Best Loved Tarot Books!!

wigwag

Hello there

I had an idea.

Why don't we add a list of our favourite tarot books.

I am sure this will help others when choosing. Unless they read the comments at amazon.

Sorry for those who have already discussed books. I admit I pinched the idea from you.

Anyway my favourite tarot books are as follows

The Tarot according to You (a workbook) - Nancy Garen. I am keeping weekly notes on one card at a time in this book. It really does give you a good insight into the cards if you are comparing them to what happened in the week you pulled the card.

The Tarot revealed by Paul Fenton Smith which is the book that most reflects my own interpretations but is easy to follow and gives some good case studies. It is thorough in its description of the cards.

And my ORIGINAL and FAVOURITE book for very new beginners.
(it took a week before I was reading tarot WITHOUT looking up the meanings) is THE IDIOTS GUIDE TO TAROT and FORTUNE TELLING by Arlene Tognetti and Lisa Lenard.

I am interested though that several of you are using the 78 degrees of wisdom. I might order this.

Temperance413

Hey Wigwag,
My contributions would be,
Tarot For Yourself by Mary K. Greer. aworkbook designed to give you a thourough understanding of the cards.

78 Degrees of Wisdom, a classic

Mastering the Tarot by: Juliet Sharman-Burke

These really helped me and would be excellent for the beginner.

DeLani

My faves are:
Also Tarot for Yourself by Mary K. Greer -- as I've said about a million times.
Tarot Celebrations by Amaral & Cunningham - gives rituals to find and use the gifts of the Major Arcana.
They are both really good.
DeLani

LeahG

I received 78 degrees of Wisdom for Christmas from my Parents, and it is excellent!!!

:)

blumoon

wigwag said:

The Tarot revealed by Paul Fenton Smith which is the book that most reflects my own interpretations but is easy to follow and gives some good case studies. It is thorough in its description of the cards.

And my ORIGINAL and FAVOURITE book for very new beginners.
(it took a week before I was reading tarot WITHOUT looking up the meanings) is THE IDIOTS GUIDE TO TAROT and FORTUNE TELLING by Arlene Tognetti and Lisa Lenard.

i agree with you on both of these, paul fenton-smith's book opened my eyes to tarot, and the idiots guide has some interesting info about using numerology with tarot

:)

arizonagirl

Since I usually use Robin Wood Tarot, I ordered her book from her website and it's just packed with all kinds of information about the cards.

jmd

Tarot Books

My favourites are:

1: Meditations on the Tarot, Anonymous, Element Books

2: the three volume Encyclopedia of Tarot by S. Kaplan, USGames

Strange2

My two favorite Tarot books are:

The Book of Thoth, by Aleister Crowley

Although this book is specific towards Crowley's Thoth tarot deck, it is chock full of elucidations and insights on the symbolism of Tarot. I would not consider this a beginner's book, but it happened to be the book that really got me started on a serious exploration of Tarot

Tarot Symbolism, by Robert V. O'Neill

A very scholarly and well-researched examination of the many possible influences of the Tarot. This book is very difficult to find, but well worth the pursuit if you are interested in the historical background that surrounded the creation of the Tarot. Again, not a beginners book, but it is clearly written and fascinating. It has opened up many new areas of personal research for me.

zorya

my favorite tarot books would have to be;

tarot reversals, by mary greer
seventy-eight degrees of wisdom, by rachel pollack
the tarot handbook, by angeles arrien

Kiama

My faves so far are:

Living The Tarot, by Amber Jayanti
Tarot Journeys, by Yasmine Galenorn
Tarot Shadow Work, by Christine Jette
78 DW, by Rachel Pollock
Tarot Companion by Rachel Pollock
Robin Wood Tarot Book, by Robin Wood
Pythagorean Tarot Book, by John Opsopaus

And basically most of the books that come with the decks!

Kiama