Candles

PeonyInLove

CrimsonRed seems to be the expert here and I'm sure she'll be back to give more information but I can tell you that you don't have to watch the candle the whole time. My goodness that could take days depending on the candle. Could you imagine watching a 7 day candle? ;) Maybe at the start you could see how it's burning and come back to check on it from time to time. That's what I do. I know others suggest lighting the candle then let it do its thing.

I honestly think everyone holds this ability and it doesn't matter where your planets were when you were born. People's wishes come true all the time but they might not be aware of how they did or in what way. As far as wishes go, I think it has to do with letting go of the intent. When you hold on to it, that is keeping in a state of want, the Universe gives you that, a state of wanting. It's when you "let go" of the wanting the "order" is free to be delivered. Understanding this part is the key to successful manifestations.

Candles, jars and other items are just tools to assist us with our creations. Candles just happen to be very effective for me.

Thank you xx I very much agree that we all have the power to manifest wishes yet some don't know how to utilise it. I meant that it feels natural to me kind of thing...

Lol yeh 7 day candle wld be tiresome lol I only use the chime candles so it takes maybe like an hour or 2 to burn.

PeonyInLove

Hi PeonyInLove... nice to meet you :)

Thank you for sharing :)

My 2 cents... so I would say that your success with candles and intent is your Scorpio Mars. That is a tremendously strong placement... anything you set your mind on you can achieve.. not only in the metaphysical but in your everyday walk of life too (do a google search on Mars in Scorpio, and you'll get lost of info).

Answer to your question: Personally I say no way! lol.. I mean who has the time to sit there and watch a candle for hours and hour. So no... I would just light it with intent (and the burn the paper in the flame after you've lit it)... and I also put the ashes of the note to the wind/outside. But that's just me. Hope this helps :)

Love & Light!

Thank you xx I did Google it and the stuff was very interesting... Nearly every site said 'the ability to focus and get what one wishes' kind of things...

I just use chime candles so bout 2 hours or less to burn. I honestly watched it for an hour and then I ended up grabbing my uni work n studying next to it lol but that great to know for the future as watching a candle for even 2 hours is just too long lol

CrimsonRed

Thank you xx I did Google it and the stuff was very interesting... Nearly every site said 'the ability to focus and get what one wishes' kind of things...

I just use chime candles so bout 2 hours or less to burn. I honestly watched it for an hour and then I ended up grabbing my uni work n studying next to it lol but that great to know for the future as watching a candle for even 2 hours is just too long lol

Hi PeonyInLove,
Thank you for your reply. I'm leaving this site... so I wish you all the best!
Skarlet

CrimsonRed

Hi GotH,
Just a little note... I'm leaving this site.. wishing you all the best... it was nice chatting.
Love & Light!
Skarlet

GotH

Skarlet,

I am sad to hear you are leaving the site as I've enjoyed your participation on this thread. :( If you can come back sometime for a visit, please do so as you'll be missed.

Best wishes in your spiritual pursuits and may you be happy and well.

G

blue_fusion

Tawas

In the Philippines, we have this method called Tawas, named after, well, tawas, which is the local term for alum. Alum crystals were used by the ancients, but the last hundred or so years have seen the use of candles as substitutes. Basically, the seer or medicine woman would first get herself into a more receptive frame of mind and then she holds a lit candle on top of a bowl of water. She focuses her intent on the water in the bowl while the candlewax drops form shapes on top of the bowl of water. She then interprets the shape of the formed wax, a bit similar to reading tea leaves. This method is normally used for determining what ails a person, though. Also, i am not sure if there is chanting involved. You might want to maybe make up your own method based on this? It's nice because it introduces the element of water (intuition) into candle scrying. Or something. :D

GotH

In the Philippines, we have this method called Tawas, named after, well, tawas, which is the local term for alum. Alum crystals were used by the ancients, but the last hundred or so years have seen the use of candles as substitutes. Basically, the seer or medicine woman would first get herself into a more receptive frame of mind and then she holds a lit candle on top of a bowl of water. She focuses her intent on the water in the bowl while the candlewax drops form shapes on top of the bowl of water. She then interprets the shape of the formed wax, a bit similar to reading tea leaves. This method is normally used for determining what ails a person, though. Also, i am not sure if there is chanting involved. You might want to maybe make up your own method based on this? It's nice because it introduces the element of water (intuition) into candle scrying. Or something. :D

Thanks blue_fusion, I do this form of scrying all the time to get information. It works beautifully and I recommend it to people who are interested in getting deep and informative readings. I use different colors to represent the subject. Red or pink for intimate/love based questions. Green for money. Yellow for success... etc.