Wand colors

Horace

DruidCraft Wand colors

I noticed in the index a comment I'd made about the King of Wands' clothes. So I thought I'd say something more about the colors most evident in this suit. Just some more things I want to know.

Wand colors seem to be mostly reds and oranges, especially in the court cards. Red and Yellow make orange but this suit starts out with the green in the 2 and 3. Green for growth gets blended with the passionate creative reds in the pants on the 5 of wands. But there's only 2 apprenticed green here and 3 of the more fiery red. Perhaps the start of refining one's passions into a skill. Because once again there's more green in the 6.

The colors in the 7 and the 9, are that tan again. Is this the fire and passion of the red/orange color, drained?

These colors are especially evident in the wands courts. The Princess has very little red. Only over her heart. The Queen and King show the most advanced reds and oranges.

How does all that orange fit in? Where's the yellow needed to temper the red? Hh

crazy raven

Wow Horace you've asked some very important and pertinent questions. I'm not even sure I'll get to answer them all in one sitting. Fantastic observations. :)

With all your questions regarding color, I'm wondering if a thread should be introduced regarding each color. What do you think?

To answer your questions.....

The colors in the 7 and the 9, are that tan again. Is this the fire and passion of the red/orange color, drained?

I'm not sure if drained is the right word, depending on the circumstances, tan can be a help or a hindrance....and when stuck, definitely could show a low point in power or physical energy. If you look closely at the 7 of wands their is a 'touch' of red and green in the man's pants and in his helmet.......however tan as you say dominates the scene.

As a personality, tans are more of an intellect, they like to mentally analyze a situation and come up with a reasonable solution....they aren't much in showing their emotions...they prefer to keep these to themselves.

When low in energy, tans, can become close-minded. They become stuck in a cycle of old patterns, and they won't budge unless they can see the proof of something. Oh boy, it can be very hard to change their perspective on something.

BUT tan in a positive sense can calm down the more excitable colors, like the fiery, physical red for example. It may say to red, "wait, this is not the time to react.' The logic tan may say, 'know when to stand up for your truths and principles, hold your truths in your heart until the time is right....if not you'll only meet with oppositions or problems. Analytical tan may say, 'you cannot expand and grow without the backing of strong principles'.

So as you can see there are many different 'logical' approaches to the color tan. Remember our discussion of the logical, methodical tan in the 3 of Pentacles? Sorry didn't want to take you away from the wands, just thought it may be pertinent..... http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=155476

I'd love to hear what others think.....I'll have to comment more on your interesting questions later. I've got to get to work :eek:

*Just thought you might find this interesting....to create the color BROWN, you first mix yellow and blue to get green and then add green and red to make brown. Brown added with white would create the color tan.

crazy raven

Horace said:
These colors [red and orange] are especially evident in the wands courts. The Princess has very little red. Only over her heart. The Queen and King show the most advanced reds and oranges.

How does all that orange fit in? Where's the yellow needed to temper the red? Hh

Many who are into color healing and aromatherapy, know the name Roland Hunt. He wrote the Seven Keys to Color Healing back in 1971. In this book he wrote regarding orange

Roland Hunt said:
Orange has a freeing action upon bodily and mental functions, relieving repressions; it combines physical energy and mental wisdom, inducing transmutation between the lower nature and the higher; it outweans moronic tendencies helping to unfold and raise the mentality—it is therefore termed the “Wisdom Ray

He also mentioned that orange helps in the assimilation of new ideas and that this color brings a sense of freedom from material limitations. Hunt also warns that too much orange (stimulant) can cause one to become overindulgent. He said ‘it must be used with discrimination’. Orange raises our strength of will and increases our ability to deal with the many trials and tribulations of life. Perhaps that's why the orange in the Princess of Wands is balanced with green?

Orange touched with gold is said to symbolize mental and spiritual energy. Copper channels and grounds higher vibrations and Brass made long ago was a combination of gold, copper and silver...the strongest metal known. I'm sure this must of been what the Druid's wore??

Another little tidbit I found interesting and perhaps those who have studied the Druids can expand on this.....is that the school of the Druids was separated into 3 parts. The lowest of the 3 was the Ovate (Ovydd), who dressed in Green, the color of instruction and learning. This color is very prominent in the suit of Wands, especially the beginning.

The second division, known as the Bard...wore blue, symbolizing harmony and truth, (Swords?) hence the Celtic harp....and the third division always wore white, (Pentacles?) symbolizing the purity of the sun.

Something else you mentioned Horace
Where's the yellow needed to temper the red?
I would think yellow would excite the red not temper it??

merissa_88

Horace said:
Wand colors seem to be mostly reds and oranges, especially in the court cards. Red and Yellow make orange but this suit starts out with the green in the 2 and 3. Green for growth gets blended with the passionate creative reds in the pants on the 5 of wands. But there's only 2 apprenticed green here and 3 of the more fiery red. Perhaps the start of refining one's passions into a skill. Because once again there's more green in the 6.

It is funny that a suit associated with summer has so little yellow. Maybe orange and red are meant to symbolize the noon sun becoming more powerful as the afternoon progresses? Brown and tan do seem to represent doing the hard work. Some people associate these colors with serfs. In the 5,7, and 9 cards, brown and orange do seem to indicate struggle or fatigue.

These colors are especially evident in the wands courts. The Princess has very little red. Only over her heart. The Queen and King show the most advanced reds and oranges.

There's also a little blue in with the red and orange. The princess, queen, and king all wear this color. Is this the heavens/truth that hold the fire?

crazy raven

merissa_88 said:
There's also a little blue in with the red and orange. The princess, queen, and king all wear this color. Is this the heavens/truth that hold the fire?

Hi merissa,

I like what you said about heaven/truth that holds the fire. :)

When I see a little blue in red and orange in someone's aura, I see someone who is being themselves, someone who is honest, expressive and open with their feelings and hoping to receive the same from others. Blue and orange complement each other.....blue calms the excitability of orange and red and allows us to connect with our higher selves and our spiritual qualities....it connects us with the Divine. I would say the blue gives the wand courts profound insight and channeling cababilities.