Mary K Greer's Books

newlillith

I just started "reading tarot for your self" today. I've only gotten through the Tarot Profile Section and am loving it! I'm using Evernote for all the exercises as I'm reading the book off of my Nook. Already I'm learning how to trust my intuition and my readings tonight have been right on. Once I finish this I'm definitely moving on to "21 Ways." I got the book after reading this thread, so thanks guys!

Babalon Jones

I just got "women of the golden dawn" but haven't started it yet. Looking forward to it though, it looks great!

Babalon Jones

Started Women of the Golden Dawn last night...had trouble putting it down, even though I was completely exhausted. So, I'm part of the way in, and so far am fascinated!

Greg Stanton

That is a GREAT book.

Babalon Jones

Almost finished with Women of the Golden Dawn; just the many appendixes to read (which also look very readable and interesting, unlike some!). Compelling all the way through, and well written. Love the way it weaves in the four achetypes and the astrology of the characters so seamlessly. A great book, very highly recommended!

Teheuti

Thank you everyone for your kind words about 'Women of the Golden Dawn'. It was a crazy labor of love and an overwhelming amount of work that now seems like a dream. To say that I was possessed is probably true, but not by any one of the women—more like by the spirit of all priestesses and rebels. I'm glad to hear the astrology worked for at least some of you. They lived their lives with awareness of the astral currents and I wanted to get as close to that as I could, giving a sense of how all experience is symbolic to those who live a magical life.

My biggest challenge was walking the fine line of presenting historical fact while honoring and including a sense of their equally real experience of the magical-intuitive realms. If you notice, the entire book is set within a ritual circle, invoked at the beginning and released at the end.

Babalon Jones

Thank you everyone for your kind words about 'Women of the Golden Dawn'. It was a crazy labor of love and an overwhelming amount of work that now seems like a dream. To say that I was possessed is probably true, but not by any one of the women—more like by the spirit of all priestesses and rebels. I'm glad to hear the astrology worked for at least some of you. They lived their lives with awareness of the astral currents and I wanted to get as close to that as I could, giving a sense of how all experience is symbolic to those who live a magical life.

My biggest challenge was walking the fine line of presenting historical fact while honoring and including a sense of their equally real experience of the magical-intuitive realms. If you notice, the entire book is set within a ritual circle, invoked at the beginning and released at the end.

Yes I did notice that! It was very effective. This is certainly an inspired book, just brilliant. Thank you for manifesting it.

TinySpark

This is so timely!!! I haven't read a tarot book in AGES, and just tonight started reading and studying "Spiritual Tarot".

I've gone through "Tarot for Yourself" several times and always get a lot out of it. Like any book on such a rich subject, I agreed with some stuff, disagreed with others, and learned a lot about myself and tarot. Honestly I don't remember what I thought of the other book, which might mean I didn't like it as well, or that I wasn't into reading/studying at the time I got it.

I've just ordered three books on tarot. Two focusing on personal growth: "Tarot for the Healing Heart" and "Tarot Shadow Work", and "Understanding the Tarot Court" by Mary Greer.

Books must be in the air!!! LOL

I love Understanding the Tarot Court. In a weird way, it is the reason I just gave away my copy of tarot reversals. The approaches to studying each card were fascinating and I want to use those approaches in understanding all 78 cards in the same way. Tarot Reversals is a wonderful book, but I was using it as a crutch when I didn't understand a cards reversed meaning, just looking it up instead of really studying. Maybe, one day when I feel I can read tarot reversals, instead of using it like an encyclopedia, (do they even sell those any more? ;b ) I'll "re-buy" it. But when I was in the book shop I couldn't choose (between Tarot for Yourself and Tarot Reversals), so sad that that New Age bookstore closed down, ah well. anyhow that's my two cents.

minrice

I just got "women of the golden dawn" but haven't started it yet. Looking forward to it though, it looks great!

Love, love, love this book! It's such a great read, Greer really is a fantastic writer and storyteller and this book is her chance to "shine" outside of just a Tarot context. You will love it!!!