A novel using the sequence of the RWS minors - can anyone help ?

Lee

That sounds right, Lee! I wasn't able to find anything after a quick check through all four volumes of the Encyclopedia, but I may have more time to look through them tomorrow.
i don't remember which number it is, but it's the one where he focuses on PCS. The actual text that you're looking for is in italics, I believe, sort of as a long caption to some scans of the minors. I can see it in my mind's eye!

rwcarter

i don't remember which number it is, but it's the one where he focuses on PCS. The actual text that you're looking for is in italics, I believe, sort of as a long caption to some scans of the minors. I can see it in my mind's eye!

That's Volume III. Thanks for the clue as to where to concentrate my efforts!

tarot heart

I believe I found what you are refering to - Volume III, p. 34.

But I thought we were looking for a novel?

rwcarter

I believe I found what you are refering to - Volume III, p. 34.

But I thought we were looking for a novel?

That's not what I'm remembering in terms of a comparable Ten to Ace story in each suit as what Mary Greer did with Ace to Ten in the Llewellyn Reader. But I'm not seeing anything else in Tarot Encyclopedia vol III that fits.

As for whether it's a novel or not, only gregory's friend can say once what we've found so far is presented.

Lee

Now I'm thinking I was wrong - I think it was in the first volume.

Le Fanu

The one I was thinking of which tells the story of the RWS minors (not a novel by any stretch...) is in Volume I and it is in the part which refers to the Royal Fez Morroccan Tarot not the RWS. My copies of the Encylopedias are in another country right now!

gregory

Gimme a while....

Lee

My copies of the Encylopedias are in another country right now!
Mine are in another state, how frustrating...

In my memory, it's a relatively short passage. He gives an example story for two of the suits, I think, definitely not all of them.

gregory

I do think the guy who asked is looking for more than that (and has Kaplan anyway...) - Mary Greer's thing MAY be it....