Chronicles of Destiny Pros and Cons

Nina*

Thank you Nina! That was a great review. Do you still love yours? Do you find it easy to read with? You have many decks to compare with, so do you feel this deck has something that other oracles lack? I am becoming pickier these days as I already have alot of oracles that I'm just not using.

Yes, and I just realised I lied ( :bugeyed: !!!) in another thead; I DO also use this oracle quite a lot.

I find that it's more than (most) other oracles in that it can be laid out in a spread and make sense, where most oracles are easier used when you only pick one card. This one is more tarot/lenormandish. If that makes sense?

ETA: and the creators have a great blog where they give tips for readings/meanings too.

Miss Divine

Yes, and I just realised I lied ( :bugeyed: !!!) in another thead; I DO also use this oracle quite a lot.

I find that it's more than (most) other oracles in that it can be laid out in a spread and make sense, where most oracles are easier used when you only pick one card. This one is more tarot/lenormandish. If that makes sense?

ETA: and the creators have a great blog where they give tips for readings/meanings too.

Yes it makes perfect sense. Indeed most other oracles besides the Lenormand work best as a one card draw.
It's official, this is definitely going on my wishlist!

Nina*

Yes it makes perfect sense. Indeed most other oracles besides the Lenormand work best as a one card draw.
It's official, this is definitely going on my wishlist!

Great! I hope you'll like it a lot!

Miss Divine

Great! I hope you'll like it a lot!

I fell in love with the artwork. It sounds like it really has depth so I doubt I will be disappointed. Thanks for chiming in! :)

rif

I don't use mine because every time I've handled the cards, I end up with tiny bits of gold all over my hands. Apparently, the gilt comes off. I don't want that on my hands, in the carpets or getting on the pets. So it's a bit of wasted money for me. :(

Has anyone else found that?

silvereye

I don't use mine because every time I've handled the cards, I end up with tiny bits of gold all over my hands. Apparently, the gilt comes off. I don't want that on my hands, in the carpets or getting on the pets. So it's a bit of wasted money for me. :(

Has anyone else found that?

Wow that certainly sounds very messy.

Booklioness

I just now saw this deck and ordered it today. I haven't heard any other complaints about the gold. The artwork is stunning and I'm interested in the new system.

silvereye

I love the cards but what impresses me is the story in the booklet,it really makes it much easier to memorise the card meanings.