The Moon clarified by the Queen of Cups

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, in a spread about what to expect in February for specific areas of my life, I draw The Moon in regards to love, but the card was unclear, so I pulled a clarifier that was the Queen of Cups.

Actually I see The Moon a bit negatively, that is to me it's saying during this month I'll experience anxiety and uncertainity for what concerns love and relationships. Anyway this card is also about intuition, so it may be that instead I'll be more prone to listen to my gut feelings and so to gain more knowledge, indeed the Queen of Cups is about intuition and being in touch with your own heart/emotions as well. So to sum up I'd say I should expect rather something more internal than external, I mean probably things will be more likely to happen within myself.

I also think these two cards are strictly linked to each other, after all they're two very feminine cards and share the same element: water (the Queen of Cups is even water in water!).

Any other ideas? I'm not sure about my interpretation, thanks.

Barleywine

In the experiment I did with linking the court cards to the Major Arcana, I considered the Queen of Cups as the "little sister" of the High Priestess, which is related to the Moon as a kind of "higher octave" of the Moon card - call it a purer expression. In that sense, the Queen of Cups is kind of like a "handmaiden" to the High Priestess. Linking the Queen of Cups directly to the Moon card could degrade the nobility of that concept. Maybe the Moon would lie and the Queen of Cups would swear to it?

elena_jaymz

In the experiment I did with linking the court cards to the Major Arcana, I considered the Queen of Cups as the "little sister" of the High Priestess, which is related to the Moon as a kind of "higher octave" of the Moon card - call it a purer expression. In that sense, the Queen of Cups is kind of like a "handmaiden" to the High Priestess. Linking the Queen of Cups directly to the Moon card could degrade the nobility of that concept. Maybe the Moon would lie and the Queen of Cups would swear to it?

Hi Barleywine, thanks! I like this description :D so being the Moon the liar or also the one who instills doubt, I think then the Queen of Cups is me, believing to the Moon lies, letting her playing with my mind. Argh.