"Medieval Chihuahua Tarot" ...completed...

tarotlyn

:heart::) I have been working on a new tarot deck, namely: 'Aye Chihuahua Tarot'

ETA: Costumes I am using for this deck are a mixture from 'different' time periods...
From the Middle ages on up through the 1800's.

To whom it may concern:
* 'ALL' of the photos I am using in this new tarot deck are images that I have already PAID for and...
'ALL' of them have 'PERMISSION' for their use (in any way I want to) and quite a few are also PUBLIC DOMAIN images.

* This deck theme is in Medieval times as well as the 1800's, with costumes, etc. from those time periods.

* Each card will be created using graphics software and each card will me made up of MANY images
manipulated and transposed together to create ONE image ...or rather ONE card.

* Some members may like it and some may not like this style... or what I am doing...that is okay.

* The reason I am posting my work on AT is that some of the members here are very encouraging and
that actually helps me 'COMPLETE' my project. You all keep me motivated. I am NOT, nor ever have,
posted on AT just to get 'fluffly' comments...LOL HOWEVER, IF you want to fluff...go ahead I can take it! Ha Ha :laugh:

...as far as critique, well I guess that depends on your motive...BUT YES, I want to hear about
things that don't look right ('WHILE' I AM CREATING THIS, 'NOT' AFTERWARDS)...
...AND 'IF' I am capable of fixing it, then I will...IF NOT, then I won't be able to.
If anyone really hates this deck, me or the work I am doing, well, then you don't have to
visit here if you don't want to. :heart:'s to you and a HUG as well.
Oh yes, I will be HUGGING you guys...even if you don't like the deck :heart: (that is just me! LOL)

* Oh, and I may be doing something a little different with the traditional RW version.
Such as, say, the 3 of swords card: maybe NOT the usual 3 swords stabbing through the heart with blood!
What I mean is, I will try to bring out other possible meanings for certain cards, like the 3 of swords,
as well as a few others. So, you may not find every single RW thing or every single RW symbol
in all of my cards, but I do like sticking fairly close to the RW version because it is so widely read.
I know some of you don't like the RW versions that much, but then that is your choice...this is mine :)
Note: I think you can say if you like it or even if you don't...
It is a free country to say or feel what you like...whether I agree with you or not! :laugh: :heart:

* Also, there is NO time limit on this deck...so I will work at an even pace,
with some cards moving along rather smoothly, and surely some cards that will be a pain in my... arse? LOL :laugh:

I hope I have covered everything to start with...

...so with that...

Here are FOUR of my FIRST 'Aye Chihuahua Tarot' cards...

NOTE THESE ARE NOT FINISHED YET...I am playing with NEW graphics software...

(but these will be the images I will be using for these cards)

:heart: HUGS either way!
tarotlyn

ETA:
© Copyright tarotlyn 2012
My work may NOT be COPIED, REPRODUCED or ALTERED in any way.
You DO NOT have the right to claim my work as your own and post my work on Photobucket or any other image hosting site.
You DO NOT have the right to grant anyone permission to use my work.
You DO NOT have the right to sell my work.
You may NOT use the pictures for layouts, blogs, websites, myspace, banners, designs, posters, cd, books etc. WITHOUT MY WRITTEN PERMISSION.
These are NOT stock images.
Even though I am creating this deck with 'public domain images', once finished, they do NOT belong to the public domain.

Attachments

• FEMALE.UNFINISHED.AT.jpg
    FEMALE.UNFINISHED.AT.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 633
  • EMPEROR.UNFINISHED.RD.AT.jpg
    EMPEROR.UNFINISHED.RD.AT.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 511
  • DEVIL.UNFINISHED.RD.jpg
    DEVIL.UNFINISHED.RD.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 535
  • TOWER.UNFINISHED.AT.jpg
    TOWER.UNFINISHED.AT.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 455
  • TOWER.UNFINISHED.1.AT.jpg
    TOWER.UNFINISHED.1.AT.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 440

Bhavana

Oh, I am ALL OVER THIS ONE!!! Can you use any chi pics? I have two chihuahuas, and a few great shots that you can have if you need them. That devil is the greatest!!!

Here is one pic, just to give you a sample - my little Pep. Modeling his Phillies scarf. He has huge ears, but he's not showing them in this shot.

Attachments

• IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 419

tarotlyn

Oh, I am ALL OVER THIS ONE!!! Can you use any chi pics? I have two chihuahuas, and a few great shots that you can have if you need them. That devil is the greatest!!!

Here is one pic, just to give you a sample - my little Pep. Modeling his Phillies scarf. He has huge ears, but he's not showing them in this shot.

:heart: Bhavana, YES, YES, YES...Pep is just so adorable!!!.I really want to put him in this deck...
And you probably remember I told you that Pep looks so much like my Taco, and also my
:heart: Lee Lee Lou :heart: that is gone now...

These are the 'Deer' Chihuahuas. I think there are about 13 different varieties of Chi's.
Oh, BTW, my father Chi, which is a Black Saddle Applehead breed, (that a friend has now),
also puts his ears back sometimes.

Pep has great eyes and I love that little innocent look on his face...LOL :laugh:

Please send me any images you would like me to work with (the larger the better) and also
if you have a preference for which tarot card you would like him to be?
Maybe some of our other members can also suggest which card he mightlook good in?

...wow this is so exciting!!! I am putting Lee Lee Lou and Taco in this deck as well! LOL

Thank you so much for the permission to have your dog's images in my new deck!:):thumbsup:
:heart: Pep is a real sweetheart!

:heart: @everyone
If you have a Chi and if you want to have them in this deck,
just post here and I will gladly work them into the deck!

Also, as I mentioned in my first post, those 4 cards I have been working on
are completely UNFINISHED!!!

Question: What do you think about the 'hands'...should I make them into Chi 'paws'
or leave the human hands? Not sure...just wondering what you all think?

And the gold frame?...is that okay as well? I think it looks better with the top and bottom
title plaque area I made, but do you like it?

I haven't even come up with a back image yet...
Well, just like my last deck (the bears), I am jumping all over the place!
There is no specific starting point for me...just JUMP IN and sink or swim...LOL :laugh: ha ha

:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn

Chronata

I just want to say WOW!

I absolutely love it so far. Especially that Devil!

You found some wonderful images and you have managed to put them together in really beautiful ways. Your borders and fonts are lovely too.

I think I need this deck to compliment my BB Cats.

Can't wait to see a finished card!!

tarotlyn

ETA: UPDATED:...AND UPDATED AGAIN!!! LOL...it is now the 'Aye Chihuahua Tarot'

...too many ideas but not enough time! LOL

:heart: LOL
tarotlyn

loaa boa

I think it is really awesome so far!!!!!

Chronata

I think Medieval Chi is the best of those...the other names seem too cutesy...and while the deck IS indeed very cute, it also has a sophistication that the more "punny" names don't do it justice!

This is such a treat. I know you said you are working on it at your own pace, but I can't help but be excited...I want to see MORE!! :D

tarotlyn

I just want to say WOW!

I absolutely love it so far. Especially that Devil!

You found some wonderful images and you have managed to put them together in really beautiful ways. Your borders and fonts are lovely too.

I think I need this deck to compliment my BB Cats.

Can't wait to see a finished card!!

:heart: Ah...Chronata, you bring me GREAT encouragement...I have had my doubts about doing this on AT :bugeyed:

That devil is really wild...I love him so much! Can you believe that image was in the public domain?
Why no one ever used it in a tarot deck, I can't figure out...I think it is perfect for the devil card.

Plus I found one 'mean' Chi...I will post the original image down below in this pm
so you can see what I mean. It was said that they were trying to take away his bone! LOL
I found two images of the same dog...so I used one for the main face and one for the
mini-me devil that the devil is holding...so funny! Look below for the image...

Now I really have to get serious!!!! :bugeyed: LOL :laugh:
I am kind of tired out because of just bringing in about a week's worth of firewood,
(it's supposed to rain here for 4 days...good weather for creating tarot cards ;) )
but tomorrow I will 'try' to finish one of those 4 cards...probably the devil card because he
needs better bigger ears, and Chi hands?, and maybe a better (showing up) wine bottle!

QUESTION:
Chronata, what do you think about the hands? Should I use the hands in the images or should
I try to change them to Chi hands?... which, of course, will be much more difficult :bugeyed: and very
time consuming, but I can do it.

Thanks Chronata! :*

:heart: CHI HUGS (LOL)
tarotlyn

Attachments

• devil.chi.1.jpg
    devil.chi.1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 330
  • chi.devil.2.jpg
    chi.devil.2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 340

tarotlyn

UPDATED: it is now the 'Aye Chihuahua Tarot'

I think Medieval Chi is the best of those...the other names seem too cutesy...and while the deck IS indeed very cute, it also has a sophistication that the more "punny" names don't do it justice!

This is such a treat. I know you said you are working on it at your own pace, but I can't help but be excited...I want to see MORE!! :D

YIKES...we cross posted...LOL

Okay then...'Medieval Chihuahua Tarot' it is then!!! I do like that one too :) and you are right
the images I am going to be using are sophisticated and serious as well. It think this fits the best.

See how quickly you cleared that up for me? This is why it is good to post your new deck creation on AT :):thumbsup:

:heart::* Thanks Chronata!
Lyn

UPDATED: it is now the 'Aye Chihuahua Tarot'

tarotlyn

I think it is really awesome so far!!!!!
:heart: Thank you so much loaa boa, you are giving me wings to fly with! :):thumbsup:
What you said just makes me want to do a better, and greater deck than my last one!
I will try to live up to your comments!

:* Chi hugs
tarotlyn