Top 5 Tarot Scenes in Movies

Wil_Mac

Hi All:

I know the subject of tarot in the movies has been pretty well documented here and elsewhere. I wanted to see what some of your favorites are. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking:
1. Burn Witch, Burn! Has a dramatic Pre-finale involving maybe a Marseille or JJ Swiss
2. The Devil Rides Out's opening sequence uses them for pretty awesome dramatic effect
3. Holy Mountain, directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky has a nice featurette on tarot as well as images in the film.
4. The Ninth Gate has a pretty 'mazin look at images appearing alot like traditional tarot arcana.
5. A Walk on the Moon, with Viggo Mortensen, has a nice comfort reading in it.
Very honorable mention. The awesome Jimmy Page Hermit/Star Child sequence in "The Song Remains the Same."

I find that the tarot is most often used as a salacious, "horror" prop, or a cliche "gypsy oracle" and it's a rare treat to see it included and utilized by a director who seems to have some experience with it.

DaughterofEarth

The recent movie, Now You See Me, has a good use of Tarot cards for dramatic effect!

Wil_Mac

I'd love to see a few more "top tarot movies," even if you don't have a top 5.... I'm going to post on the books section soon & do one on "music inspired by tarot." Love to get some new ideas!