Ace of Pentacles + Chariot + Ten of Swords for a Job Interview

TarotNewbie1

I had a job interview today. I did a larger spread where the outcome made sense (positive) and what the employer thinks of me made sense (positive) but I am confused with the Ace of Pentacles + Chariot + Ten of Swords for how the employer thinks I did in the interview.

My take, we have the Chariot in the center, a strong assertive card. To the right we have Ten of Swords, a man that has been defeated. But to the left we have the opposite, Ace of Pentacles, which is about new beginnings and an offer. With the black and white horses symbolized by the Chariot my thought was that it could mean that after the interview the employer does not know which way to move forward with the hiring process regarding hiring me or not. He is split. He doesn't know whether my assertiveness would be beneficial or overbearing maybe.

Or could the cards be saying that the employer thinks that I can financially benefit the firm because of my determination to succeed and that I will not give up even during hard times.

I used RW upright for my reading.

PAMUYA

This could mean an offer but not what you expected. Ace is an offering, chariot keeping things in check, holding steady, 10 of Swords disappointment.

Carojulie

I tend to agree with Pamuya's idea here.

An other idea along the same lines (but I do not know exactly how you organised the spread ?)
The ten of swords could represent the state of mind of the employer, who might have mixed up feelings because they were considering someone else for the job, and now that they interviewed you, they change their original opinion regarding to how they were going to deal with this position, and that induce a change of plan that is not going to be easy to deal with for them.

Do you know if there were many other candidates for this job, and if some were interviewed before you ?
If that were the case, and if the three cards in your spread are specifically about the employer's feelings after the interview, I would sense, from their point of view :

- ace of pent : this TarotNewbie1 whom we just interviewed is going to be a great new asset for our company, let's consider starting to work with them and let's make them an offer

- Chariot : This TarotNewbie has wonderful drive and we should not let them go elsewhere / Hiring them is going to be a turning point in this company development

- Ten of swords : shit, I was about to hire/promote XXX for this job before I interviewed TarotNewbie, everything was organised, it was the easiest and more obvious way to go, but now I like TarotNewbie better than XXX. I hope I am not making a mistake by letting XXX go, and I know I will have to deal with hairy situation when I tell XXX that they dont have this promotion after all etc..... what if I can change the deal and offer one of them a different position etc....

Once again, a lot depends on the rest of the spread and the position of the cards in the spread ?

TarotNewbie1

This could mean an offer but not what you expected. Ace is an offering, chariot keeping things in check, holding steady, 10 of Swords disappointment.

Okay, so the question was how the employer thinks I did in the interview. So, are you saying that after the interview he thinks he will offer me the job but not according to my expectations?

TarotNewbie1

I tend to agree with Pamuya's idea here.

An other idea along the same lines (but I do not know exactly how you organised the spread ?)
The ten of swords could represent the state of mind of the employer, who might have mixed up feelings because they were considering someone else for the job, and now that they interviewed you, they change their original opinion regarding to how they were going to deal with this position, and that induce a change of plan that is not going to be easy to deal with for them.

Do you know if there were many other candidates for this job, and if some were interviewed before you ?
If that were the case, and if the three cards in your spread are specifically about the employer's feelings after the interview, I would sense, from their point of view :

- ace of pent : this TarotNewbie1 whom we just interviewed is going to be a great new asset for our company, let's consider starting to work with them and let's make them an offer

- Chariot : This TarotNewbie has wonderful drive and we should not let them go elsewhere / Hiring them is going to be a turning point in this company development

- Ten of swords : shit, I was about to hire/promote XXX for this job before I interviewed TarotNewbie, everything was organised, it was the easiest and more obvious way to go, but now I like TarotNewbie better than XXX. I hope I am not making a mistake by letting XXX go, and I know I will have to deal with hairy situation when I tell XXX that they dont have this promotion after all etc..... what if I can change the deal and offer one of them a different position etc....

Once again, a lot depends on the rest of the spread and the position of the cards in the spread ?

Hi Carojulie. This is how I organized the spread. I didn't use reversals:

1 (Ace of Pentacles) + 2 (Chariot) + 3 (10 of Swords) = Employer's thoughts on interview

4 (???) = How employer sees me
5 (??) = Outcome. Will I get the job offer?

Since, I can't post my entire reading, I left 4 and 5 blank.

That is interesting how you mentioned that "The ten of swords could represent the state of mind of the employer, who might have mixed up feelings because they were considering someone else for the job..."

Yes :), actually during the interview, the employer did say he was originally thinking of hiring someone with more experience in a particular area and he changed his mind and decided to interview me bc he was thinking of possibly hiring someone now who isn't that experienced but could be trained in that particular area.

"Do you know if there were many other candidates for this job, and if some were interviewed before you?"

Well yeah, I'm sure he did bc he originally contacted me in January via email. I hadn't heard back from him bc from the email it sounded like he wanted someone with more experience in a particular area as I mentioned above. Then out of the blue he contacted me this month again, and I was interviewed. So, I'm sure during that period he must have interviewed others and I'm sure he is probably still interviewing people now too.

It's funny how you mentioned that the employer thought "we should not let them go elsewhere" bc during the interview I did tell the employer that I was offered another position elsewhere lol. But I would prefer this current job bc the other job offer would require me to move. And I don't want to move to that city at all.

Now, about offering me a different position. I'm not sure how that is going to go bc I'm not sure what else that position can be. There is only one position. However, I did find out that they recently hired another girl. I thought that was interesting that they were interviewing me when they had just hired someone else. So, I thought they were only hiring one person, whereas now it seems they are potentially adding another person to hire.

The other thing I thought about when I saw the 10 of swords was that the man is stabbed by ten swords and is severely injured. The job position I am applying for represents clients that are severely injured.

Thank you for your wonderful insight. I'm amazed by your accuracy.

Barleywine

On the face of it this looks like a "hard charge" that falls short in the eyes of the employer.

Ace of Pentacles: the employer thought that you meet the minimum requirements to do the job, and would be a reliable employee.

Chariot: the employer appreciated your dynamism and poise.

10 of Swords: in the final analysis, the employer wasn't impressed enough to want to take it further based on the results of this interview alone. If the interviewer is still in a quandary (see below), you may not have heard the last word.

In this sub-set of cards, the quint is 18, the Moon. which suggests that the employer is ambivalent about hiring you. He actively contacted you to come to the interview, but, as you noted, he has "mixed up feelings" about his next move. If you add in the 4 and 5 of "whatever" it would come to 27, which would be either 18 or 9 depending on how you reduce, so the picture doesn't change a lot.

The Elemental Dignities are mixed; the Chariot (Water) is friendly to the Ace of Pentacles (Earth) and neutral to the 10 of Swords (Air), which is mildly encouraging at the start, but Earth and Air are strongly antagonistic to one another, so on balance the testimony leans slightly toward unfavorable.

headincloud

Perhaps he's seeing you as the solution to having no-one in the position hence the 10S. The ace and chariot seem to describe the job itself and the process of hiring.

TarotNewbie1

On the face of it this looks like a "hard charge" that falls short in the eyes of the employer.

Ace of Pentacles: the employer thought that you meet the minimum requirements to do the job, and would be a reliable employee.

Chariot: the employer appreciated your dynamism and poise.

10 of Swords: in the final analysis, the employer wasn't impressed enough to want to take it further based on the results of this interview alone. If the interviewer is still in a quandary (see below), you may not have heard the last word.

In this sub-set of cards, the quint is 18, the Moon. which suggests that the employer is ambivalent about hiring you. He actively contacted you to come to the interview, but, as you noted, he has "mixed up feelings" about his next move. If you add in the 4 and 5 of "whatever" it would come to 27, which would be either 18 or 9 depending on how you reduce, so the picture doesn't change a lot.

The Elemental Dignities are mixed; the Chariot (Water) is friendly to the Ace of Pentacles (Earth) and neutral to the 10 of Swords (Air), which is mildly encouraging at the start, but Earth and Air are strongly antagonistic to one another, so on balance the testimony leans slightly toward unfavorable.

Hi Barleywine, what do you mean by hard charge? Never heard that phrase before.

I like how you came up with the number 18 for the moon. My initial thought was also that he was probably having mixed feelings or contradictory thoughts about hiring me after the interview. But the way I came about that was different than how you came up with that. I definitely am not knowledgeable about the numerology aspect of tarot cards. So, it's really nice to get your perspective on that.

So, I noticed that you added the numbers of each of the three tarot cards from position 1-3...(Ace of Pentacles) 1 + (Chariot) 7 + (10 of Swords) 10 to get (=)18, correct? But for the unknown positions of 4 and 5 you added the position numbers (4 and 5 ) to get 27, correct? But what if the cards in position 4 and position 5 did not add up to 27 but another number...does that change anything?

One thing I did notice is that he did abruptly end the interview. I did wonder about that lol Either way I will find out this coming week. So, I will let everyone know the results. Thank you!

TarotNewbie1

Perhaps he's seeing you as the solution to having no-one in the position hence the 10S. The ace and chariot seem to describe the job itself and the process of hiring.

That's certainly true. Someone has to fill the spot of the current employee who is now leaving. Considering that positions 4 and 5 were seemed positive, I am leaning towards a favorable outcome as well. Thank you, headincloud :).

Barleywine

Hi Barleywine, what do you mean by hard charge? Never heard that phrase before.

I like how you came up with the number 18 for the moon. My initial thought was also that he was probably having mixed feelings or contradictory thoughts about hiring me after the interview. But the way I came about that was different than how you came up with that. I definitely am not knowledgeable about the numerology aspect of tarot cards. So, it's really nice to get your perspective on that.

So, I noticed that you added the numbers of each of the three tarot cards from position 1-3...(Ace of Pentacles) 1 + (Chariot) 7 + (10 of Swords) 10 to get (=)18, correct? But for the unknown positions of 4 and 5 you added the position numbers (4 and 5 ) to get 27, correct? But what if the cards in position 4 and position 5 did not add up to 27 but another number...does that change anything?

One thing I did notice is that he did abruptly end the interview. I did wonder about that lol Either way I will find out this coming week. So, I will let everyone know the results. Thank you!

Oops, I thought 4??? and 5??? meant "4 of ???" and "5 of ???" Disregard that last part and just go with 18 (Ace + Chariot + 10).

The Chariot is about forward momentum, "driving on to victory," as it were. So I figured the interviewer probably appreciated your self-assurance.