I need some new divination tools?

Radke

Hi everyone,
I LOOOVE experimenting with different divination tools, and am open to learning new ones.
Does anyone have any good tools they can recommend that I should buy?
Right now I use
- Tarot Cards (any unique decks you may have, recommend me!)
- Fortune Telling cards (I am learning gypsy witch deck, so recommend me any as well)
- Crystal Ball (quartz)
- Astro dice
- Titania's oracle
- Chinese fortune telling sticks
- Astrology (birth charts, natal charts, vedic charts, etc.)
- Numerology

Considering
- I Ching
- Pendulum
- Tea leaf readings?
- Alethiometer
- Napoleons book of fate
- Gong hee fot choy

any ideas would be great! I love learning new tools!

GotH

any ideas would be great! I love learning new tools!

Me too!

Gosh, there are countless ways to practice divination, the list is unlimited but have you tried reading candles yet? Get a color that represents something to you. Green for prosperity, yellow for success, red for passion, black for banishment ... etc. Set an intent or ask a question then read on the progress/outcome. The way a flame burns and the formations of the wax will give you messages regarding your request. This is definitely one of my favorite divination tools of late. If this is something that interests you, you can Google more info on the process.

Have fun. :)

Barleywine

I didn't see horary astrology in your list, unless it's "etc." It adds a whole new dimension to astrological prediction and there are some very talented mentors in the Astrology forum. I also use geomancy (I don't use a box of dirt and a stick, just carefully selected stones as recommended by Israel Regardie; but you can use anything that will give "even and odd" results, even flipping a coin twice for each geomantic figure). John Michael Greer and Stephen Skinner have pretty good books on it, and you can download Agrippa's (or "pseudo-Agrippa," I think) stuff for free.

danieljuk

I love trying different forms of divination and have done since I was about 12! :)

I like pendulums and I-Ching (I am a beginner at). I have tried tea leaf reading but it's too tricky looking for the pictures for me.

some to add to try that are fun....

- dream divination (ask a question or think about something before going to bed)

- Bibliomancy is a great one! Traditionally people used the bible but you can pick any book you want or make it random and open a page and put your finger down on a passage. I have had fascinating results with it! you can bring that idea to other areas. I do an audio version with my music collection on shuffle! whatever is the next song is the answer! I am sure the music one has a name but it escaped me currently.

- Palmistry is fun. You only need to learn about very basic main lines at the start. you can even compare your hands to pictures online.

- I like to try automatic handwriting but never had anything come up for me with it. Geomancy is using lines in the earth on rocks and the sand. I randomly draw lines in the sand and interpret it in a automatic handwriting way.

I like to give them all a chance and see if I like it :thumbsup:

Ace

At one point, after a friend and I discussed the fact that ANYTHING can be used as an oracle, I started doing candy heart readings for Valentine's Day (assign each color and message a meaning and see what the combinations are.) We also did a seminar about it at a SF con: I scryed on the broken edge of a piece of chocolate....successful! Something I had never been about to do!

Also besides Tea leaves, consider coffee grounds and clouds of milk in coffee.

barb

AmethystEyes

Me too!

Gosh, there are countless ways to practice divination, the list is unlimited but have you tried reading candles yet? Get a color that represents something to you. Green for prosperity, yellow for success, red for passion, black for banishment ... etc. Set an intent or ask a question then read on the progress/outcome. The way a flame burns and the formations of the wax will give you messages regarding your request. This is definitely one of my favorite divination tools of late. If this is something that interests you, you can Google more info on the process.

Have fun. :)
Ou! I like the sound of this one GotH!

Aster Breo

I love ogham (also spelled ogam, pronounced oh'-em), which is based on the characters of an old Irish writing system. (Contrary to popular opinion, it's NOT all about trees.) I strongly recommend the book Ogam: Weaving Word Wisdom, by Erynn Rowan Laurie. The system she developed is fantastic.

Metafizzypop

No true fortune-teller should be without a Magic 8-Ball. :)

ana luisa

Reading animal crackers - Zannamarie's creation

Reading strands of hair - my personal favorite for serious issues.

Reading coffee beans - a fun one :)