Llewellyn's new card stock

Nina*

Try comparing your old Mystic Dreamer with the Animal Totem.

At least mine (and several others I know) are very different. I also got the Green Witch but don't remember right now if I got that one on new or old cardstock.
A friend recently had to re-order the Shadowscapes and got that one on the new cardstock too (she had the old copy and could tell).

katey

At least mine (and several others I know) are very different. I also got the Green Witch but don't remember right now if I got that one on new or old cardstock.

A friend recently had to re-order the Shadowscapes and got that one on the new cardstock too (she had the old copy and could tell).

Yes, as I said, I'm almost certain the Green Witch has not always been the new stock, so it's quite likely gregory 's is the old stock. I haven't heard anyone who bought the Animal Totem and the original stock, though.

This is all a very recent change, so if you have bought an older deck (like the Green Witch) more recently but got the same old card stock, its likely you didn't get the latest printing. Plenty of stores will still be selling older items if their turn over isn't as great as some of the major shops, like Amazon. I got my Green Witch from Book Depository.

Luna's Crone

Yes, as I said, I'm almost certain the Green Witch has not always been the new stock, so it's quite likely gregory 's is the old stock. I haven't heard anyone who bought the Animal Totem and the original stock, though.

This is all a very recent change, so if you have bought an older deck (like the Green Witch) more recently but got the same old card stock, its likely you didn't get the latest printing. Plenty of stores will still be selling older items if their turn over isn't as great as some of the major shops, like Amazon. I got my Green Witch from Book Depository.

the book depository always takes weeks for my cards to come. is it the same for you?

katey

the book depository always takes weeks for my cards to come. is it the same for you?

It used to. They've gotten a lot better lately. The Green Witch took less than two weeks, which was a record. I usually expect it to be 2-3 weeks, which is pretty standard for shipping to Australia. [emoji4]

Scarlet Woodland

Haven't tried any of the new stock yet so very curious. Am one of the... oh... three? people who genuinely like their old cardstock ;) so not that enthusiastic about them changing it on the older decks as well. Appreciate that they're making an effort to improve it though. I'm not loving the sound of it personally but tend to favour thin and flexible unlike most, so they'd do best to ignore me :D

Does anyone have a deck with comparable cardstock? Am picturing something like the Sakki Sakki... thicker but cardboardy.

ETA: They could have brought out a larger edition Shadowscapes while they were messing about with the cardstock anyway... grumble grumble.

gregory

Yeah, OK - it is different. But not horrible, I think - and the new style BOX is so much better that I could forgive them any reasonable stock they used. Don't you like the better BOX ? No squishinthemail issues any more.

Certainly I don't think they crease any worse than the old stock - though I note (which I didn't before) that one of the Animal Totem cards is chipped - and clearly was when I got it.

Nina*

Yeah, OK - it is different. But not horrible, I think - and the new style BOX is so much better that I could forgive them any reasonable stock they used. Don't you like the better BOX ? No squishinthemail issues any more.

Certainly I don't think they crease any worse than the old stock - though I note (which I didn't before) that one of the Animal Totem cards is chipped - and clearly was when I got it.

Oh yes. Absolutely prefer the new box type!
But the cardstock.....

Anyway, others have mentioned the chipping too. I haven't had it happen yet though. Probably will because I do like the Animal Totem deck a lot.

ana luisa

I haven't bought a Llewellyn tarot for a while but wonder why they decided to better the stock... In my humble opinion, since I don't have huge collections like gregory, what is REALLY bad about their decks is the paint/ink or whatever you call it. Already 3 decks come to mind that have been moderately used and have ALL their borders pale and losing color. The Legacy is the worst because of no borders and the black background. Wonder if nobody has issues with this as well.

MaeWasteland

Hmm, waiting for a copy of the Green Witch (from book depository via Amazon), will be interesting to see what the cardstock's like, not that I've got any Llewellyn decks to compare with, I don't think.

katey

Yesssss the box is 100x better! I was more excited to see that change than I was the new card stock!