 605
  • Heart of Faerie-03.jpg
    Heart of Faerie-03.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 554

Alta

faunabay said:
I really wish it had all new artwork! (pouts) But it'll still be the froud faeries. :)
Well, it is mostly new artwork, I hope I didn't over-state that.

.traveller.

Thank you! I'm glad they are the same size. I like the looks of it and the backs. Looks like I have my birthday present all figured out. :D

Thank you, Alta!

faunabay

Thank you sooo much for the scans Alta! I LOVE the heart backs!!

And there's a card called The Rox!!! My "real" name is Roxanne!!! LMAO So now one more reason this is a must have for me!!! (walks off giggling)

AnastasiaBlue

I am jealous that you already got yours. I have had mine preordered since January.

But thank you for posting pics because I wanted to see what they looked like. I was also worried that they might be the same pics as the others.

Alta

Mine came from amazon.ca. It is odd to see it delivered before amazon.com which is usually much sooner.