Japanese Tarot Nintendo DS Game

ihcoyc

Chibi Death is almost too amusing to resist.

Feitico

The cards are really lovely, and they do a decent job of keeping the RWS imagery.

kairos

the cards are so adorable. i want the game but i'm japanese illiterate.oh well play it like any other.

i must agree about games and anime which get people interested in tarot. i remember i first noticed tarot in an anime called dnangel although there wasn't much in it regarding the cards, but the cards did look very beautiful.

Flavio

Saw that game a few weeks ago and blogged about it, I understand this is a "tutorial" cartridge instead of a game, the game is sponsored by a Tarotist called Midori Fujimori who is supposed to be the teacher or guide when you use it.

I'd love to see a version of this game on this side of the world :)

The Google traslation worked well for the link provided by roppo!

Read it in english

You'll find the word ORIJINARUTAROTTOKADO = original Tarot card(s)

ihcoyc

the Midori Huzimori Let's Tarot, a fortune-teller used from the day you have to become soft.

One of these days, I need to create a Machine Translation Oracle.

Flavio

ihcoyc said:
the Midori Huzimori Let's Tarot, a fortune-teller used from the day you have to become soft.
:) I understand what you said, google traslator worked well from the point of view it was able to traslate, many japanese websites I've seen are impossible to traslate because many kanji (words/characters) are not text, but image. Of course Google ans any other traslator demand humans to fix the mistakes and fill in the gaps.

HarleyQuinnX

Wow, it's been a few months since I've visited AT and look at the things I miss! This might be fun for me, since I'm learning Japanese, and can understand maybe 50-65% of it. (The website, at least. There's probably a lot more kanji and things I don't know in-game)

My main problem is the high price and my lack of experience using Majors only decks. But like said before, those cards are HUGE. They are really beautiful though...

Well... they are lovely... I have been working very hard, and did just receive a minor windfall in for about the same amount as the cost of this game. Maybe I should consult one of my decks about how it would feel about company. :D

CalypsoTea

Wow! This is just fantastic! I've been wanting something like this for my cell phone, but one for the DS is great too. ^_^

I actually sent a note to Nintendo the other day. I really didn't expect an answer from them, so I was very surprised to get a response the very next day:

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

At this time, Fujimori Midori no Let's Tarot has not been announced for release. If Nintendo decides to develop and publish this game, the news will be posted in our website's "What's New" section (www.nintendo.com/whatsnew). Be sure to check here often for all the latest information and announcements.

Once a game has been officially announced, our website's Game Guide feature (http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide) represents the best place to find the most accurate release dates. Once there, use the questions on the left column to narrow your search based on system. You may also filter your search based on genre, online play, etc. Click on the title of any game to be taken to that game's web page.

Remember, any posted release dates are estimates and subject to change. As a product's estimated release date approaches, you may wish to check with your local retailers to see when it may be available in your area.

Thank you for your e-mail.
Nintendo of America Inc.

Very "cut and paste" response, I know, but it's better than "Nintendo will never..." Perhaps if enough of us express an interest, it will help them to take notice. ^_^

annabubble

This looks really good! I have been somewhat disillusioned with my DS due to buying the Nintendogs which got on my nerves having to feed them all the time when I got a real dog. And now it won't let me put them all in the doggy hotel or whatever :(

But back to the point, this looks good but the only thing I can say in Japanese is Seven or Father (I can never remember which one). Might cause a problem...

Roxie

Ah man, geek moment. I carry my DS everywhere and this would be perfect for my game collection.

I heard that US DSs can play japanese DS games. If that's true, all I need to do now is get a hold of a copy and learn japanese.

EDIT: I just looked it up, it's not region protected. Let's Tarot should be compatible with US NDSs.

If anyone has the Animal Crossing game for the DS, do you go to Katrina to get your fortune told?